• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Bii

Summer birthday people, you don't know what it's like to have a winter birthday. Enjoy your time in the sun Tetrax.

Apparently #3 was my last pre-ordered issue of Batman, so #4 won't get a chance to turn things around. I blame the announced crossover and Batman Rebirth #1.

I'm going to still stick with King's Batman for a little while longer. Haven't read #4 yet but it's very ho-hum after having read #3.

I will pick up All-Star Batman this week and see how Snyder will fare without Capullo's art.

ilike_zpsuyzmp2dy.gif

BC numbers = V. G. Chartz
Diamond NUmbers = NPD

Someone needs to ban BC.

If this were a comics forum version of neogaf, BC would have been banned a long time ago. At least for those execrable "sales numbers" articles, which are filled with poor data and only designed to incite arguments between DC Warriors and Marvelstans.

I've been on GAF for about ten years now. I can't seem to recall a game that gets people more insane than NMS. It's a pretty simple and cool concept of a game and it's everyone freaks out on it on both sides.

11 page review thread...one review...and nobody talking about the review. Instread it's about the ethics of day one patches.

This is going to be a crazy week. Look forward to the game. Hope it's fun, not thinking it's going to be shallow trash or the second coming. Hoping for a 8/10 ride. And it's also a game that I think needs time to breath after a release to really get a sense of of it. Not that the Internet will allow that

Bendickman's Secret Warriors

Well, that was kinda shite. A simples story that goes on for far longer than it needs to, wasting time on several characters that end up amounting to very little / nothing at all.

Kinda regret the time wasted reading it, tbqh.

The baron's final words were cool, tho.

VanWinkle

I loved Suicide Squad. Honestly didn't think I would like it. The reviews and impressions brought my expectations to miniscule amounts.

I've been on GAF for about ten years now. I can't seem to recall a game that gets people more insane than NMS. It's a pretty simple and cool concept of a game and it's everyone freaks out on it on both sides.

11 page review thread...one review...and nobody talking about the review. Instread it's about the ethics of day one patches.

This is going to be a crazy week. Look forward to the game. Hope it's fun, not thinking it's going to be shallow trash or the second coming. Hoping for a 8/10 ride. And it's also a game that I think needs time to breath after a release to really get a sense of of it. Not that the Internet will allow that

Its a perfect storm, really. Its either a game you passionately believe in or you're on the outside claiming the emperor has no clothes. Its a long in development PS4 exclusive that always garner big conversation. The confusion and anxiety around its reviews(or lack there of) just continues to bolster both sides. The believers in the critical opinion should reflect what consumers are actually getting day one vs the non-believers having another nail in the casket of the game's death.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I hope NMS is good, but every fiber of my body says it'll be a flop

Owzers

Its a perfect storm, really. Its either a game you passionately believe in or you're on the outside claiming the emperor has no clothes. Its a long in development PS4 exclusive that always garner big conversation. The confusion and anxiety around its reviews(or lack there of) just continues to bolster both sides. The believers in the critical opinion should reflect what consumers are actually getting day one vs the non-believers having another nail in the casket of the game's death.

It has all the hype depth of Trump's campaign. It's going to be huge, I've shown you how huge the world is, and it's going to have these other mechanics in there too, believe me! I bet the animals won't even sniff you no matter how many planets you go to.

The real stinker is The Last Guardian. That game has looked like a directionless pile of shit from day one.
I think I'll love it but I also expect it'll get mixed reactions. A lot of people with little to knolwdge of Team ICO will wonder what the fuss is about. And I don't think it'll reach the fan appeal of SoTC. But for me just that statue alone makes it worth it for me!

Owzers

3 zens all keep spamming hello when they die at the first point they go sit at the second point taunting. Why bother playing.

i had one winston on my team who jumped to the enemy then just said hello to them and let them kill him every single time, that was bad enough :/

If anyone wants a fun time, check Busiek's twitter feed. He's arguing with Khouri, Seeley, comic shop owners and others about characters that he thinks shouldn't be brought back or have no place in modern comics like Adam Strange(who actually has a mini-series with Hawkman on the way) and Jimmy Olsen.

TheFlow

Banned
Happy birthday tetrax

And glad to see so many of you guys picking up black panther <3.

I am stuck at a cross roads between other stuff or no mans sky

Messi

That neck thing he is doing that he thinks is menacing isn't menacing. It just looks like his collar is too tight and he is trying to loosen it.

I'm sorry Freeza but I won't put up with that bullshit those guys were pulling

I wasn't in the neighborhood when whatever it is went down. What did they do?

3 zens all keep spamming hello when they die at the first point on abubis (because they all go up to the enemy door because of course they do) they go sit at the second point taunting. Why bother playing.

oh, that explains why the game was over so quickly.

Overwatch talk? Hero stacking?

Could beeeeeee.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn suicide squad made bank as the highest opening weekend for August. The quality of the movie is going to cause a drop off though

If anyone wants a fun time, check Busiek's twitter feed. He's arguing with Khouri, Seeley, comic shop owners and others about characters that he thinks shouldn't be brought back or have no place in modern comics like Adam Strange(who actually has a mini-series with Hawkman on the way) and Jimmy Olsen.
Rick Jones should be on that list. Especially with Jimmy Olsen

Top Bottom