• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Invincible Iron Man #12 was fine, I don't have anything especially bad to say about it other than it was kinda boring at the top of the book. RiRi is a joy and it's nice they're taking their time to really establish her character before she takes up the mantle. That's all I have to say about that book.

Kill or Be Killed #1. So the premise here is
Death Wish with a supernatural twist
and I have no fondness for
Death Wish
or
Brubaker writing supernatural twists
. This book probably isn't for me but I'll give it one more issue. I didn't find the setup particularly interesting and I can see myself resenting this whole project as the Velvet delays begin to pile up. Nothing you can really hang your hat on here, it's all pretty boilerplate, bland characterization, especially
the demon who isn't even a little intimidating, frightening or compelling.

Owzers

the biggest problem with Rachel Rising is that you eventually finish the issues you have and go back to MU reading. :/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
RT3DNJr.jpg

I'd kill for this figure

I wouldn't go to the gym for it, but I'd definitely kill for it

When you wrap that up go buy the Echo omnibus. Everyone talks about SiP and Rachel Rising (both great) but everyone ignores this great series in the middle.

I'll probably grab it. I need more Terry Moore comics. This is what we're talking about, yes? Was there ever a hardcover version?

I'd kill for this figure

I wouldn't go to the gym for it, but I'd definitely kill for it

Never underestimate the health benefits of the boomerang.

Sadist

Wow, you watched it? So how much of that time would you say you've wasted?
Mostly the first 36 minutes. I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to add that stuff.

Still like Hamil and Conroy's performances though. It's defintely not the best adaptation.

Megatron

Barnes and nobel has a coupon code online for 16% off any purchase over $50. And it stacks with the b2g1 on marvel graphic novels.

Hagi

Trump is Lex Luthor so maybe he's sabotaging all hero movies in case he becomes GOD TRUMP.

Trump isn't even Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor, we're just living in a real life episode of Dukes of Hazard and Boss Hogg has decided to run for president

Hagi

I started watching Gotham season 2 but I think I'd be better just reading Gotham Central instead. This not Joker kid is just too much.

Reading Marvel Tsum Tsum #1 directly after Low #15 is like jumping from a hot tub into a cold swimming pool.

I dunno, I picked this up because I thought my daughter might like it but it sounds like she didn't care for it and neither did I. I don't think there's much of value here, which I guess shouldn't surprise me since it's a toy commercial.

edit: It's insane, by the way, that DC's AAA titles are almost all $3 and Marvel Tsum Tsum #1 is $4. Don't ever pay more than $1 for this book, even if you're curious.

Reading Marvel Tsum Tsum #1 directly after Low #15 is like jumping from a hot tub into a cold swimming pool.

I dunno, I picked this up because I thought my daughter might like it but it sounds like she didn't care for it and neither did I. I don't think there's much of value here, which I guess shouldn't surprise me since it's a toy commercial.

edit: It's insane, by the way, that DC's AAA titles are almost all $3 and Marvel Tsum Tsum #1 is $4. Don't ever pay more than $1 for this book, even if you're curious.
What if I'm drunk as fuck?

I'm drunk as fuck.

Zombine

Banned
hmm even with the ten minutes or so Leto only has as the Joker I enjoyed his take a lot more than this Tiny Toon Adventures knock off Joker. Each to their own and all that though.

I actually have no idea who this character is lol

Messi

Is Catwoman getting a new book anytime soon? that would be cool

damn you played me like a fiddle

No and it's for the best. She needs a rest after the shit show that was 90% of the new 52s run. She needs to go back to being a side character for a bit until they can get someone of quality to write her. Maybe Margurite Bennett.

God I love shutter so much and will miss it so :(

Top Bottom