• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oooooh my goodness.

I just read the first couple issues of Atomic Robo.
This is the most hilarious and entertaining comics I've maybe ever read. So clever and amazing. And solid art, too.
I wish the TPBs weren't so expensive. Thank goodness for the library though!

Jared Leto's Joker was written by 12 year old juggalos #moviefacts

aint no juggaloos writing a dude walking around with fitted suits.

Oooooh my goodness.

This is the most hilarious and entertaining comics I've maybe ever read. So clever and amazing. And solid art, too.

i was under the impression that clevinger had made most of the issues free to read online by now.

yarp.

Oooooh my goodness.

They were always pretty pricey. IDW only got a hold of it recently, but the prices weren't much better when Red 5 was publishing it. Reduced IST discounts because it was still an oddball publisher and all that. Good series, though.

The box heads get to me.

You know what gets to me? Fucking Mei. Patch her out of the game, Blizzard. And let's pre-emptively get rid of Sombra too if she's going to be a stealth character with cloaking bullshit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
i was under the impression that clevinger had made most of the issues free to read online by now.

yarp.

Ah, neat! Thanks!

They were always pretty pricey. IDW only got a hold of it recently, but the prices weren't much better when Red 5 was publishing it. Reduced IST discounts because it was still an oddball publisher and all that. Good series, though.

Yeah, those bigger collections that were released recently are definitely a bit easier to swallow. I'll probably pick the first one up in my next IST order. At this point, I'm willing to pay the higher price since I know I'll love it so much.

5,000 km Per Second

3IFLkLX.gif

Either for this year, I saw DC seems to be putting out Golden and Silver Age trades and I wouldn't mind owning them.

TFAW has a good listing engine. Just select Ship Date Old-New from the drop-down menu, and then if you want to select a specific publisher after that, there's another drop-down menu under it.

Hagi

Those mask in a box sets that DC are doing are weird as fuck. Pretty sure I saw a Deadshot set earlier in the week.

WhiteWolf

Just started (and now almost finished) Hellboy volume 1 library edition and I've really enjoyed it so far! Is the whole series worth checking out? I found this link that goes over the reading order and plan on following it:
Hellboy reading order.

Owzers

You know what gets to me? Fucking Mei. Patch her out of the game, Blizzard. And let's pre-emptively get rid of Sombra too if she's going to be a stealth character with cloaking bullshit.

I dislike cloaking in games....show yourself people!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just started (and now almost finished) Hellboy volume 1 library edition and I've really enjoyed it so far! Is the whole series worth checking out? I found this link that goes over the reading order and plan on following it:
Hellboy reading order.

Yes, Hellboy, BPRD, BPRD hell on Earth and Abe Sapien are all fantastic comics.

Still haven't gotten around to getting Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson but I hear good things.

Hagi

Hellboy reading order.

Read through it all if you enjoyed volume 1. The world Mignola and his cohorts have created in utterly amazing and shouldn't be missed.

Hellboy reading order.

The first Library Edition is probably the weakest so if you liked that, the rest is definitely worth it. Spin-offs are entirely optional except for BPRD which becomes amazing once it finds its groove near the end of Plague of Frogs Volume 1. It basically becomes the main book for the universe.

I got into the universe last year and it is just so good. Hellboy and BPRD have become some of my favorite comics period.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hellboy in Hell volume 2 needs to hurry up and release already. I wanna see how Hellboy's arc ends. I'm still hoping that he doesn't stay in hell and shows up for the final of Abe Sapien and BPRD Hell on Earth.

I wanna see the gang back together.

in a just world, Mignolaverse would get the same kinda cred that Sandman gets.

alas.

legit ridic how long they managed to go with that kinda quality.

smisk

Anyone else read Kill Or Be Killed? Heard about it on a podcast and it sounded interesting so I decided to pick it up today. This is my first time reading something by Brubaker. It's pretty dark, but I'm enjoying it and it's a good value (48 pages!) so I'll probably pick up the next one.

TheFlow

Banned
Hellboy reading order.
Bruh library book one has nothing on the rest. The books keep getting better.

The wild hunt and darkness calls are my favorite.

Oooooh my goodness.

I missed this earlier but yeah, Robo is top shelf shit. Second volume is a little slower than the first, but it picks back up after that and just goes from strength to strength. Have you ever wanted to see Carl Sagan throw down with an eldritch abomination? Well, if you said "yes," that's weird, but fortunately you're covered.

And yeah, the whole thing is available for free online.

Boogiepop

So, I tried looking today, but is there any good way to track down the FCBD books on Comixology. Wanted to grab I guess all of them from the past two years or so, and I thought they were supposed to be up, but I can't find a way to track them down.

In particular I've been digging through the mass of Sonic comics, and I realized I don't have any access to the 2015 FCBD thing, which was a "prelude" to the second Mega Man crossover, and I just cannot find it on Comixology. It probably wouldn't be a huge loss to miss out on, but if I could grab it for free it'd certainly be nice to do so...

Bii

So, I tried looking today, but is there any good way to track down the FCBD books on Comixology. Wanted to grab I guess all of them from the past two years or so, and I thought they were supposed to be up, but I can't find a way to track them down.

In particular I've been digging through the mass of Sonic comics, and I realized I don't have any access to the 2015 FCBD thing, which was a "prelude" to the second Mega Man crossover, and I just cannot find it on Comixology. It probably wouldn't be a huge loss to miss out on, but if I could grab it for free it'd certainly be nice to do so...

Did a quick search myself and don't see that particular issue on Comixology.

Top Bottom