• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: Rebirth #1
I'm out. I have no idea who Red Hood is for anymore. I have no idea what they are attempting to do with the character anymore. This would be a solid issue if this was my first rodeo, but considering the reality that it isn't, I just don't care. I'd be fine with this if it was just a Red Hood book, because that's all this story is. All Red Hood and no Outlaws. Just like the RHatO Future's End issue. Which begs the question: Why not give Red Hood his own series? Or is this book strictly "Red Hood and the Characters We Want to Keep and Have No Idea What the Fuck to do With Them"?

Goddamn.

Action Comics #960

So I guess this book isn't about SuperLex anymore? It's just a Kent family book? But...wait a minute....Wonder Woman?! Oh wow! Gee whiz sure glad she showed up to...establish that Clark and Diana will no longer be a relationship that is explored...cool? I guess...

This book is slowly losing its purpose, but at least the action is still solid and the whole "two Clarks" thing is still a good hook, though I'm slowly and surely losing my patience

Detective Comics #937
b0ZzW.gif

Kill or Be Killed is a dope book, guys. Brubaker and Philips deliver yet again.

Also, I bought War Mother #1 from Valiant. I don't know what happened, it looked interesting. I hope it's good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope Slott leaves, I'd like to enjoy a Spider-man comic that has Peter in it.

Having a good artist would be cool, too.

I wish they had stuck with the issue numbering that was done back in the day.

Running total

Current

I liked that. Last time they did it was before Marvel NOW!.

Sou Da

I've read of all the post SW2 Captain Marvel and figured out why it kind of works, #7 sealed it for me.

She's being written as Commander Shepard.

Sandfox

I hope Slott leaves, I'd like to enjoy a Spider-man comic that has Peter in it.

Having a good artist would be cool, too.

I have high hopes for Renew Your Vows and you just reminded me that I haven't been reading Spidey lol.

They'll reset it to #1 four more times even if he doesn't leave.
Marvel only really does that when they're making big changes on a book though there are some exceptions obviously.

Guys. GUYS. ANIMOSITY #1 HOLY shit gahhhh perfect comic. Perfect fucking book. FUCK. So good! Words...failing. 11/10 please read immediately. Marguerite Bennett = NATIONAL. TREASURE.

FCeO2Yh.png

Got my own iPad! No more sharing my wife's one. I got a brand new Air 2 128GB (Pro is too expensive).

Now a newbie's question: Is there a way to transfer contents between the 2 iPads (my wife's one is an Air 32GB). Mainly Comixology stuff and Documents app stuff, I do not want to redownload everything.

What is it? I've never heard of this one before.

It evokes Y the Last Man's first issue, but instead of all the men dying the apocalypse is all of the animals on Earth suddenly gain higher cognitive function and the ability to speak. Think of the tension of that moment when all the men start dying spread out over a whole issue. It manages to evoke those seem disturbing feelings while also being funny, making social commentary, and packing in a lot of fucking heart. I am so attached to these protagonists already, ONE fucking issue and I'm dying to see what happens next. I have no idea where she is going in the next issue and that's refreshing and exciting. Doesn't hurt the book is drop dead gorgeous. Can't recommend it enough.

Nether!

Just finished reading Moon Knight, what a great book. I'll have to re-read this first arc again when I get a chance.
Love the art — especially the guest art on the few pages for the
Knight of the Moon

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'd love to read a Spidey comic that brought it back to the basics, I wanna see Pete with MJ and Gwen.

Tried jumping into 3-4 different points of Slott's run, they were all terrible and I hated all the new characters. Also, why are there a million different goblins?

Ultimate Spider-man is exactly that but I can't read the comic when the art looks like this.
0kxALk5l.jpg

Top Bottom