• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

ElNarez

Banned
the serial numbers on the dog tags themselves all up to 24. Apparently Waller was like "ah yes, 24 like the 24th letter in the alphabet, which is the letter X, which is us! Make sure all are super secret guards have this so somebody can trace this back to us on some scooby doo shit, General Lane"

Secret codes are useful if you wanna keep track of shit, but on the down-low. The biggest stretch of the imagination is Batman knowing about Task Force X when Obama didn't.

Still wondering why that All-Star Superman allusion happen if they werent gonna follow up on that. Gotham freaks out about killing 27 people(that batman had to remind him about I guess cuz psycho pirate off-panel something something), but both seemed not to show any concern about the OTHER group of soldiers and firefighters on the roof that just blew up.

Still wondering why that All-Star Superman allusion happen if they werent gonna follow up on that. Gotham
freaks out about killing 27 people(that batman had to remind him about I guess cuz psycho pirate off-panel something something), but both seemed not to show any concern about the OTHER group of soldiers and firefighters on the roof that just blew up.

No
magic dog tags
= no Batfucks given

ElNarez

Banned
Still wondering why that All-Star Superman allusion happen if they werent gonna follow up on that. Gotham freaks out about killing 27 people(that batman had to remind him about I guess cuz psycho pirate off-panel something something), but both seemed not to show any concern about the OTHER group of soldiers and firefighters on the roof that just blew up.

It's illustrating the idea that Superman can't work in the pessimistic-to-the-point-of-open-antagonism Gotham City. Gotham Human thinks he actually killed 28 people, and the fact he didn't means someone saw him unmasked.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Mario Galaxy so much that i still haven't started Mario Galaxy 2 because i don't want to be done with the series.

Is it like that?

Funniest thing I've seen today.

I like my explanation better, sorry. She's the Riddler. Head-canon, now

That bit did strain credulity. What's a good way to keep our association secret? I know, let's connect them by their serial numbers.

Hagi

Kill or Be Killed #1...damn that was cool. I don't know how much
I enjoyed the twist where he kills because he's possessed by a demon who makes him collect souls.
But I do like where the story is going. I'm ready for more and September is still so far away...

tumblr_ob0fgb91NR1tpk0vyo1_400.gif

This is the first time I've ever actually regretted clicking a spoiler. Need to pick this up pronto.

Count me in as someone who was confused about how events played out between Batman #3 and #4. I did read them at like 2am but the the twist in the latest issue left me scratching my head a little. I've found the book to be a bit dry to be honest, enjoying Detective Comics a lot more.

Count me in as someone who was confused about how events played out between Batman #3 and #4. I did read them at like 2am but the the twist in the latest issue left me scratching my head a little. I've found the book to be a bit dry to be honest, enjoying Detective Comics a lot more.

That makes sense, Tec is a much better book right now.

Aceun

How is it that Civil War II tie ins are crushing it?!?! The latest Uncanny Inhumans issue was fantastic. I don't even like Inhumans.

TheFlow

Banned

spoilers mate. Rules are wait a week before no tags on new releases

Hagi

That makes sense, Tec is a much better book right now.

It's a really fun book. I enjoy the team aspect and I love that Clayface is right up front as well. Nightwing has been pretty good so far as well but I need to read the newest issue. I do wonder about this Monster Men stuff and where they are going with it for the crossover. We've got two secret groups and one secret offshoot of a secret society and now a fourth mysterious group entering the fray that will bring all three books together.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well

okay no you know what fuck it

I'm taking the L on this one

First rule of holes: stop digging.
I'm just disinterested in it. Don't like the story it's telling.

People can have differing opinions. It's alright.

How could so many of you not like Moon Knight #5?? Well, scratch that. I guess I can understand, if you haven't been following this character forever, how it might not work. But for me?

This issue shook me. It gave me chills. I STILL have chills. This book is brilliant and insane and so very Moon Knight, THE Moon Knight, not Ellis' Gentleman Batman who, while entertaining, failed to capture many of the essentials of the character. I forgive Ellis, this is a complex character with a convoluted history and he wanted a bare bones approach so it made sense. That said, it's a fucking shame that in really sinking into the depths of the character's history, in embracing it fully and with no shame, Lemire isn't similarly hailed for this master class in bringing in something new while still paying due respect to the past. A+

Please don't ever ever bring Lemire's Moon Knight into any other books and no crossover shit or anything like that, Marvel. Please keep the mystery alive.

...I need time to process this issue. I think I'm going to read the whole arc again right now.

Hagi

I'll pick up Lemires run when the first trade hits because that worked out well for me with the Ellis run. You make it sound really interesting echo.

Hagi

What happened to Peter Davids Supergirl TP. It is no longer listed on Amazon as coming out.

They have volume 2 up for preorder but it has the synopsis for what I assume is volume 1. I think there is some fuckery because 2 isn't supposed to be out till next year while it's listed as 22nd of December.

oh it's good. Black Panther and vision good

Waiting for the latter to finish but Black Panther was alright for the one issue I've read so far.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I know I'm the only dummy talking about random old Superman comics but I'm kinda in a mood.

Was American Alien any good? Really enjoying the first Pak Action Comics trade.

East by West 27-28

Hickman is good at what he does. The puzzle pieces are coming together.

Can't wait to read this book & The Manhattan Projects when they're done.

TheFlow

Banned
They have volume 2 up for preorder but it has the synopsis for what I assume is volume 1. I think there is some fuckery because 2 isn't supposed to be out till next year while it's listed as 22nd of December.

Waiting for the latter to finish but Black Panther was alright for the one issue I've read so far.

its not for everyone, but the buildup at #3 is the highlight of the whole arc.

Aceun

its not for everyone, but the buildup at #3 is the highlight of the whole arc.

I agree. Issue #4 raises the stakes even further.

The whole series has me excited for World of Wakanda. For a land shrouded in mystery and victim to numerous invasions, getting to know the inner workings has been awesome.

TheFlow

Banned
I agree. Issue #4 raises the stakes even further.

The whole series has me excited for World of Wakanda. For a land shrouded in mystery and victim to numerous invasions, getting to know the inner workings has been awesome.

exactly, I am grateful to Coates run because it is giving me a lot insight into the workings of Wakanda

Barry is the fourth.
You're right. He is worse than Walter West

I'm starting to think that Barry just sucks compared to Wally and that's why Flash has been meh since he came back outside of Flashpoint.
To parrot a previous post in another thread on GAF: Barry works when he is the personification of the Silver Age stoicism that was prevalent in pretty much every single hero back then. That wholesome, pure stoicism. When he's the only one in a room that's like that (like the show Young Justice), he works magnificently. When you stick him with a bunch of other characters with that, like say Superman, he loses that. He has to be the comic relief, but he's the most vanilla "well we need a comic relief character and it might as well be the fast dude" that I've ever seen. He's a cardboard cutout. So the only other option is what they're doing with the show and the movies: making him as close to Wally West without him actually totally being Wally as possible.
That's seriously going to go down as one of the worst comics I have ever read
DD/Punisher was garbage. Stopped after issue one. Had no urge to even touch the main book after that.
Even the art was shit

They try to do this Samnee thing with Echo's powers and it just. fucking. sucks.
Echo's back? To be fair though, last time I saw her she was a corpse next to Moon Knight.
Uncanny Inhumans isn't bad.
I think Soule's work with the Inhumans has been really great, actually. He's Red Lanterns run was awesome, too. Maybe he doesn't know how to deal with something small scale and street level like DD.

Owzers

Friendly notice, cmx has a marvel collections sale that has the secret invasion black panther trade and Astonishing Spider-Man/wolverine by Aaron for cheaps.

can I say it?

F U C K B A R R Y A L L E N

Nigga makes Hal Jordan look like Plastic Man, with his old McDonalds coffee 1 cream 1 sugar lookin ass

Sandfox

I remember the days of our forefathers when Comixology used to have small sales pop up.

You're right. He is worse than Walter West

To parrot a previous post in another thread on GAF: Barry works when he is the personification of the Silver Age stoicism that was prevalent in pretty much every single hero back then. That wholesome, pure stoicism. When he's the only one in a room that's like that (like the show Young Justice), he works magnificently. When you stick him with a bunch of other characters with that, like say Superman, he loses that. He has to be the comic relief, but he's not the most vanilla "well we need a comic relief character and it might as well be the fast dude" that I've ever seen. He's a cardboard cutout. So the only other option is what they're doing with the show and the movies: making him as close to Wally West without him actually totally being Wally as possible.

DD/Punisher was garbage. Stopped after issue one. Had no urge to even touch the main book after that.

Echo's back? To be fair though, last time I saw her she was a corpse next to Moon Knight.

I think Soule's work with the Inhumans has been really great, actually. He's Red Lanterns run was awesome, too. Maybe he doesn't know how to deal with something small scale and street level like DD.

I was referring to Bart so lol Barry I guess.

Hagi

can I say it?

F U C K B A R R Y A L L E N

Nigga makes Hal Jordan look like Plastic Man, with his old McDonalds coffee 1 cream 1 sugar lookin ass

I always thought this was one of those comic constants that everybody accepts as truth like the only push Cyborg should get is off a steep cliff.

Episode 5.10, The Farnsworth Parabox, is my favorite Futurama episode and comics is the reason. Parallel reality stories, mmmm yes. Mmmm mmm mmm.

Her death is referenced in the recap page and it is implied therein that
there might be a connection between her resurrection and however Daredevil got his secret identity back and moved back to Manhattan.
Of course this little factoid has no actual bearing on the "story," it's just there.

VanWinkle

And both of them, as well as the rest of the Flash family got screwed over to in order to push Barry lol.

Not Barry's fault though, but yes that is definitely unfortunate. I just want a book with Barry, Wally, and Jay and their wives and stuff. Just having a blast together.

Top Bottom