• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Zombine

Banned
Looking forward to Narez telling us we are wrong and that there's some kind of nuance that we are missing.

Spoiler alert:

There isn't. It's just a really disappointing and inherently average film.

Messi

I don't know what you expect from this dude lol. The site is built around click bait and posting weird thing to rile up the fanboys.

I expect less than nothing from him. He actively harms the industry.

The bleach bit is a nice visual but it is indicative of the rest of the movie. Style over substance. You already have the right origin and then you tag on the awful new 52 one.

If anyone wants a fun time, check Busiek's twitter feed. He's arguing with Khouri, Seeley, comic shop owners and others about characters that he thinks shouldn't be brought back or have no place in modern comics like Adam Strange(who actually has a mini-series with Hawkman on the way) and Jimmy Olsen.

Kurt Busiek ‏@KurtBusiek 2h2 hours ago
Basically, to do Adam Strange successfully, you’d have to make up something new that vaguely resembled Adam Strange.
Kurt Busiek ‏@KurtBusiek 2h2 hours ago
And if you did that, you might as well not tie it down to old dead property-anchors. Make it something else.

no lies detected whatsoever.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The worst kind of posters are those who are the one who annoy you with every single post but in the end arent bad enough to deserve a click on the ignore list.

And no, not talking about any regular poster in this thead.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So cool

9weMXus.jpg

Foofaraw

It kills me every time Leto tries to mean mug the camera.

Die Antwoord Joker, as portrayed by Jordan "I can't read" Canalano, is growing on me. Not enough to want to see the movie. Certainly enough to see him offed by the real Joker of the DCU for aping his style. That's got to be the reason Batman Rebirth mentioned [spoilers]that there are 3 Jokers? I mean, they've done nothing else with it. They might as well take that to make a Joker that is menacing in some non-corner level gangbanger way.[/spoiler]

Folks who have seen Suicide Squad, thanks for saving my dollars for me. I'll just pick it up for free at a library in a couple of years.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
it was pretty good but too weird for me to go back to it.
I am currently on a Cronenberg trip and want to see some Bodyhorror movies. Problem is most of them look far to overblown with CGI and the older are not very good avaiable on Blu-Ray Disc.
But this one seems very well made.
Tetsuno - The Iron Man look fun, tho.

Curious if there are any good Comics (preferably Minis), that go into that genre.

Almost :D

Is rich really taking the top 10 from 5 comic stores. What a clown lol

I think he's always done it. It's an...odd choice. I don't know why he doesn't just use a sales chart, then get some reports from his stores. Like have the top ten, and then go "we spoke to a couple of retailers, and here's what they had to say about..."

what is it about Adam Strange that makes him Adam Strange, and therefore doesn't work in modern comics?

Good question. I don't know much about the character, but I loved Andy Diggle's Planet Heist, which wasn't that long ago.

I think he's always done it. It's an...odd choice. I don't know why he doesn't just use a sales chart, then get some reports from his stores. Like have the top ten, and then go "we spoke to a couple of retailers, and here's what they had to say about..."

Take a guess.

Vyer

the fact that he's not drawn by Paul Pope all the time

fair point.

also going to have to work hard to find a way to work the phrase the mandrillus sphynx monkey of the family cercopethecidae into an everyday conversation....

...though i could just settle for huge, blue-furred and operating strange flying machines.

Is it because he's lazy? Or it won't fit whatever narrative he's shooting for? (Marvel's getting shut out!) Or because he'd have to credit the sire/chart he's citing?

Clicks clicks clicks. We get good sales data, what, once a month? Well after the month ends? And nothing for online ever. But Rich puts these articles out every week and it always bends to a narrative designed to rile people up.

Messi

If he had to wait for diamonds sales he wouldn't be first. This is about being first and getting clicks.

Vyer

Is it because he's lazy? Or it won't fit whatever narrative he's shooting for? (Marvel's getting shut out!) Or because he'd have to credit the sire/chart he's citing?

because it gets people worked up and fanboys angry and arguing with each other with the right narrative. and angry fanboys = clicks

The worst kind of posters are those who are the one who annoy you with every single post but in the end arent bad enough to deserve a click on the ignore list.

And no, not talking about any regular poster in this thead.
At least say if it's Gaming or OT!
:p

Sandfox

Diamond numbers aren't really all that accurate with the growth of things like digital, though they give you a baseline.

Clicks clicks clicks. We get good sales data, what, once a month? Well after the month ends? And nothing for online ever. But Rich puts these articles out every week and it always bends to a narrative designed to rile people up.

If he had to wait for diamonds sales he wouldn't be first. This is about being first and getting clicks.

because it gets people worked up and fanboys angry and arguing with each other with the right narrative. and angry fanboys = clicks

Thanks guys. How the fuck did I not think "clicks" first?

shingi70

Banned
Happy birthday tetrax

And glad to see so many of you guys picking up black panther <3.

I am stuck at a cross roads between other stuff or no mans sky

If anyone wants a fun time, check Busiek's twitter feed. He's arguing with Khouri, Seeley, comic shop owners and others about characters that he thinks shouldn't be brought back or have no place in modern comics like Adam Strange(who actually has a mini-series with Hawkman on the way) and Jimmy Olsen.

Damn Adam Strange is a 50s Sci-fi concept bit it seems pretty easy to translate into a modern thing.

What's wrong Jimmy Olsen as a supporting character for Superman and Supergirl.

Hagi

I thought the ace chemicals scene between Joker and Harley was great. The film was totally style over substance but I was fine with that. I would have liked to have heard a score that wasn't every popular song they could think of.

You are like that second black guy at the party. Time for you to leave

Does this make sense? My tiny Scottish brain says it doesn't.

Zombine

Banned
This cut of the film was clearly aimed at 16 year olds. They should have replaced all of those tracks with top 40 club bangerz.

Hagi

really looking forward to All-Star Batman this week, ever since Scott said it's like his Long Halloween I've been hyped.

Yeah, it's like the Sith rule of two but only one can exist at a time.

ah so it's like Highlander but with black people

Rick Ross would be one of those lame-ass villains that gets his ass whipped during the opening narration, just because there needs to be some action pictures to spice up the exposition.

Sometimes newer JRJR looks like he drew it with his feet while he was asleep, but other times it's the best-looking stuff out there. That glove looks so fucking good on that cover.

Will ASB have a different artist each issue?
Each arc. This is the latest info I could find on who's going to do what for now(no clue how long the book will run once Capullo is back)but I think Snyder might've mentioned who's doing Mr. Freeze recently:
So I was like, if I can get John to do an arc with me, and I can get Sean Murphy to do an arc with me, and Jock? I got my anchors. So I couldn’t have been more excited when they all said they could do some stuff together. Really, the big anchors for me are John and Sean. Jock is doing a smaller one in the middle. It really is a dream series. I started inviting people like Declan Shalvey, Francesco Francavilla is doing a part with Jock, so we’re getting our “Black Mirror” team back together. Tula Lotay is doing Poison Ivy. Afua Richardson, who has become a friend and someone I admire so much, is gonna do one. So for me it’s just inviting in some of the best in the business, up-and-comers and rock stars, to reinvent Gotham a bit, and do stuff that matters in continuity.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hmm, not the biggest fan of alternating artists but they did get Paul Pope to do something besides covers, so, I guess I can't be too mad over it.

Top Bottom