• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Bii

I love fables. No idea why it's took me so long to read.

It's the series that jump started my comic book reading. The first 75 issues are phenomenal. From there until 150, it's worth a read but not as mind-blowing as the first half.

smisk

Was looking at ComicChron numbers for June, and saw Sheriff of Babylon only sold ~5000 that month!? This is a fucking crime against humanity as far as I'm concerned, it's possibly of the best things I've read since I got into comics couple years ago.
Hopefully it'll do better in trade.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Was looking at ComicChron numbers for June, and saw Sheriff of Babylon only sold ~5000 that month!? This is a fucking crime against humanity as far as I'm concerned, it's possibly of the best things I've read since I got into comics couple years ago.
Hopefully it'll do better in trade.

Should have been an Image title.

I've read Preacher and Planetary, but not the others. Will look into those. Thanks!
Ivar is pure time travel shenanigans, which means if you don't like it then you're subhuman.
Yep, Ghost Rider gets a new book in Now! 2.0 probably due to AoS and the focus on teenagers this year.

Hopefully this and the other 2 recent CMX sales(Nova which is already getting a book and Nick Fury) doesn't point to a Nick Fury Jr. series being announced soon.
I wish Robbie was on Champions. I'm not familiar with him outside of the basics, but Ghost Rider love isn't a bad thing.

Along with teen girl Blade
How accessible is Grant Morrison's New X-Men for someone who's read hardly any X-Men?
One of the best jumping on points for the X-Men, along with Claremont's Uncanny, Bendis' All-New/Uncanny, and Whedon's Astonishing. Lemire'a Extraordinary (current run) isn't a bad spot either.

I just saw that James Gunn is putting Jimmy Urine in Guardians 2.

Because then it would've sold 6000.
But King and Gerads would own it if it was at Image.

As it stands, Vertigo owns part of it, so Vertigo can cancel it if they aren't happy with the sales.

And if it got canceled and Vertigo didn't play nice, the team won't be able to take it elsewhere to finish it.

Plus, King and Gerads would both be making way more money on it right now if they had an Image deal.

Sandfox

I just saw that James Gunn is putting Jimmy Urine in Guardians 2.

But King and Gerads would own it if it was at Image.

As it stands, Vertigo owns part of it, so Vertigo can cancel it if they aren't happy with the sales.

And if it got canceled and Vertigo didn't play nice, the team won't be able to take it elsewhere to finish it.

Plus, King and Gerads would both be making way more money on it right now if they had an Image deal.

Probably double that. It would have gotten way more hype and would have been much easier to pick out of a crowd as an Image title.
I was joking lol.

You can't joke about not knowing what you're talking about because so many people online legitimately don't know what they're talking about.

Someone in this very thread said that Fury Road was overrated!

Dusknoir

I mean I also didn't like Fury Road as much as other people. I felt that everything but the look of it was only ok. Love the effects and style of the movie tho.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finished The Incal, the whole 300 or so pages is essentially this:

FclmpAB.gif

GqufvsI.gif

It wa a great.

Fuck, I wanna get the other Metabaron and Incal books but they're so pricey and there's some other stuff that I wanna get that's not Jodorowsky related.

The real Jean Grey.
Nah. Just send the O5 back. Rachel is the only Grey we need.

That said....hmmmmm long dead...well, Echo's already back.

Decisions, decisions

Is Eric Masterson dead? Fuck it. Bring him on back. Go hog wild with all these Thors. I have no investment in him, but DO IT

Right after I got the first issue of Doom 2099, I went to a buffet with my aunt, and when I got back home, I told my parents how amazing it was that there was this restaurant where you could just get infinite food. They were like "that's a buffet, and everybody knows about them, dumbass".

Also, the thing I actually kept getting a bunch of was chocolate milk, and free drink refills aren't even limited to buffets, so I was double stupid.

PsychBat!

Banned
Right after I got the first issue of Doom 2099, I went to a buffet with my aunt, and when I got back home, I told my parents how amazing it was that there was this restaurant where you could just get infinite food. They were like "that's a buffet, and everybody knows about them, dumbass".

Also, the thing I actually kept getting a bunch of was chocolate milk, and free drink refills aren't even limited to buffets, so I was double stupid.

My cousin laughed at me when I "discovered" you could pour more than one soda in to a cup.

VanWinkle

Just finished GL by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 3, and with it, Johns nearly ten year run on the series. Incredible. So happy to have read it. Constantly inventive stories and expanded mythos the likes of which I never could have imagined. Some of the best cosmic art and stories I've ever had the pleasure to read.

Top Bottom