• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Fury451

Banned
Now just do the same thing with Omega Men.

King's Vision is one of the best things I've read in ages. Now get over to The Omega Men and Sheriff of Babylon.

Omega Men was just recently recommended to me; I'll get on both of those. I now regret ever doubting his takeover of Batman (which is also great).

It's very well done but I didn't love it. Mainly because I've had all the big plot points spoiled for me by podcasts but also because it's a book about the Vision.

Bummer, I imagine that kind of sucks the impact out of it. I knew literally nothing about it (I judged a book by its cover because it looked different....) so that had a lot to do with the wow factor for me.

But yes, Vision isn't really a character I usually have much interest in, so it was a shock that this is one of my must-read titles

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It honestly feels like BKV makes up the stuff he write as he goes along with how crazy his cliffhangers are lol.

Yeah, I bet he just thinks to himself, "what could fuck with people the most?" and then he somehow makes that work for the rest of the story. I don't mind as long as it works and it has so far.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Has anyone else here been sleeping on Tom King's The Vision? Because if you have been like me, stop it. It's awesome.

i own all the issues but haven't read them yet.

i'm waiting til we're 1 or 2 away from the end. i believe that's issue #12, right?

Messi

RlnJZh1.png

DC shill. Damage Control /s

You know, the arts more than a little wonky but Aquaman is turning out to be a real solid story. Most of these opening Rebirth arcs are really nicely built, taking their time but actually leading somewhere.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My god that three page spread in Animosity. That's some damn good comics right there. And the text page makes it all seem terrifying.

Great stuff.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
having just copped (but not read) any of Batman and Robin vol. 1 + Superman (2016) #1 i wonder

is Tomasi writing books about Batman as a dad & Superman as a dad?

that could be an interesting study on the 2 characters

4001 War Mother was legit fantastic. Cross between Bioshock and Destiny.

I really hope they continue stories in this world.

bought this, can't wait to read it

Messi

having just copped (but not read) any of Batman and Robin vol. 1 + Superman (2016) #1 i wonder

is Tomasi writing books about Batman as a dad & Superman as a dad?

that could be an interesting study on the 2 characters

bought this, can't wait to read it

His Batman is definitely about him being a Dad and how he deals with it.

ElNarez

Banned
You know, the arts more than a little wonky but Aquaman is turning out to be a real solid story. Most of these opening Rebirth arcs are really nicely built, taking their time but actually leading somewhere.

I love that it's a superhero book where the hero tries resolving things by talking and listening before punching stuff. There's something revolutionary to that.

TheFlow

Banned
Glad to know the DC books that I do pull are consistent.

I am going to give Suicide and Harley a try, just to say I did.

I work two jobs now, one requiring me to get up at 3 am -_-. Goodnight

So what's the deal with Valiant's 4001 AD books? Is that an event or a new timeframe in the Valiant universe or what? Where is Lunchpod when these questions come up?

JTripper

I did a bad thing and went for B&N's B2G1 Marvel books and got Daredevil Reborn and Shadowland.

The third was Vision Vol 1 though, so did I redeem myself?

ElNarez

Banned
Suicide Squad Rebirth feels way too safe, especially when compared with Unfollow, a better comic from the same writer that came out this week. It feels expected, it's the Squad you know and love doing bad things to bad people in the name of America, and I do not come to Rob Williams for the expected.

Messi

Suicide Squad Rebirth feels way too safe, especially when compared with Unfollow, a better comic from the same writer that came out this week. It feels expected, it's the Squad you know and love doing bad things to bad people in the name of America, and I do not come to Rob Williams for the expected.

Then don't pick up a book that they were clearly going to play safe.

So what's the deal with Valiant's 4001 AD books? Is that an event or a new timeframe in the Valiant universe or what? Where is Lunchpod when these questions come up?

4001 AD is a four issue mini spinning out of the Rai monthly, which is set in the year 4001. There are also four one shots focusing on Valiant characters and how they change over the next two thousand years. They don't feed into the main story. So a very small and self contained event book

4001 AD is a four issue mini spinning out of the Rai monthly, which is set in the year 4001. There are also four one shots focusing on Valiant characters and how they change over the next two thousand years. They don't feed into the main story. So a very small and self contained event book

Thanks for clearing that up.

Reborn is not totally terrible. Shadowland is a comic sin but you have indeed redeemed yourself with Vision.

Yeah, but.. Shadowland?

Owzers

I think i'm dropping Doctor Strange, just finished issue #9 and i should have given up awhile ago but i stayed for Bachalo art that wasn't attached to Bendis.

Are people excited for Millar/Capullo's Reborn? That's a book.

The new Lady Killer was great. Art was gorgeous and it had a nice hook at the end. Really looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Top Bottom