• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hush looks great in Black and White, judging from those pictures, since it has that generic ass 90s superhero coloring. Long Halloween and Dark Knight Return look cool, too, but I think I'd miss the coloring in those comics since it's so good.

You know what comic needs a B&W edition? 100 Bullets, the art in those books suffers sometimes because of the basic coloring.

I've been seeing the first volume of the Nu52 Suicide Squad series everywhere for sale. What you guys think of it? I looked at it briefly and it didn't really seemed interesting to me but I'm willing to give it a change.
I had a lot of fun with the first three volumes. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but t's a solid action team book with some solid dark humor. Not a must read though. You lose nothing by skipping it.

Well, except for a lot of King Shark.
Best Avengers runs starring Wanda that aren't about her going crazy?
Only Avengers runs I've read were the first volume of Essential Avengers -- which had Stan Lee's run into Roy Thomas' run -- and all of Remender's Uncanny -- which is godlike. Both of them have Wanda and neither have her going crazy (well an argument can be made for Remender), so I'd recommend those.

Yo, I still read comics! I'm normally a digital guy but couldn't pass up this Rupps Comics(Local)/Cincinnati Comic Expo Jason Fabok Harley Quinn #1 signed by Fabok.

cynLKlx.jpg

Did you look at the art? Huge downgrade from Dodson.

Yeah, but I don't think the art is bad. More than anything, I'm excited about seeing the story continue.

Happy birthday.

omg happy birthday freeza!!!

I'm glad I'm not as old as Freeza.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks guys!

Yo, I still read comics! I'm normally a digital guy but couldn't pass up this Rupps Comics(Local)/Cincinnati Comic Expo Jason Fabok Harley Quinn #1 signed by Fabok.

Who is this person? Aren't you that guy who spends all his money on Star Wars Hot Toys?

So I started playing Telltale Batman on PS4. Got through the first two chapters so far. No slowdown and not a single stutter so far. It's worth noting that a patch downloaded before I started, so it might have been a last-minute update to hammer down the performance issues.

Really enjoying it so far. I can see this being one of my favorite Telltale games after TWD Season One and Tales from the Borderlands.

Suicide Squad.

Boy, I sure hope No Man's Sky isn't a repeat of Suicide Squad. I already bought that one digital. :|

Pau

Kurt Busiek/Perez Avengers. She's gets powered up in the first three issues, there's a great love triangle between her/Wonder Man/Vision, and she even challenges Cap for Avengers leadership a couple times.

and late in the game there's a very good issue paying off all that Wanda/Wonder Man stuff by the Astro City creative team

Busiek/Perez run

Only Avengers runs I've read were the first volume of Essential Avengers -- which had Stan Lee's run into Roy Thomas' run -- and all of Remender's Uncanny -- which is godlike. Both of them have Wanda and neither have her going crazy (well an argument can be made for Remender), so I'd recommend those.
Thanks everyone! Hopefully they're on Marvel Unlimited. Been needing an excuse to sign up.

shingi70

Banned
Last thoughts about SS, but it's weird how you have a contingent of people who seem to revel in the movie being bad.

So is the truth somewhere in the middle?

I'd say that's safe. I take an even keel look at stuff most times, but admit my hype level for King Batman were high going in. We've got a serviceable Batman that does nothing new yet, and feels worse in every single way than the book that came right before it. That's disappointing.

You aren't getting Vision-level King here. It's whatever. Hope he turns it around soon. If not, I'm dropping Batman for the first time in years, and putting that money towards Snyder's All Star book.

I'd say that's safe. I take an even keel look at stuff most times, but admit my hype level for King Batman were high going in. We've got a serviceable Batman that does nothing new yet, and feels worse in every single way than the book that came right before it. That's disappointing.

You aren't getting Vision-level King here. It's whatever. Hope he turns it around soon. If not, I'm dropping Batman for the first time in years, and putting that money towards Snyder's All Star book.

Alright, thanks for the input. I'm probably only looking into it because I started the new Telltale Batman game and I'm digging it.

Happy Birthday! Freeza!

Thanks! :D

it's past midnight, you never wish someone happy birthday after midnight, the same way you don't feed a Freeza after midnight.

gr1.gif

A lot of the impressions for the first four or five issues were pretty ho-hum here. Didn't seem like it was worth getting into tbh.

I was responsible for one of those ho-hum impressions. Dropped it in 3 or 4 I think? But at least one other person stuck with it and said it got a lot better.

Messi

Last thoughts about SS, but it's weird how you have a contingent of people who seem to revel in the movie being bad.

It's not a good look. But for whatever reason both marvel and DC films have people standing on the sidelines hoping for failure so they can laugh at the companies and big up the other.

Glad I always hope for the best in movies. I have no interest in Dr Strange but I sure as shit hope it's good for the people who are excited.

Oh and I am so over the Chris Evans gifs

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Seven issues in and Rumble has been a lot funnier than I was expecting. Good shit. Another book that is probably going to earn itself a CMX sub.

Messi

Marvel continuing to act like Angela's awesome post crotch belt costumes don't exist. God forbid they would acknowledge that run. Wouldn't want to be seen as progressive in any way. Please don't ask us about Angela's special lady friend.

This costume would never do... Right marvel.

Bring back the panty belt! Guys love the panty belt.

I hate that fucking costume

Messi

I like how her current costume in the comics is basically a more covered up version of this one.

Bendis would actually have to read Bennetts run in order to tell Schiti the costume changes and lol at expecting Bendis to read other people's books.

Sandfox

Bendis would actually have to read Bennetts run in order to tell Schiti the costume changes and lol at expecting Bendis to read other people's books.
This seems more like the artist wanted to design his own costume based on her Spawn one. Bendis probably didn't read the book though lol.

Messi

This seems more like the artist wanted to design his own costume based on her Spawn one. Bendis probably didn't read the book though lol.

Funny how easily marvel went back to that costume after trying to separate itself from it for most of bennetts 2 years. Watch them roll back the character progress too. Shit didn't sell. Make her the angry boob lady again.

VanWinkle

It's not a good look. But for whatever reason both marvel and DC films have people standing on the sidelines hoping for failure so they can laugh at the companies and big up the other.

Glad I always hope for the best in movies. I have no interest in Dr Strange but I sure as shit hope it's good for the people who are excited.

Oh and I am so over the Chris Evans gifs

It's quite simple: Comic book MOVIE fans are WAY more insufferable than comic book fans. They are way louder and way more opinionated. Now that I'm huge into comic books, I look at that stuff and cringe at how embarrassingly people act.

Funny how easily marvel went back to that costume after trying to separate itself from it for most of bennetts 2 years. Watch them roll back the character progress too. Shit didn't sell. Make her the angry boob lady again.

It frustrates me how Marvel stumbles upon good things and then fucks them up without fail.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
People can't get enough of it. Comic book movie fanboys are the worst.

I have to admit, it was really funny in the beginning.
And I also obiviously made my jokes in the reviewthreads, but at somepoint its not fun anymore... Like I said, its kinda sad to see that this movie bombed on a critical level and people who were big fans of the DCEU start to lose their faith.

But real talk, all these people who claim all the time that critics are bought, the people are dull and just want formulatic and "fun" movies are IMO as problematic as the people who still hit the corpse... But it can be that I am just a little bit biased since I am not that much into DC books and wanted these movie to help me dive more into material...

Sorry for my bad english here, I am super tired and pretty sure non of the above makes sense^^

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
People can't get enough of it. Comic book movie fanboys are the worst.

I will say that they are fairly well made/edited. But it hit a bit of an overload in that thread.

Historically, I'm more of a Marvel person than a DC person, but it really sucks to see them strike out again (at least critically). I feel like if DC were as successful as Marvel has been then it would bring out the best in both of them. Competition is good.

Sandfox

That will probably depend on who's writing her in the future. I like the costume you posted, but her current one doesn't come off as regression to me.

VanWinkle

I have to admit, it was really funny in the beginning.
And I also obiviously made my jokes in the reviewthreads, but at somepoint its not fun anymore... Like I said, its kinda sad to see that this movie bombed on a critical level and people who were big fans of the DCEU start to lose their faith.

But real talk, all these people who claim all the time that critics are bought, the people are dull and just want formulatic and "fun" movies are IMO as problematic as the people who still hit the corpse... But it can be that I am just a little bit biased since I am not that much into DC books and wanted these movie to help me dive more into material...

Sorry for my bad english here, I am super tired and pretty sure non of the above makes sense^^

Both sides are 100% just as terrible. People who are rejoicing in the movies failure and people who are trying to blame the movies failure on everything they can but the movie.

Top Bottom