• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Already down with Vision. I'll check out BP next I think. Ms. Marvel is still good? I followed the entire run before the event switch.

Spider Woman and Spider-Man are the only two I'm really big into outside of Vision. But SW gets screwed by a crossover and currently an event, but it's still good. It was just top tier before then.

Joelle Jones liked my tweet

She is too good for this world

We need a Marguerite Bennett x Joelle Jones team-up book.

I heard she's DC exclusive now? at work cant confirm right now

She's actually in the CIA. It's that Tom King fellow that's DC exclusive.

Someone on 4Chan leaked the exclusivity. Surprised since BC are usually the once to get the scoop. Rich is slippin.

Rich is probably a 4chan lurker. That's where all his scoops come from anyway.

reading echoshifts' staning for animalplanet made me buy it. sigh

I bought it too. I thought it was really good, if a little bit on the short side.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I like that DC does that Marvel doesn't?

Including variant covers in the CMX version. It's nice to see them, and it's not like it takes anything from the people that are buying the physical versions.

Actually, someone that bought Harley Quinn, did they include all of the covers?

Already down with Vision. I'll check out BP next I think. Ms. Marvel is still good? I followed the entire run before the event switch.

Ms. Marvel has not dropped in quality a bit, though the artist has changed so that may put you off. Personally I've not been bothered by it.

Also, The Uncanny Inhumans and Karnak have both been really good. But I have no idea what the fuck happened to Karnak. Basically, here's my pull list for Marvel:

The Ultimates
Black Panther
Moon Knight
The Uncanny Inhumans
All-New Inhumans
Ms. Marvel
Karnak
Squadron Supreme
Nighthawk
All-New All-Different Avengers
The Vision
Invincible Iron Man
International Iron Man
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
The Mighty Thor
The New Avengers
Extraordinary X-Men
Old Man Logan
Power Man and Iron Fist
Civil War 2*

RIP:
Illuminati

The bolded are what I think the best books are that I'd recommend no matter what. The underlined are books that I am really enjoying, but I can only recommend to those looking specifically for that kind of book. The rest I'm reading for the hell of it.

*I'm only listing the main event, as I'm also pulling all the minis for it, but I can't recommend the minis unless there's interest in CW2 as a whole.

TheFlow

Banned
Ms. Marvel has not dropped in quality a bit, though the artist has changed so that may put you off. Personally I've not been bothered by it.

Also, The Uncanny Inhumans and Karnak have both been really good. But I have no idea what the fuck happened to Karnak. Basically, here's my pull list for Marvel:

The Ultimates
Black Panther
Moon Knight
The Uncanny Inhumans
All-New Inhumans
Ms. Marvel
Karnak
Squadron Supreme
Nighthawk
All-New All-Different Avengers
The Vision
Invincible Iron Man
International Iron Man
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
The New Avengers
Extraordinary X-Men
Old Man Logan
Power Man and Iron Fist
Civil War 2*

RIP:
Illuminati

The bolded are what I think the best books are that I'd recommend no matter what. The underlined are books that I love, but can only recommend to those looking specifically for that kind of book. The rest I'm reading for the hell of it.

*I'm only listing the main event, as I'm also pulling all the minis for it, but I can't recommend the minis unless there's interest in CW2 as a whole.

This is a damn good marvel list.

So am I lol :(

This is everything I wanted from a Harley and Ivy page in bombshells.

you both are going to NY :O

I agree with Echo. While a BKV story would definitely end with a twist that upends what we thought the premise was, that doesn't mean that this story has to.
When I say it needs to add an extra dimension to the premise, I'm just saying that on a personal level. That's what it needs for me to be interested in buying a second issue.

This is a damn good marvel list.
I forgot to add Mighty Thor. Just fixed that.

Over time I've dropped:
X-Men '92
Uncanny X-Men
All-New X-Men
Spider-Gwen
Silk
Uncanny Avengers (which I'll need to pick back up)
Thunderbolts
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

That's all since the ANAD, obviously.

Over time I've dropped:
X-Men '92
Uncanny X-Men
All-New X-Men
Spider-Gwen
Silk
Thunderbolts
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah get on UA it's so fucking good right now. You gotta read this arc.

Did you stick with Uncanny and All-New through the end of Apocalypse Wars or drop midway through? I think I am just gonna see this thing through to the end with the X-books, Death of X is right around the corner and I've come this far. ;p

A devastating weapon of ruinous and lethal potential

NzfJEh1.jpg

That's the best page to buy.

I'm wondering how long Bombshells will go on. Are we headed for a Earth-2 situation with like 6-8 trades? The next multiverse guide book will probably have the Earth in it.

Feel like Bennet could do one more book (maybe with DC, mini-series or ongoing)in addition to Insexts, Animosity and Bombshells since Red Sonja is apparently losing her.

Yeah get on UA it's so fucking good right now. You gotta read this arc.

Did you stick with Uncanny and All-New through the end of Apocalypse Wars or drop midway through? I think I am just gonna see this thing through to the end with the X-books, Death of X is right around the corner and I've come this far. ;p
Damn you're right. I'll stick on it through DoX. And yes, I've been readin all through Apoc Wars.
You just don't mess with a man wielding a shillelagh. Rule of life.
tom-and-the-juggernaut-1.png

I finally got my damn tablet. Gonna start catching up on whatever ANAD stuff MU has to offer so far. Been a while since I read some newish books. Probably looking forward to Vision the most.

Messi

That's the best page to buy.

I'm wondering how long Bombshells will go on. Are we headed for a Earth-2 situation with like 6-8 trades? The next multiverse guide book will probably have the Earth in it.

As long as Margurite breathes and loves women

Well yeah. I'm hoping she gets to do the first Wonder Woman Annual since the final choice for Rebirth's WW writer was apparently down to her and Rucka.

I think Rucka has made his transformation into Evil Rucka, though. Considering the stink he made about the Frank Cho thing which wasn't a big deal at all.

Was Bennett the writer who was rumored to be deep in the development of Wonder Woman Rebirth before they kicked her off the project for Rucka? I know it was a woman but I can't remember who exactly.

Messi

Was Bennett the writer who was rumored to be deep in the development of Wonder Woman Rebirth before they kicked her off the project for Rucka? I know it was a woman but I can't remember who exactly.

I'd assume yes. It's odd she wasn't on a rebirth book as she took meetings on the week of that stuff.

Yep. It was right around the time we also found out Angela got cancelled in the back of the second to last issue(since Marvel has stopped with public "Hey, these books are cancelled" statements since it's just bad PR for them). She had to go on Patreon due to losing two major gigs so close to each other IIRC.

Edit: Right, she has a Josie & the Pussycats book on the way as well.

I'd assume yes. It's odd she wasn't on a rebirth book as she took meetings on the week of that stuff.

Well, if so, DC dun goofed, but at least we got Animosity out of it.

I actually might drop Rucka's WW. Did not dig #3 at all and not sure I'm into the swapping back and forth (need another issue to know for sure but at the moment the Year One story is much weaker). Gonna give it one or two more issues but it's not on par with what I've come to expect from his work.

Yep. It was right around the time we also found out Angela got cancelled in the back of the second to last issue(since Marvel has stopped with public "Hey, these books are cancelled" statements since it's just bad PR for them). She had to go on Patreon due to losing two major gigs so close to each other IIRC.

Aw man that really sucks. I hope her new book finds success. Sounds like it has.

Animosity #1 is the only Bennett comic I've read, and I wasn't impressed at all. I just checked it out because it was a new indie book from a creator I hear good things about. I don't know her well enough to be able to imagine what her Wonder Woman might be like.

Rucka's Wonder Woman is super slow and boring so far. I definitely made the right call dropping that and buying Perez back issues instead. That Perez run is so damn good, and so densely packed.

TheFlow

Banned

Edit: Right, she has a Josie & the Pussycats book on the way as well.
God is Good

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Over time I've dropped:
X-Men '92
Uncanny X-Men
All-New X-Men
Spider-Gwen
Silk
Thunderbolts
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I've dropped pretty much everything but Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Vision, and Deadpool. Probably will keep reading Spidey too. It's fun.

I still haven't read Deadpool/Spider, Power-Man/Iron Fist, Mockingbird, Black Panther, X-Men 92, or A-Force yet. Basically most of the stuff that interested me came out later and is just hitting MU.

I haven't tried any of the HB books yet despite all the praise here, my pull list has simply reached an unsustainable size (I'm gonna have to do some serious trimming before Shattered Now hits and it's gonna hurt) and I like having a bit of room to check out new indy books. But I might have to bite for Bennett.

VanWinkle

Haha I'm reading The Flash by Morrison and Millar, and Jay Garrick is drinking some tea from a cup that says "World's Oldest Super-hero". I love this book.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am curious how long it will take until Marvel really fucks something up with Kamala. May it be religious or sexual inappropiated.

Kinda afraid of this, because the book is so amazing and likable and I am so happy that they are successful.

Top Bottom