• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Arkanius

Just finished reading Hush.
This week also finished reading Long Halloween and The Dark Knight Returns.

Fantastic pieces. Too bad I was spoiled on Hush by Arkham Knight :(

Read them all on Black and White (Noir editions). Loved Hush and Long Halloween in particular, looked fantastic with the two tones. It didn't translate as well to Dark Knight Returns but still very good. The art there was more doodly. Almost reminded me of Hunter x Hunter sometimes.

TheFlow

Banned
Same. Not what I buy the game for. I played a little of U2 and U3 multi, and it's fine but their speacilty is and may always be the single player experience.

The Lapis/Peridot comedy duo was in fine form last night.

Did y'all see the Luke Cage trailer? I'm still all tingly thinking about it.
That comedy duo gave me eternal life.

Peridot is such a great character.

Everyone for the most part is just becoming more likeable

Owzers

Naughty Dog makes this big multiplayer section of the game and you guys don't even play it so you can tell me if it's good. The level of disrespect...

oh shit, didn't even realize it was you!

hey bud how've ya been

ah, yeah, I've been through a few avatars since. I think I'm sticking to this one for awhile.

Pretty good, overall. I don't post much anymore, but usually just some drive-by posts here and there. How about you?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ah, yeah, I've been through a few avatars since. I think I'm sticking to this one for awhile.

Pretty good, overall. I don't post much anymore, but usually just some drive-by posts here and there. How about you?

my posting's gone down a little due to work being crazy, but i like to pop in regularly

glad you're well

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just got back from Suicide Squad.

Really enjoyed it.

Loved Jai as Boomerang, who knew he could act and have a personality?

Unsure on Leto Joker though.

PsychBat!

Banned

vader.jpg

Arkanius

Guys, I'm pretty new to this, how regularly does the new 52 issues get compiled into an hardcover standalone book?

(City of Owls, Death of the Family, etc)

So, basically, every 6 months? Give it or take?

Just trying to ponder how expensive my budget might take a hit if I start buying the compilations.

DC is much worse at getting trades out in a timely matter compared to Marvel. Once Marvel finishes a story arc, that trade will be out in a few weeks. They'll cycle through the hardcover to paperback in the time it takes DC to get the hardcover out.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone else read giant days?

one issue left and i'm caught up

brilliant brilliant comic

nigh perfect

I bought the first two trades, and I know I'm trying to figure out if I want to wait for the third, or just start buying the singles. I feel like it reads great in a bigger chunk. But I have it all digital anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

So good. Love Daisy.

In physical stores? Maybe in some cases.

On Comixology Rebirth titles will stay at starting price longer than DC usually does things(price drop after 2 months compared to Marvel's 18+).

Actually, DC announced that all $2.99 issues from Rebirth on will not get any digital discounts (outside of sales, I assume). Not sure about the rest of the line. DC keep hating the digital, probably cause of that ugly ass Morrison Batman Inc VR issue.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This Fade Out True Hollywood Story is straight out of LA Confidential. The Johnny Stompanato/Lana Turner scene was a good

Had never heard about Sean Connery getting mixed up in their shit though.

Flashpoint: Grodd of War made me realize that i kinda want a book about a depressed telepathic suicidal conquering overgrown monkey.

damn thing was way better than expected.

A couple things on my mind.

I just read the Stray Bullets collection of the first 41 issues. Got pretty into it by the end. Not really my style usually, but I was kind of hooked.

TMNT IDW Collection Volume 3.
What's up with this? I've been looking forward to it more than anything else, had it preordered on amazon for a month or so, release at the end of the month, but now all of a sudden, amazon shows its release date in January? Idw site still says august :(

Also: we talk about steven universe in here? That show is so amazing. My weeks will be so empty again when the current season ends.

TheFlow

Banned
A couple things on my mind.

I just read the Stray Bullets collection of the first 41 issues. Got pretty into it by the end. Not really my style usually, but I was kind of hooked.

TMNT IDW Collection Volume 3.
What's up with this? I've been looking forward to it more than anything else, had it preordered on amazon for a month or so, release at the end of the month, but now all of a sudden, amazon shows its release date in January? Idw site still says august :(

Also: we talk about steven universe in here? That show is so amazing. My weeks will be so empty again when the current season ends.
You liked stray bullets so that means you have great taste.

And yea this summer of Steven has been amazing so far.

Top Bottom