• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

There was that time he got a third personality: The Judge

tumblr_lyfghz2S6u1r35uet.gif

I remember really liking that episode, but it's been awhile.

Whooooops

I do wish I could still read comics in the sun, or at the beach. And the smell. Those are the things I miss about floppies, and that's the end of it.

smisk

You could always buy Marvel floppies and activate the digital code. Best of both worlds! I wish more publishers did this.

You could always buy Marvel floppies and activate the digital code. Best of both worlds! I wish more publishers did this.

I could. But...I don't miss the storage issues and I like getting up Wednesday morning and buying all my books in my pjs while I sip my coffee, and never having to worry about an issue running out or maintaining a pull list or any of that crap. I definitely do not miss anything about the LCS experience. There are things I miss about floppies but not nearly enough to actually seek them out.

Owzers

you could always play hearthstone in the sun so it overheats your ipad and fades the side of the casing in spots from the heat. That's fun.

Owzers

I have done this

Do you still play monkey? I haven't played in months

i've been doing quests to save for gold so i wouldn't have to spend money on the new adventure but now you only get the new cardback if you spend in $$$$ so i have to decide what my dignity is worth. I like Overwatch much more than Hearthstone which just seems....stationary and slow right now. Start a game, see how terrible your match-up is vs. being able to switch out heroes in Overwatch to suit the game.

my hearthstone name is Owzers#1841

Malyse

The state of the DCEU baffles me. The old animated shows were excellent. The animated movies were well received. The arrowverse has its fans. But the Synderverse? How do you fail with the most famous capes in the world?

smisk

I too wish to hoard massive amounts of paper

I only keep the stuff I really like, most of it I end up recycling. Not much of a collector. Mainly just buy floppies because I don't have a tablet yet and enjoy going to my LCS, browsing around etc.

Owzers

Competitive mode is dog shit.

I'm 54. But I was 55 before I made the mistake of playing more competitive games after my placement matches.

Why do we hate competitive? I don't like hero stacking at all, so in theory i'd rather play comp but i always end up in qp.

frye

i've been doing quests to save for gold so i wouldn't have to spend money on the new adventure but now you only get the new cardback if you spend in $$$$ so i have to decide what my dignity is worth. I like Overwatch much more than Hearthstone which just seems....stationary and slow right now. Start a game, see how terrible your match-up is vs. being able to switch out heroes in Overwatch to suit the game.

my hearthstone name is Owzers#1841

your hearthstone posting over the years made me install it a few weeks ago which is definitely the #2 worst mistake i've made in this life after getting into comics

Man, I just finished Deadly Class Vol. 4 and that whole last stretch of shit was just brutal. It's also an incredibly bold move to
kill the main character
and have the next issues coming out focus on
all of the assholes that are still alive after killing all of the actually good or at least less shitty people
. While a part of me is super sad that
Marcus is dead
I am way interested in how things go forward considering who we're actually following. This is the type of bold move that it's hard to tell if it pays off down the line.

I still miss
Maria
. ;______;

There was a sale at Newbury so I'm gonna go read the rest of my pick-ups: Myth Co. Vol. 1, East of West Vol.4, Plutona Vol. 1, Faster Than Light Vol. 1 and The Beauty Vol. 1.

I may actually be financially keeping Image's North-East operations afloat by myself.

TheFlow

Banned
Man, I just finished Deadly Class Vol. 4 and that whole last stretch of shit was just brutal. It's also an incredibly bold move to
kill the main character
and have the next issues coming out focus on
all of the assholes that are still alive after killing all of the actually good or at least less shitty people
. While a part of me is super sad that
Marcus is dead
I am way interested in how things go forward considering who we're actually following. This is the type of bold move that it's hard to tell if it pays off down the line.

I still miss
Maria
. ;______;

There was a sale at Newbury so I'm gonna go read the rest of my pick-ups: Myth Co. Vol. 1, East of West Vol.4, Plutona Vol. 1, Faster Than Light Vol. 1 and The Beauty Vol. 1.

I may actually be financially keeping Image's North-East operations afloat by myself.

pretty how I felt. Remender got some balls.

Ross61

The state of the DCEU baffles me. The old animated shows were excellent. The animated movies were well received. The arrowverse has its fans. But the Synderverse? How do you fail with the most famous capes in the world?
Because it's a totally different ball game.

ElNarez

Banned

Because people are stupid and they want stupid stuff and Batman V Superman is good if you just pay attention

1) Skip all the setup and groundwork that made MCU successful

2) Hire a bunch of visionary directors with a signature style, a bold contrast to Marvel's careful and conservative house style strategy.

3) Permit Zack Snyder to create a completely original work and give him free license to do whatever he wants

4) When that is received poorly, panic

5) Strong-arm those visionary directors into delivering more conservative final products

GAMEPROFF

Banned
1) Skip all the setup and groundwork that made MCU successful

2) Hire a bunch of visionary directors with a signature style, a bold contrast to Marvel's careful and conservative house style strategy.

3) Permit Zack Snyder to create a completely original work and give him free license to do whatever he wants

4) When that is received poorly, panic

5) Strong-arm those visionary directors into delivering more conservative final products

You are just to stupid to embrace the greatness of the DCEU!
If you would be smart you could understand the great ess!

Apoc87

Banned
Can anyone help me identifying a book from my childhood?

I cant find info about it anywhere and i vaguely remember it myself but my dad bought me a horror-themed graphic novel in the 90s when I was a kid. I'm 99% sure it was about X-Men being vampires. I seem to remember wolverine and storm played big roles in the novel, and a lot of it took place in a castle. I remember pretty much the whole book being in black and white.

This sound familiar to anyone?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can anyone help me identifying a book from my childhood?

I cant find info about it anywhere and i vaguely remember it myself but my dad bought me a horror-themed graphic novel in the 90s when I was a kid. I'm 99% sure it was about X-Men being vampires. I seem to remember wolverine and storm played big roles in the novel, and a lot of it took place in a castle.

This sound familiar to anyone?
This maybe?
http://siskoid.blogspot.de/2011/05/what-if-wolverine-was-lord-of-vampires.html?m=1

Thank you for the response but no that isnt it. The style was a lot more darker/updated than that and pretty much the whole book was in black and white.

You sure on that last bit? Black and white is rare at Marvel. Should make it easy to find but I'm not coming up with anything. :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thank you for the response but no that isnt it. The style was a lot more darker/updated than that and pretty much the whole book was in black and white.
Was it a ongoing?
There was a alternate universe version of the X-Men where everyone was a demon/vampire/monster

can't out on it being an X-Men Essentials, they get printed in black and white

My first thought was Storm being turned into a vampire by Dracula

4_uncannyxmen159.png

Bii

GAMEPROFF, I know you had recommended some scary/horror movies to me before, can you make them again? I just watched 'We Are Still Here' and it was a decent enough flick to get me going. Preferably stuff that is available on Netflix, if you know any.

Gonna head to my LCS today and pick up All-Star Batman. Hopefully to get a non-curling one.

Also, I'm going to try and revamp the areas of my house where I have all of my nerd stuff and try and consolidate it to the master bedroom and our office corner.

Apoc87

Banned
Was it a ongoing?
There was a alternate universe version of the X-Men where everyone was a demon/vampire/monster

This really does sound accurate. The only thing my google-fu is coming up with is mutant x which is definitely not it. This book had a very serious tone to it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Have you seen It Follows? Its my favorite horror movie Ive seen this year.
Also, Babadook ist great. The last two years were really health when it comes to smaller productions.
No idea if these are on your Netflix, sorry.

I'm dying to watch It Follows, I was planning on it this week, but you can't rent it here right now on Amazon. Showtime has it in their clutches.

Top Bottom