• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

tim1138

The guy is so commited to the DC house style that people thought that Snickers ad was part of multiple books. That's an achievement.

Reis is the DC house style. Dude is the contemporary Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and his style sheets should be the reference everyone else works from.

Okay, doing an IST order. Final book will be eiher the Lumberjanes hardcover or Ivar Timewalker hardcover. Messi and Lunchpod are both disqualified from answering.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, doing an IST order. Final book will be eiher the Lumberjanes hardcover or Ivar Timewalker hardcover. Messi and Lunchpod are both disqualified from answering.

The quality of the Lumberjane's paperback collections are next level. I'd be surprised if the hardcovers weren't the same way.

Holy shit, Flintstones #2 is hilarious. Not as dark as the other H-B revamps, but still more mature than OG Flintstones. This issue keeps up the pace of the last issue and is still a blast.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
tumblr_o9hyr9UVC21uorz8zo5_250.gif

That reminds me, I gotta read seconds one of these days.

Malyse

Today I realized that I really dislike deadpool. Or at like I dislike Deadpool on virtually any team. Don't like him as an avenger. Don't like him with the Mercs (though I suspect that has more to do with Slapstick than anything else).
Gwenpool though...

----

I like the concept at least of the bimonthly thing from DC.

Today I realized that I really dislike deadpool. Or at like I dislike Deadpool on virtually any team. Don't like him as an avenger. Don't like him with the Mercs (though I suspect that has more to do with Slapstick than anything else).
Gwenpool though...

----

I like the concept at least of the bimonthly thing from DC.

Deadpool works really well when he has people to play off of. I really dug Cable & Deadpool and of course he was fantastic in Uncanny X-Force due to the contrast with the rest of the team.

I don't read anything ongoing with him though, so I can't speak for those.

Malyse

Deadpool works really well when he has people to play off of. I really dug Cable & Deadpool and of course he was fantastic in Uncanny X-Force due to the contrast with the rest of the team.

I don't read anything ongoing with him though, so I can't speak for those.

I really like him with Cable. And I'm sure I'll eventually get around to the Spiderman team up book and I'll like that too cause I liked their team up in Civil War 1(?). Though that was admittedly more of a fight than a team up.

Oh and I like that he has a fear of Squirrel Girl
as he should.

----

I haven't read the latest one, but am I the only one who really enjoys A-Force? Granted this is due in no small part to my love of Runaways and Kelly Thompson, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Secret Wars '15 was great for turning me one to a lot of new characters.

Also, I would love a TV anthology show based on Secret Wars '15

Malyse

Huh.

Reddit user 'BlackPanther2016' claims that he'll pursuing a lawsuit in British courts over the implicit "false advertising" of those scenes advertised to appear in the movie, comparing it to a McDonald's burger being served with different ingredients than what’s in the advertisements.

"Suicide Squad trailers showcased several specific Joker scenes that I had to pay for the whole movie just so that I can go watch those specific scenes that WB/DC had advertised in their trailers and TV spots," stated the user. "These scenes are: When Joker banged his head on his car window, when Joker says, ''let me show you my toys,' when Joker punchs the roof of his car, when Joker drops a bomb with his face all messed up and says, ''Bye bye!' Non of these scenes were in the movie."

BlackPanther2016 also brings up "2 specific Katana scenes" hinted at in the trailers but not shown in the movie he later viewed.

"These scenes were advertised several times in the 1st trailer and many TV ads...but they didn't show it to me in the movie," said the Reddit user. "I wasted alot of money paying and travelling to go watch this movie because of these specific scenes they had advertised to me and all of us saying, ''hey, check out our preview! this will all be in our movie, come watch it on the 5th! All lies."

The user allegedly asked the theater for a refund after seeing the movie, but was reportedly rebuffed and "kicked out" of the theater - leading him to consider legal charges."

"So I'm now taking this to court. I want my refund, the trauma of being embarrassed as I was being kicked out and people laughing at me for wanting my refund, and also the 160 pounds of fuel money I used to drive to London from Scotland."

The moviegoer states that he and his brother, "a lawyer," will begin legal action August 11

http://www.newsarama.com/30556-fals...atened-over-suicide-squad-deleted-scenes.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4wq2iy/my_brother_who_is_a_lawyer_and_i_are_going_to_sue/

k.

Owzers

If Wonder Woman critically fails, I have no hope for the DCEU going forward. Just ain't happening if you can't convince me on WW.

Why do things have to be critically well received to be a success to people? The haters in the media are always complaining about Trump but does that make you worried about his presidency? No.

It's no, right?

Dead

well not really...yet
JR jr on Batman is the best he's been in a very long time. He killed it on The Last Crusade too.

Boogiepop

...huh. Just saw Suicide Squad, and it was... bland. That was not the sort of "bad" I was expecting. Not that I thought it was bad, more like... aggressively average with a ton of wasted potential? Like, it doesn't feel like it should be that hard to have pieced together something interesting, but instead
we get a whole ton of military army soldier junk against big super generic underdeveloped evil. And soldier guy getting waaaaaay too much focus. Also, they had freaking Captain Boomerang in the movie, and they couldn't be bothered to do anything halfway worthy of note with him. Bleh. Also not fond of the Joker here.
So yeah, I don't know. Just... disappointed in a way I was not expecting. Huh.

VanWinkle

I had a weird feeling realizing I have every DC omnibus that I have needed to get besides the three JSA volumes. I mean, it's kind of nice though too in a way, not having a bunch of stuff on my wishlist in that regard.

My goal with my collection is to eventually get to the point where the only books I have to worry about buying are the ones yet to release. That would be amazing. Unfortunately, things release so fast that my budget doesn't really allow me to keep up.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
...huh. Just saw Suicide Squad, and it was... bland. That was not the sort of "bad" I was expecting. Not that I thought it was bad, more like... aggressively average with a ton of wasted potential? Like, it doesn't feel like it should be that hard to have pieced together something interesting, but instead
we get a whole ton of military army soldier junk against big super generic underdeveloped evil. And soldier guy getting waaaaaay too much focus. Also, they had freaking Captain Boomerang in the movie, and they couldn't be bothered to do anything halfway worthy of note with him. Bleh. Also not fond of the Joker here.
So yeah, I don't know. Just... disappointed in a way I was not expecting. Huh.

With regards to
Captain Boomerang, literally the only bit of characterization they gave him is stolen wholesale from Deadpool. At least he actually fucked the unicorn.

Teen Titans: Earth One Vol. 2:

cs00P36.gif

I think Lemire is repeating the same mistakes Lobdell went through with his TT run. Earth One
Blackfire
is......................boy it's uh, something.

Top Bottom