• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

I appreciate Perez art even more now. His storytelling chops for guiding the reader through a dozen different characters and their powers has always been the sharpest, but his linework is more polished then ever, and the run comes just around the time where the coloring was in-between the garish classic and modern gradiants that works really well for his old school approach.
I agree. Perez is like Jack Kirby for me. The more time goes by the more I really love their work. When I started reading comics in the early 90s I knew they were some of the all time great artists but I didn't "get it". Not that I thought their work was bad back then but not like I think of them now.

It's kind of sad to know we'll never really get an avenger book in this style and look again. But then I'm glad we've got this so there's that.

Messi

I agree. Perez is like Jack Kirby for me. The more time goes by the more I really love their work. When I started reading comics in the early 90s I knew they were some of the all time great artists but I didn't "get it". Not that I thought their work was bad back then but not like I think of them now.

It's kind of sad to know we'll never really get an avenger book in this style and look again. But then I'm glad we've got this so there's that.

Isn't there a new classic avengers book coming?

Messi

Hey Messi. How has New Romancer been? I only read the first couple issues.

Also, any thoughts of Sheriff of Babylon?

Surprised it's still going.

Stopped at #3 cuz it was so nonsensical.

Went from 1/12 - 1/6 issues. It's over now. Collected soon, lovely art meh story.

Sheriff of Babylon I haven't went back to because it made me feel ill in the first issue but that was its intent. I just don't want to read that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just walked around a Barnes and Noble for a bit, damn trade paperbacks are tiny. Long live iPad Pros, bros.

Also they left the mistake in The Vision volume 1 where they call the neighbor Nora in issue 1 and Martha in Issue 6. I know they know about it, because they call her Nora in 9 and mention it in the letters page of 9. Weird they didn't change it.

It's that time, bros. Time for list of comics I won't be reading because I'll be playing No Man's Sky and probably being disappointed by it

Deathstroke Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #938
Flintstones #2
New Superman #2
Superwoman #1
Wonder Woman #4
Black Monday Murders #1
Elephantmen #72
Black Panther #5
Empress #5
Vision #10

Hmm, haven't placed an IST order in more than two months. Might place one this week if BP v4 is 50% off.

Tales Of The Batman Alan Brennert HC
Perla La Loca
Black Panther Complete Collection Book 4
Barakamon GN Vol 11

Zika Olympics Special Edition List #1

All Star Batman #1 - Rebirth, But Still $5 Commemorative Issue
Black Monday Murders #1
Deathstroke Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #938
Hal Jordan and the Likely Dropped Book #2
Superwoman #1
Wonder Woman #4

Owzers

Overwatch loot boxes so far:

Zarya
Zarya
Zarya

well who wants Tracer or Lucio anyways.

I got this Zarya summer skins drawing down though.

List of WHAT A HYPE WEEK

Weavers 4

House of Penance 5

Action Comics 961
All-Star Batman 1
Deathstroke Rebirth
Detective Comics 938
New Super-Man 2
Superwoman 1
Wonder Woman 4

Birthright 18
Black Monday Murders 1
The Fix 4

The Accused 1
A-Force 8
All-New All-Different Avengers 13
All-New All-Different Avengers Annual 1
All-New X-Men 12
Amazing Spider-Man 16
Black Panther 5
Daredevil 10
Darth Vader 24
Old Man Logan 10
Spider-Man 2099 13
Spider-Man Deadpool 8
The Vision 10

VanWinkle

I have successfully dropped all of the Rebirth stuff. I am just not a single issue guy. But it DID let me know that I will be picking up the trades for at least Batman, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Superman, Nightwing, and New Super-Man.

I'm going to try All-Star Batman, though. MAN I wish I could get the physical copies though. :( I know it will be sold out by the time I try to go anywhere on Wednesday. Been that way with all of the Rebirth stuff.

Messi

I have successfully dropped all of the Rebirth stuff. I am just not a single issue guy. But it DID let me know that I will be picking up the trades for at least Batman, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Superman, Nightwing, and New Super-Man.

I'm going to try All-Star Batman, though. MAN I wish I could get the physical copies though. :( I know it will be sold out by the time I try to go anywhere on Wednesday. Been that way with all of the Rebirth stuff.

Then you have shitty stores that don't know how to order.

If a store is sold out of All Star on Wednesday...they fucked up.

Sandfox

It's weird how often a Batman book comes out, though it obviously isn't a new thing lol.

Animosity had it's moments, but came off as meh to me when I read it. Earlier posts in this thread make some arguments that I agree with about the book.

VanWinkle

Then you have shitty stores that don't know how to order.

If a store is sold out of All Star on Wednesday...they fucked up.

Maybe they will have it. I'll probably try at least. I know the last few times I've went on Wednesday they were out of pretty much everything Rebirth.

Maybe they will have it. I'll probably try at least. I know the last few times I've went on Wednesday they were out of pretty much everything Rebirth.

Doesn't DC buy back whatever product doesn't sell? Sounds like your store is passing on making money, especially if they're clearing inventory in one day.

I went to Lowe's today to buy a higher end grill they have advertised all over their website. They have none in. I asked the sales associate if they're just selling out or something, and he looks it up on their system. They haven't had one in stock for weeks. Their loss is Amazon's game. That's your comic shop.

PsychBat!

Banned
No joke, I'm stuck in a van with a redneck family and two guys are constantly yelling my ear while talking with one of the guy's hot wife. It's chaos.

VanWinkle

Doesn't DC buy back whatever product doesn't sell? Sounds like your store is passing on making money, especially if they're clearing inventory in one day.

I went to Lowe's today to buy a higher end grill they have advertised all over their website. They have none in. I asked the sales associate if they're just selling out or something, and he looks it up on their system. They haven't had one in stock for weeks. Their loss is Amazon's game. That's your comic shop.

Haha. I just sent a message to them on Facebook asking if they anticipate selling out of it on Wednesday.

No joke, I'm stuck in a van with a redneck family and two guys are constantly yelling my ear while talking with one of the guy's hot wife. It's chaos.

lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just read Drifter Vol 2 today. I feel like some weird visual storytelling at times and the stylized dialogue makes the book seem a lot more confusing than it really is. Although even with that, there's some odd mixed messaging about the nature of the Wheelers that make things hard to pin down.

Clancy Brown Lex > Kevin Spacey Lex > Gene Hackman Lex >>>Donald Trump Lex>>>>>Jesse Eisenberg Lex

Kevin Spacey was GOAT Lex.
Clancy Brown first, but Spacey is a good follow up
Digging it
Waid and Kubert doing Kooky Quartet I think.
And it will be the greatest thing Mahvel has ever done
List of WHAT A HYPE WEEK
All-New X-Men 12
Daredevil 10
Well now you must be drunk

You should get a pull box

952.gif

Harley Quinn 1 was pretty bad for me. Probably should've waited until SS reviews dropped before riding the hype train and buying the comic.

Moon Knight #5
Dope ass issue, but I have a question that ties into Extraordinary X-Men since both are written by Lemire;
I'm curious as to if the Horseman Moon Knight is actually Khonshu, and that version of Marc gave his body up permanently? I'm sure nothing will come of it, but then again Lemire did tie Old Man Logan in a little bit with Extraordinary as well.

Uncanny X-Men #11
78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

Sold out? Can't you just subscribe? You get a discount that way too.

Zombine

Banned
Freeza, Sherrif of Babylon is one of the best books I've ever read. Waiting for the next issue is killing me because I read issues 1-9 in like 2 hours yesterday.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Moon Knight #5
Dope ass issue, but I have a question that ties into Extraordinary X-Men since both are written by Lemire;
I'm curious as to if the Horseman Moon Knight is actually Khonshu, and that version of Marc gave his body up permanently? I'm sure nothing will come of it, but then again Lemire did tie Old Man Logan in a little bit with Extraordinary as well.

God, I hope so. That'd be dope.

Top Bottom