• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Some shots of the books in B&W. Hush seems the one that gets translated to BW the best.
Honestly? I think it all looks fantastic as heck. I might sound biased though. Love the line works.

Hush
I mean it still looks great. Hush without color wouldn't be detrimental at all. I just originally read it with color and love it as is. It's such a colorful book because it goes through the entire pantheon of Batman characters, and that's what makes it such a fun read.

Arkanius

I mean it still looks great. Hush without color wouldn't be detrimental at all. I just originally read it with color and love it as is. It's such a colorful book because it goes through the entire pantheon of Batman characters, and that's what makes it such a fun read.

I might end rereading them all in color. I'm a more digital kind of person, and getting these books for my physical collection of Hardcover books seems great.

Ended up buying the three. Very excited for them!

It's good and I'm enjoying it, but I don't really know how to would sell it lol. The ongoing will probably start immediately after the mini ends though.

The writing is stellar and explores the themes of Civil War II in a way no other book really can. The art is...different, might want to look at a couple previews to see if it's something you can tolerate.

It's still a tie-in so you have to find the basic plot of CWII at least a little appealing to want to see it further explored, but I do think this one could be enjoyed without paying much attention to the main event.

cool, thanks dudes. I'll look for #1 tomorrow and wiki CW2.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at that weird place where 30 still seems old, but then I remember that I'm 27.

But, yeah. Happy Birthday Freeza. Hope it's a good one.

30 years old.

Life is basically over.

I only have 3 years left.

B22VzBO.gif

I'm at that weird place where 30 still seems old, but then I remember that I'm 27.

But, yeah. Happy Birthday Freeza. Hope it's a good one.

TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU

Owzers

overwatch ddos attack
Uncharted 4 will take over an hour to download a 7GB update file

video games, why bother?

Movie time! Re-Kill on netflix, it's about zombies.

Vibranium

Banned
Happy birthday Freeza! I'm younger hahahahaha...nah, just messing around.

I'm really debating whether to go to Canada Fan Expo this year (our biggest convention). I've got work and more school but the line-up this year looks great. I want to meet Kevin Conroy and blurt out "It was just sex, for god's sakes" on behalf of JC.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
happy birthday freeze 🎉🎉🎉

Yo I liked Telltale's Batman episode 1.

only played the first portion but already enjoying the hell outta of it. hope they stick to the tight release schedule they laid out.

#teamBlue

I've been seeing the first volume of the Nu52 Suicide Squad series everywhere for sale. What you guys think of it? I looked at it briefly and it didn't really seemed interesting to me but I'm willing to give it a change.

I've been seeing the first volume of the Nu52 Suicide Squad series everywhere for sale. What you guys think of it? I looked at it briefly and it didn't really seemed interesting to me but I'm willing to give it a change.

Skip. The Suicide Squad run to read is Ostrander's.

Alternatively, look into Copra. Not a DC comic but it's damn good and heavily inspired by Suicide Squad.

Best Avengers runs starring Wanda that aren't about her going crazy?

Kurt Busiek/Perez Avengers. She's gets powered up in the first three issues, there's a great love triangle between her/Wonder Man/Vision, and she even challenges Cap for Avengers leadership a couple times.

and late in the game there's a very good issue paying off all that Wanda/Wonder Man stuff by the Astro City creative team

avengers-51.jpg

it also has a hilarious subplot about Carol Denvers being an alcoholic and Mr.Demon in a Bottle gotta be the one to call her out

Warbird.jpg

Messi

Comixology really gonna skip doing a rebirth sale on the week of suicide squad and Harley and then have some shitty half assed SS sale. Shame on you DC.

Hah yea. That's how I always see carol since that's the first run I read of her.

And wasp as leader of the avengers was so great. She kicked ass

Favorite subplot(remember those) was when Pym got replaced by his evil döppelganger Yellowjacket and everyone was like "hmm when did Hank get so talkative..."

d40bc08e16a2b797c75c1eec9a1b3af5._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

as much as I enjoyed Kang Dynasty, I would have loved to see Alan Davis stick around for longer than 6 issues. He was a great replacement for Perez and the classic feel of the book.

Favorite subplot(remember those) was when Pym got replaced by his evil döppelganger Yellowjacket and everyone was like "hmm when did Hank get so talkative..."

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/DigitalPage/1857652/d40bc08e16a2b797c75c1eec9a1b3af5._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg[/IMG

as much as I enjoyed Kang Dynasty, I would have loved to see Alan Davis stick around for longer than 6 issues. He was a great replacement for Perez and the classic feel of the book.[/QUOTE]
Oh yea! Man the Kang arc was the best ever.

Lowest subplot Triathlon's nonsense with that cult or whatever.

Finished first volume of Walt Simonson's Thor. Started out strong with Beta Ray Bill's story, been going slow since then, little actual Thor action. Fafnir stuff is cool but starting to pick up again with Maelkith sucking some dude's life force out by turning into a woman :p.

Didn't realize it's a recolor but the art is still gorgeous. Wish they had a classic Thor funko for my desk at work, all they have is mcu thor which sucks without the cap.

Sucks about the suicide squad reviews, still going to see it for Captain Boomerang. Chris Evan gif's are quickly ascending to "Cake is a lie" level.

Please tell me a Chris Evans gif backlash is coming. That would be the most deliciously salty development of all time.

Top Bottom