• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

PsychBat!

Banned
Finally, the RLM review of SS.

OH shit top of page

I love it here
It's full of cheer
We are all happy
and very well fed

Our boys are strong
Our women are beautiful
We have good access to computers!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm glad we got Tom Hardy Bane. What a weird character.

I loved his Bane and even though Heath's Joker was one of the best villains in cinematic history, he was still a worthy follow up. I would trade that in a second if it meant having Rises focus on The Joker, though.

I got sad when he showed up during Rises because you just knew that The Joker would've shown up, too.

Lets go to the alternate reality where Mary Kate didn't murder Heath Ledger so we could see him be the main villain in Rises.
I also have pondered what The third movie would have been. Joker would have returned in some fashion. I think as a side character in some way. But if you took the premise of the movie as is (I think it would have been different) it seems clear to me that Joker would have been the judge instead of Scarecrow

Sandfox

blast.jpg
Who doesn't love a happy ending?

In Daredevil Annual #1,
Klaw takes control of Hell's Kitchen in minutes by playing heavy metal music that turns people into Klaw clones. Echo is fine because she is deaf, she rushes to find Daredevil because I guess he's the best person to deal with this particular threat you know with his hypersensitive hearing

Anyway miraculously she somehow manages to locate and save DD by...throwing some noise-canceling headphones on him???

Then they magically create a song that counteracts the effects of Klaw's signal and broadcast it over the city which magically turns everybody back to normal and magically defeats Klaw.

In Daredevil Annual #1,
Klaw takes control of Hell's Kitchen in minutes by playing heavy metal music that turns people into Klaw clones. Echo is fine because she is deaf, she rushes to find Daredevil because I guess he's the best person to deal with this particular threat you know with his hypersensitive hearing

Anyway miraculously she somehow manages to locate and save DD by...throwing some noise-canceling headphones on him???

Then they magically create a song that counteracts the effects of Klaw's signal and broadcast it over the city which magically turns everybody back to normal and magically defeats Klaw.
That would have been a dope Silver Age comic.

That would have been a dope Silver Age comic.

Sadly Soule doesn't have the talent to pull off a Silver Age book because you're right, it would have worked wonderfully. In fact it might even have worked in the Waid/Samnee run without any stylizing at all.

With Soule's dreary, dull reboot Daredevil? Mess.

VanWinkle

Over halfway into the Green Lantern Vol 3 omnibus. It's soooo good. I miss Ivan Reis art but Mahnke is doing a great job. I'm three issues into the New 52 series now. 18 issues to go I think.

Messi

Any of you ever read a series in a chunk and fall in love with it but now struggle to rekindle that love via monthly single issues. It's happening to me with Wayward and it's making me sad.

Sandfox

Any of you ever read a series in a chunk and fall in love with it but now struggle to rekindle that love via monthly single issues. It's happening to me with Wayward and it's making me sad.

The next issue of Wayward starts a new arc so that might be interesting lol.

VanWinkle

Honestly, I don't know how you guys do the whole monthly thing. I love to be able to read a story arc all in one self-contained book.

Literally every book I've ever done that with. Reading monthly single issues sucks.

I wouldn't stay current on anything if spoilers weren't a concern with some Marvel books.

Nope. I'm a monthly guy. 95% of my comics spending goes to weekly releases.

Well, I guess Manhattan Projects, but that was because Sun Beyond the Stars wasn't very good and then the book died

edit: I read comics this way because I love reading them this way. I love splashing from one pond into another, 22 pages at a time. But to each their own.

Dusknoir

In Daredevil Annual #1,

Sounds like the Music Meister from Batman. Expect worse because it's in a comic which can't produce music.

In Daredevil Annual #1,

I read one sentence of that and it already sounds stupid. You did burn it after reading, right?

Ross61

Every time I hear about Charles Soule on Daredevil, makes me appreciate more for what he did on Swamp Thing. The way he played with the mythology was superb and definitely one of the best things to come out of New 52. He should return to DC once his Marvel exclusive ends.

Sandfox

I was going to say that Soule is probably going to be moved onto a book that fits him more, but his Daredevil does decent enough lol.

Daredevil Annual #1 spoilers (lol)

-In which
the evils of rock & roll are exposed
http://imgur.com/RbY6Rau

-In which
Echo saves DD with noise-canceling headphones which she had because reasons
http://imgur.com/KpvIe9l

-And, my personal favorite,
Renegade Soundwave vs. Klaw
http://imgur.com/FN0P88f

Everything you're describing sounds good lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What's getting bashed more? MCU, No Man's Sky or the french gymnasts leg?

Why's No Man's Sky getting bashed?

I was super into that game until it sorta got revealed that there was no story mode and it was just a survival game but in space. I'm tired of games trying to make me make my own fun.

Speaking of reading stuff monthly vs. was for the story arc or run to finish:

Is there any site I can use to keep track of when story arcs finish? With Black Panther for example, I'd rather not wait for the trade but instead wait for an arc to finish and then read the issues.

VanWinkle

Trying to read Flash by Morrison/Millar and man I hate the lettering. I'm having a really hard time following the flow of dialogue on a lot of these pages. I mean, am I crazy here? Why are so many bubbles bleeding into multiple panels?

Y7tbGKc.jpg

Sandfox

Is there any site I can use to keep track of when story arcs finish? With Black Panther for example, I'd rather not wait for the trade but instead wait for an arc to finish and then read the issues.

I just use the solicitations for that. Black Panther finished it's first "act" with #4.

Messi

Black Panther is going to 12. He has said he wants to do more though .

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gimme your "edgy 90s edgelord grim whatever else adjective we use to mock characters" that you actually enjoy dispite all that.

I ask because this motherfucker right here is cool as shit even if he falls into all those categories

Admit your nerdiness and tell us yours

TheFlow

Banned
Bp is confirmed for a second season aka more than 12 issues with Coates on the helm.

Coated has then went on to say he wants to do 60 issues and consider the arcs more along as Acts

Edit: sandfox beat me to it.

But BP is one of the better selling books so I don't see it going anywhere.

Bii

Catching up with this week's comics...

Batman #4 - There's a scene where it's a nod to All-Star Superman but...I don't know, it felt off here. Like it was shoehorned in.

Low #15 - What the hell.

Top Bottom