• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Bii

Have you seen It Follows? Its my favorite horror movie Ive seen this year.
Also, Babadook ist great. The last two years were really health when it comes to smaller productions.
No idea if these are on your Netflix, sorry.

I have not but I'll be sure to put it on my to-watch list. I do have Babadook in my Netflix queue and its actually one of the movies I plan on watching next.

TheFlow

Banned
I have not but I'll be sure to put it on my to-watch list. I do have Babadook in my Netflix queue and its actually one of the movies I plan on watching next.

it follows was fucking amazing. 2015 was such an amazing year for movie releases

It Follows was terrible at following its own rules. Why even establish the rules of your supernatural shit if you aren't going to stick to it? That, to me, is a dramatic cheat, and it also makes the exposition a waste of time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Youre next is on my list, too. It has an amazing limited edition:

picture_12.php

I might watch The Invitation and The Witch tonight. Happy to hear Invitation is on Netflix, and I've been dying to watch The Witch. Though from what I've heard it is more disturbing than outright scary.

There's a movie on Netflix called The Guest, which is by the same writer/director combo as You're Next. It's more of a thriller/suspense movie than horror, but most of it is quite good. There are things it does at the end that I didn't like, but it's still worth watching.

It's basically a Punisher/Nuke movie, but played out differently than comic readers are used to.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I might watch The Invitation and The Witch tonight. Happy to hear Invitation is on Netflix, and I've been dying to watch The Witch. Though from what I've heard it is more disturbing than outright scary.
Sounds good. I am as good as never scared by horrormovies anymore. Most the time just disturbed.

TheFlow

Banned
Definitely more disturbing but there are definitely a few scary bits.

Lot of people walked out the theatre when I went

I wouldn't say The Witch is really disturbing or scary. It's just a really tense, uneasy experience. My favorite thing about it is that it has things to say.

Green Room (not on Netflix) is another really good recent movie that I guess you could call horror. It's about a punk band who plays a show at this neo-Nazi compound, and shit goes really wrong.

TheFlow

Banned
There's a movie on Netflix called The Guest, which is by the same writer/director combo as You're Next. It's more of a thriller/suspense movie than horror, but most of it is quite good. There are things it does at the end that I didn't like, but it's still worth watching.

It's basically a Punisher/Nuke movie, but played out differently than comic readers are used to.
The. Guest is sooo good.

Like picture drive but the protagonist talks

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The best recent horror movies are...

You're Next
The Witch
The Invitation

The Invitation is on Netflix.

The Witch & It Follows were very good movies, but You're Next is the something else. Tight, tense & smart. Plus it had one of the best 'final girls' in horror history.

Been meaning to watch Green Room & The Guest for ages. Sounds like I'll love em.

I have added The Invitation and The Guest to my list. Also Hush, because the descriptor has me intrigued.
Hush has a great premise, but it doesn't capitalize on it. It's astonishingly boring. Very one-note kind of thing where almost nothing interesting happens.

Green Room (not on Netflix) is another really good recent movie that I guess you could call horror. It's about a punk band who plays a show at this neo-Nazi compound, and shit goes really wrong.

That's the one with Patrick Stewart, right? Yeah I wanna see that too.

Damn, I better get moving on these, I need to see them all before my family gets back. I've been slacking.

That's the one with Patrick Stewart, right? Yeah I wanna see that too.

Damn, I better get moving on these, I need to see them all before my family gets back. I've been slacking.
Patrick Stewart is the leader of the neo-Nazis.

Anton Yelchin is the main character, and his performance is really good.

Imogen Poots is hot in that movie.

It's by the same director as Blue Ruin, which is another great movie. Used to be on Netflix, but isn't anymore. It's about a regular-ass guy trying to get revenge for a murder, and how completely fucking sideways something like that goes if a real person tries it instead of things playing out like they normally would in a movie.

Messi

I am retiring from Overwatch PS4. I am sick of carrying Sillymonkey and Freeza. I am taking my talents to South Beach.

This isn't horror, but someone mentioned Drive, so I feel obligated to say it...

Bronson is a movie on Netflix that everyone should see. It's been on there forever, but they never surface it anymore, so a lot of people miss it. It's the first big movie Refn made after his early Danish work, and it's him and Tom Hardy at the top of their game. Such a great movie. Funny as hell and slightly terrifying.

Sandfox

The way Spider-Man/Deadpool has been poking at OMD since early on has made the book even more interesting outside of the team up and
Death healing Deadpool's face
is going to have an interesting effect on the character.

I will finally be able to boot up Overwatch when I get home.

EDIT:

Happy Birthday!

happy birthday tyrant rave
The way Spider-Man/Deadpool has been poking at OMD since early on has made the book even more interesting outside of the team up and
Death healing Deadpool's face
is going to have an interesting effect on the character.

I will finally be able to boot up Overwatch when I get home.

EDIT:

Happy Birthday!

didn't they do that in
Waypool
and everyone ignored it

that's more like a siege movie like Assault on Precinct 13. Really dope though, I love how it followed a very unprepared punk band too rather than some badasses or something. shit gets violent as hell. that director is definitely one to watch out for in the future.

Arkanius

I've read All Star Batman #1... Didn't really do anything for me. Seems more of the same like someone said before.

Also started reading the volumes of Batman: Dark Knight and... wow, I'm pleasantly surprised so far. This is legit.

Top Bottom