• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

PsychBat!

Banned
egkkkNk.gif

Hagi

No and it's for the best. She needs a rest after the shit show that was 90% of the new 52s run. She needs to go back to being a side character for a bit until they can get someone of quality to write her. Maybe Margurite Bennett.

God I love shutter so much and will miss it so :(

That's fair I only really like the mob boss stuff, the rest was pretty shit. Hopefully she pops up in All-Star.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cleaned up my CMX subs a little bit. Cancelled Mirror and The Tithe. So that basically puts me back where I was before I added Plutona and Rumble.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Plutona was a mini series no? It's over

Oh yeah I remember someone else telling me that now.

Well then that was a shitty way to end a min-series. Hate of the format reaffirmed.

Ok so Plutona out Animosity in. My only non-Image sub. But only cuz it won't let me sub to Hex11.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Release details on AD: After Death.

Due to its increased scope and size, Scott and I have decided to expand AD:AFTER into three 72-page PRESTIGE FORMAT VOLUMES that will be published monthly!

BOOK 1 WILL BE PUBLISHED THIS NOVEMBER!

AD: AFTER DEATH: BOOK 1 (of 3)

STORY: SCOTT SNYDER
ART/COVER: JEFF LEMIRE

NOVEMBER 23/ 72 PAGES / FC / T / $4.99

What if we found a cure for death? Two of comics most acclaimed creators, SCOTT SNYDER (WYTCHES, Batman, American Vampire) and JEFF LEMIRE (DESCENDER, Moon Knight, Sweet Tooth) unite to create a three part epic like no other, set in a future where a genetic cure for death has been found. Years after the discovery, one man starts to question everything, leading him on a mind-bending journey that will bring him face-to-face with his past and his own mortality. A unique combination of comics, prose, and illustration, A.D.: AFTER DEATH will be serialized monthly as three, oversized prestige format books written by Snyder and fully pained by Lemire.

Dusknoir

Just got done reading the first vol of Grayson. Pretty good book. Now I want to read rest of the series.

This Future's End tie-in at the end of the book was actually god damn good. I was expecting trash. I had to read it twice back and forward to get meaning. The use Cluemaster's code was great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hasn't this "What if people stopped dying?" shit already been done to death?
Maybe. Then again, "what if a guy put on a costume and beat up bad guys" has been a little played out, too. Doesn't stop someone from doing it well or adding a new spin.

Maybe. Then again, "what if a guy put on a costume and beat up bad guys" has been a little played out, too. Doesn't stop someone from doing it well or adding a new spin.

You know, now that you mention it, I don't think that one has ever really been done well.

:D

With all the good Busiek Avengers talk I've decided to work in a reread. Man this is fun classic avengers fun.

I think it's safe to say this is the last great "classic" avengers run. The tone is generally upbeat (though it get serious and dark in arcs) with the dialogue working that warm cheesiness. Of course having Perez give it that classic feel. Plus it has all the staples of what you think of as classic avengers. Similar to Morrisons JLA around the same time it was getting back to basics

+Avengers Mansion
+Jarvis (that's a human!)
+Iron man's identity is a secret so he's always walking around in armor in that mansion
+Thor is speaking in his classic Thees,Thous speak
+Classic roster.

Man this is great stuff

With all the good Busiek Avengers talk I've decided to work in a reread. Man this is fun classic avengers fun.

I think it's safe to say this is the last great "classic" avengers run. The tone is generally upbeat (though it get serious and dark in arcs) with the dialogue working that warm cheesiness. Of course having Perez give it that classic feel. Plus it has all the staples of what you think of as classic avengers. Similar to Morrisons JLA around the same time it was getting back to basics

+Avengers Mansion
+Iron man's identity is a secret so he's always walking around in armor in that mansion
+Classic roster.

Man this is great stuff

I appreciate Perez art even more now. His storytelling chops for guiding the reader through a dozen different characters and their powers has always been the sharpest, but his linework is more polished then ever, and the run comes just around the time where the coloring was in-between the garish classic and modern gradiants that works really well for his old school approach.

Sandfox

+Avengers Mansion
+Classic roster.

Man this is great stuff
I don't think human Jarvis ever went away.

Top Bottom