• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

She was terrible in pretty much everything I've seen her in.
A lot of people I've encountered that say that have trouble making a distinction between bad acting and effectively playing characters they don't like.

Not saying that about you, because I'm not familiar with what you've seen or what your specific criticisms are.

A lot of people I've encountered that say that have trouble making a distinction between bad acting and effectively playing characters they don't like.

Not saying that about you, because I'm not familiar with what you've seen or what your specific criticisms are.

She seems to have the same issues as Keanu Reeves in some respects, as when she tries to show emotion, it's rather wooden. At least in regards to everything I've seen her in. She just isn't convincing.

Fired up my new Air 2 and made Batman #4 my celebratory first read. This is the book you guys hyped about hitting the payoff? It's a giant fucking mess of some very convenient circumstances all magically manifesting together. King is rocking that Batman superpower of finding anyone immediately straight into the deus ex machina realm.

Lazy writing. Still waiting for King to do something, anything, different with the character. I've read a better version of this story many times before.

Books look sublime on this screen, so that makes me happy.

Ross61

With the little roles that Gal has had so far and what she's been constructed to do I'd say she's done fine. What I like what I've seen of Wonder Woman trailers so I have hope.

Sandfox

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to keep reading Gotham Academy. The book is cheap, but the way the last run ended turned me off on it among some other things.

Messi

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to keep reading Gotham Academy. The book is cheap, but the way the last run ended turned me off on it among some other things.

More of the same going forward I'd assume. Except without the amazing Karl Kerschl

Owzers

FYI, I didn't accept your Overwatch invite because I'm still playing through the placement games for competitive mode. Those fucking things go on way too long.

I was relegated to randoms when all i wanted was 20% extra exp but it was not working out. Blizzard is going to judge you harshly. I haven't been playing competitive much lately.

Phamit

Is there a good solo Jason Todd Red Hood book? I read the the Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth one shot and I'm kinda interested in reading more, but I'm not interested in a team Book

So it's an Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti Harley book. Surprise!

Honestly, I never have touched any of their work.

This art on Superman #4 is absolutely wack. There are panels when Lois looks younger than her son. And they both have pig noses. And Supes looks physically ill in most panels.

Is there a good solo Jason Todd Red Hood book? I read the the Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth one shot and I'm kinda interested in reading more, but I'm not interested in a team Book

Nope. Closest is that Rebirth and the New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws Future's End.

Unless I'm unawares, he pretty much only appears in ensemble books as a major character or solo book supporting character.

I was relegated to randoms when all i wanted was 20% extra exp but it was not working out. Blizzard is going to judge you harshly. I haven't been playing competitive much lately.

If you're on tomorrow night, I'll probably be on at some point. I'm probably not going to play much competitive anyway, just wanted to get the placement done.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I didn't hate Suicide Squad all that much. It's leaps and bounds better than BVS. It's still not great, but we're trending upwards.

It's just crazy to me that
the DCEU is a place where El Diablo, a character I'd never even heard of before this movie, is more heroic and interesting than Supeman.

I know I said I wasn't going to see it in the theater with these reviews, but my wife and daughter are out of town all next week and I have nothing going on, so I'll probably fall face first into a showing soon enough. Maybe I'll see Lights Out first, that looked pretty decent.

Pretty sure we just talked about this but god damn what a shitty summer it has been for movies. Thank fuck Nine Lives comes out while the kid is out of state so she can drag her poor grandparents instead of me. That movie looks like a 90-minute nightmare. Christopher Walken can do whatever he wants, but Kevin Spacey what the fuck man are you kidding me

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I know I said I wasn't going to see it in the theater with these reviews, but my wife and daughter are out of town all next week and I have nothing going on, so I'll probably fall face first into a showing soon enough. Maybe I'll see Lights Out first, that looked pretty decent.

Pretty sure we just talked about this but god damn what a shitty summer it has been for movies. Thank fuck Nine Lives comes out while the kid is out of state so she can drag her poor grandparents instead of me. That movie looks like a 90-minute nightmare. Christopher Walken can do whatever he wants, but Kevin Spacey what the fuck man are you kidding me

I feel like every generation gets that movie, and no one ever actually wants it.

Next week is so stacked. DC going all in with All-Star Batman, Deathstroke a Christopher Priest joint, Tec, New Super-Man #2. Image bringing heat with Birthright, Black Monday Murders and The Fix. Marvel's got Black Panther, Darth Vader, Old Man Logan and Vision. Insane week!

Not much from other publishers catching my eye, though. Did Hillbilly get pushed back MORE than one week?? It's early but I don't see it listed :(

Not much from other publishers catching my eye, though. Did Hillbilly get pushed back MORE than one week?? It's early but I don't see it listed :(

Looking at Powell's twitter, I guess it came out this week, but some places aren't getting it until next week?

I guess the official answer is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

why.png

lmao who allowed this to happen?

Man, the writing in Giant Days has been so sharp lately. It was always good but the last two issues have been a near perfect mix of charming, clever & laugh out loud funny.

It helps that Max Sarin's gesture and expression are top tier as well. GD really became one of my favorite series' out of nowhere.

Dr. Strange #10

I don't think time will be kind to this arc, which is kind of a shame because the first half was so good, especially that stellar and unforgettable first issue (which was only tangentially connected anyway). But the returns have been diminishing for awhile now, and when the final issue is the low point of your 10-issue story, something went wrong somewhere.

The Infinity Revelation...

Bomb's dropping. Nothing like going from the previous "cosmic adventure" to "cosmic chess match"

Shit's heated. Annihilus is up there. Whodathunkit?

Dusknoir

Literally half the people I follow on youtube and twitter neither liked (not loved) or hated the Suicide Squad. Freaking Angry Joe liked it and Greg from Kinda Funny was so angry about it (two fans of DC comics) . I'm just going to wait until it's digital.

Literally half the people I follow on youtube and twitter neither liked (not loved) or hated the Suicide Squad. Freaking Angry Joe liked it and Greg from Kinda Funny was so angry about it (two fans of DC comics) . I'm just going to wait until it's digital.

Ha, I need to watch Greg's review. Angry Greg is best Greg.

IYCRb7s.png

Oh god. Even worse than I thought.

Phamit

Nope. Closest is that Rebirth and the New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws Future's End.

Unless I'm unawares, he pretty much only appears in ensemble books as a major character or solo book supporting character.

That's somehow surprising. I expected DC would do a lot more with the character.

I already own all the issues but I wonder if the DnA Nova sale is due to the book we don't know anything about aside from both Sam and Rich being in it or due to the gotg vol 2 movie.

New Snyder teaser. This time concept art for #4 with the caption "Wheel of Villains. Play your coin...":

Love it,,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple more #1's that look interesting,,
Michael Gaydos is doing art on Jessica Jones #1, I dont really know anything about Jessica Jones, but i really liked Gaydos's art on The Black Hood.

Now Mosaic #1 sounds like a cool idea.
"Professional basketball player and world renowned celebrity, Morris Sackett, gains extraordinary abilities, at the grave cost of his own mortal body. Imbued with the ability to jump from person to person like a ghost, he controls the bodies and memories of those he inhabits. With his own body destroyed, the one-time superstar athlete must rely on others to survive. "

Top Bottom