• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Ah, I knew I have seen this somewhere, thanks

But what happens in the brief moment he takes the glasses of and has his Eyes open? Does the beam a couple of seconds to materialise from the beam dimension?

If I recall, there are older issues where he basically has Black Bolt-levels of self-control over opening and closing his eyes.

What are the best Medusa stories?

Inhumans: By Right of Birth
Inhuman (2014)
Realm of Kings
Inhumans (Jenkins/Lee)
The Origin of the Inhumans (Silver-Age Fantastic Four stories focusing on the Inhumans. A chunk of it focuses on the Frightful Four, which is when she was introduced)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans
Silent War

It's hard to gauge what stories are good for focusing on her, since Inhumans is more of an ensemble franchise and always has been. The first five I would push for sure, but the last two are a maybe.

Also, A-Force obviously isn't a bad choice. Same with the current The Uncanny Inhumans.

Inhuman (2014)
Realm of Kings
Inhumans (Jenkins/Lee)
The Origin of the Inhumans (Silver-Age Fantastic Four stories focusing on the Inhumans. A chunk of it focuses on the Frightful Four, which is when she was introduced)
Silent War

It's hard to gauge what stories are good for focusing on her, since Inhumans is more of an ensemble franchise and always has been. The first five I would push for sure, but the last two are a maybe.

Also, A-Force obviously isn't a bad choice. Same with the current The Uncanny Inhumans.
Fraction's FF was pretty good with her and Ahura.

Messi

Inhuman (2014)
Realm of Kings
Inhumans (Jenkins/Lee)
Silent War

I really like all the books she is in right now. Thanks for the list.

Dusknoir

Yo Flash #1-4 is like reading a better version of CW Flash. Basically most of the cheese and filler are gone and it's just filled with more hope and happiness.

I don't know what to feel about #4's ending tho.

Fraction's FF was pretty good with her and Ahura.
I'll have to check it out. I should probably just read all of the FF forever since they overlap so much. I believe they're pretty heavily involved in Byrne's FF as well.
I really like all the books she is in right now. Thanks for the list.
It's what I'm here for. Though I still haven't read every Inhuman story, so there may be others that I'm unaware of.
Yo Flash #1-4 is like reading a better version of CW Flash. Basically most of the cheese and filler are gone and it's just filled with more hope and happiness.

I don't know what to feel about #4's ending tho.
Most things Flash-related are better than the CW show

Action Comics 961: all right I'm out. The book doesn't seem interested in spilling any of its more compelling secrets, such as
the identity of Clark Kent
, anytime soon, and it certainly doesn't seem interested in delivering on its original promise of a Lex-focused Superbook, with his role in the story slipping further with every issue. The book has quickly established a routine: show a bunch of fighting, drop a new character on the last page, rinse, repeat, and that hasn't inspired any confidence in the writing. Dropped.

There's a push for
Superwoman
in this issue of the blink-or-you'll-miss-it variety that is so forced I had to laugh.

Arkanius

Wow, Batman Vol 6: Graveyard Shift is a mess... story wise.
They are basically random stories that should have been in other volumes. I should have read reviews of it before buying it.

Might skip it and jump to Endgame.

That was quick.

It's an OGN set after The Island and before Hellboy in Hell.
Yeah announced yesterday I think. Surprised Mignola is doing it so quickly but then again he's always kind of gone with the flow with the series. Maybe he just wanted a break from drawing an ongoing series. Easier to do an ogn set in the past.

Oh actually, is he drawing it? He was just taking a break from that I know. He's still writing as there's still other stuff he's involved in.

Action Comics 961: all right I'm out. The book doesn't seem interested in spilling any of its more compelling secrets, such as
the identity of Clark Kent
, anytime soon, and it certainly doesn't seem interested in delivering on its original promise of a Lex-focused Superbook, with his role in the story slipping further with every issue. The book has quickly established a routine: show a bunch of fighting, drop a new character on the last page, rinse, repeat, and that hasn't inspired any confidence in the writing. Dropped.

There's a push for
Superwoman
in this issue of the blink-or-you'll-miss-it variety that is so forced I had to laugh.

The idea of a Superman book that focused on all the human characters, with Lex reinventing himself and taking up the mantle, plus
the Clark Kent mystery
, was an amazing book idea. Sad that it's not delivering. I'll read the newest issue (I have yet to), but it's upsetting if it still isn't delivering.

Yousefb

I was planning on getting the physical copy of ALL STAR BATMAN but I forgot that I had it pre ordered on comixology. Guess I can get one of them variant covers but don't think I want to double dip. Woe is me.

They are basically random stories that should have been in other volumes. I should have read reviews of it before buying it.

I think Graveyard Shift collects the first appearance of Eric Border who's a recurring character in Batman Eternal and Endgame. I'd read that one at least.

Yousefb

There's no point in pre-ordering on Comixology really.
Yeah I know. It's just that when all these Rebirth books were announced i got excited and decided to pre order so I wouldn't have to look up when each one comes out. I completely forgot I did that for a bunch of em hah.

Owzers

The thing Blizzard needs to add most is a way to earn credits by playing normally. Even if it's not a lot, it adds up faster than randomly getting it in those shitty loot boxes.

I think we are past improving the loot box system.

Suggestion: Make it easier to get coins please.

Answer: How about your coins can't be used on the new items and we give you duplicates and coins in those boxes too?

Sandfox

ASM 16 got me excited for Clone Conspiracy

This week's All-New X-Men was my favorite of the current run. It's doing cool things with Laura, Cyclops and Warren in addition to
bringing SW Inferno Madelyne Pryor to the main universe
. I'm actually interested to see what happens with Warren next for once in my life.

I actually like The Accused more than I expected because it was just one long court case

Wow at this months ANAD Avengers

Old Man Logan continues to impress me.

ANAD Avengers Annual was funny and a good read. My one complaint is that
Miles is the only teammate of Ms. Marvel to actually do anything.

All-New X-Men 12: I'm tired of being so down on comics today so I'm just going to pretend this issue didn't happen
I liked it lol.

VanWinkle

It's a collection of one-shots that didn't belong in the other books. I'm glad it has a collected edition for people like me who don't really read singles, but they shouldn't have given it a volume number.

Can you take a couple of interior art pictures? I'm super curious about it.

Dy7ou5b.jpg

It's pretty serviceable art. Not as flashy as Dodson.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
All Star Batman was pretty good.

Darth Vader #24

The flashback to when he was Anakin was done really well.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Can't wait to tear into Black Monday Murders at dinner. I'll probably get Spread out of the way on first break. I'll be saving the best for last though. Birthright!

Arkanius

It's a collection of one-shots that didn't belong in the other books. I'm glad it has a collected edition for people like me who don't really read singles, but they shouldn't have given it a volume number.

The first two issues relate directly to Zero Year with the Red Hood.
I mean, why not include it in the first Zero Year book?

Top Bottom