• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Bii

Reading the leaked NBA 2K17 player ratings. I'm just going to auto-quit the moment I face someone online who picks the Warriors.

Messi

Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

Wait...which one though? Didn't they have Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and Latrell Sprewell at some point?

They're not even on the same team any more...

Harden 90
Dwight 84

I know :(. I still love Dwight.

Harden is a 90 and Dwight is an 84. The player info we have right now is messed up and will be adjusted though.

Dwight's rating is waaaaay too high tho.

Once more for old times sake. Remember when Dwight and Harden worked really hard and won the championship? Me either.

500x1000px-LL-ab4253c4_ezgif-53533195.gif

Star Wars #22

God dammit. What the fuck is this shit? What happened to the awesome Stormtrooper squad from the last issue? Now we're back to more rebel hijinks with Han, Luke and the gang attacking their 6,000th Star Destroyer? smh

I'm pretty disappointed in the Omega Men trade to be honest. I have all the issues digitally and only bought the trade because they were pimping it on social media as having a bunch of bonus content, there's a few extras but hardly worth double dipping over.

Would be really nice if everyone went to the lengths the mgnola trades do man, the sketch sections at the back of those are absolutely brilliant.

Just wait for the Noir version.

Hahahah, nice

I don't read it anymore.

Now that messi is back we wait for echo

Flow man, give Messi the quiz for Newbies, this is how we do right?

Need some help with a few things before I launch the "You should all read The Omega Men" thread now that it's out everywhere and on CMX:
  • An actual title. I'm thinking about "The Omega Men: Our generations Watchmen epic" but need more suggestions.
  • US links to places where people can buy the book. I have the EU links sorted.
  • What pages should I use to hype apart from the cover? Thinking about 3 or 4 pages max.
  • Sites you like or trust where the book won awards and one small quote from each. Have AV Club/The Onion sorted.

Sandfox

what's your favorite Tom King ongoing?
Haven't read any.
who is your favorite Tom King artist?
The Vision one
favorite Tom King writer?
Not the one on Batman.
Why do you read Tom King comics?
That CIA knowledge

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Did I tell you I can create gifs now?

Not personally. Thank you for do so.

Also that thread title would totally generate hits. They'd be all like blah blah blah what? CLICK! But then they'd see the Omega men and back out. I'm not a miracle worker.

what's your favorite Tom King ongoing?

It was Grayson. But that was mostly because Seeley.

who is your favorite Tom King artist?

Jordie Bellaire

favorite Tom King writer?

Tim Seeley for carrying King on Grayson

Why do you read Tom King comics?

Boredom

just read the first chapter of My Hero Academia

pretty charming so far, if a bit by the numbers. willing to give the whole volume a shot before i really judge it though. my interest will live or die on how charming the supporting cast ends up being.

My Hero Academia is so damn good. It's pretty quickly cemented itself as my second favorite Shonen manga (behind One Piece). Now, it's just a matter of how long it can keep it's quality up to see how it stands.

I will say this, it's a manga that pretty much increases in quality with every arc. Before the last couple of arcs, it was largely a good to great manga that executed itself very well. But the last two really pushed it into the, "holy shit, it's amazing" category. Basically the Arlong arc equivalent from One Piece happened, if you've ever read that.

On to the topic of comics, I've almost finished Volume 2 of Uncanny Avengers. I have some issues with this book so far and it doesn't feel as good as X-Force but I'll see how the next couple of volumes play out before elaborating on my thoughts. It's still a really good book but I'm hoping that Remender can be a bit more fair in his treatment to the two sides of the Avengers team moving forward.

Right now, Havok and Scarlet Witch are parading around like idiots thinking they are right in every debate by virtue of having spoken more words. The latter especially is fairly insufferable in this book, given how preachy she is with what she has actually done.

Star Wars #22

God dammit. What the fuck is this shit? What happened to the awesome Stormtrooper squad from the last issue? Now we're back to more rebel hijinks with Han, Luke and the gang attacking their 6,000th Star Destroyer? smh

They'll be back soon. No doubt the Empire will send them to try and take the Star Destroyer back.

I think I actually enjoyed #22 more than #21.

On to the topic of comics, I've almost finished Volume 2 of Uncanny Avengers. I have some issues with this book so far and it doesn't feel as good as X-Force but I'll see how the next couple of volumes play out before elaborating on my thoughts.

I quite enjoy some stuff by Remender, a little cold on some other stuff. The first volume of that avengers book is probably the worst thing I've ever read by him. Something about the mix of the writing style and the dialogue just drove me absolutely up the wall.

Just to add a little positive balance, the cover for low volume 3 is soo good

Sandfox

Right now, Havok and Scarlet Witch are parading around like idiots thinking they are right in every debate by virtue of having spoken more words. The latter especially is fairly insufferable in this book, given how preachy she is with what she has actually done.

Call him Alex.

Call him Alex.

Oh god. Thanks for reminding me.
Even though I read that issue like... a few hours ago.

Also, I don't like Acuna as an artist to begin with (same face syndrome) but can generally ignore his presence on smaller, more contained titles where there isn't a huge focus on action. But I find him extremely unsuitable for the epic sort of scale Remender is going for here as it actively detracts from the action he's trying to present.

Even characters like Genocide lack the presence they did in X-Force due to the art.

Top Bottom