• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

PsychBat!

Banned
I found a creature today on my current planet that looks like a penis with four balls as a base. It moves around by hopping. I may have to post a pic of it to the ComicGAF community.

attack_demarco-1.gif

So I finally got around to reading the last three issues of PADs ANAD Xfactor series. I kind of lost interest once I heard it got canned but revisiting it again I reminded once again how good PAD is at team books like this. With the Xmen line in such a mess can we please get him on one of the main books already. The man knows how to work the action, soap opera drama and humor that Xmen books need

Sandfox

So I finally got around to reading the last three issues of PADs ANAD Xfactor series. I kind of lost interest once I heard it got canned but revisiting it again I reminded once again how good PAD is at team books like this. With the Xmen line in such a mess can we please get him on one of the main books already. The man knows how to work the action, soap opera drama and humor that Xmen books need

I don't think don't think he would want to work on something so big at this point.

I don't think he wants to do more than one book. Maybe if 2099 folds he'll go back to X-books. It'd definitely be cool. I need to finish X-Factor too. Not really sure why I fell off, it's a great book.

Sandfox

I may sell off a big chunk of my early collection of comics later this year, but it's basically a lot of random issues so I'm expecting it to be a hard sell lol.

Messi

In wonder if DC could make another 52 type of comic today. Who would be the writers?

Wasn't that what Batman Eternal was and Batman and Robin Eternal on a smaller scale.

Also the writer would be James Tynion IV. I'd love to see Marguerite Bennett and Genevieve Valentine too. Genevieve Valentines issues in Batman and Robin Eternal were great a were here Batman Eternal issues.

hrm, incredible herc has been disappointing to the point of being dropped mid-run.

There's a... disconnect... between the script and the events that is quite palpable. You get the idea that,on paper, this whole kerfuffle with that Tuna amazon and hera and athena probably appears to be considerably more interesting than it actually ends up being. Art's mostly good, dialogue is often snappy, but... no hooks. no hooks at all. Ah well.

also could do with a whole lot less of the "cho is a real smart virgin that gets shown up by hubris all the time" bits.

VanWinkle

What on earth. Superwoman #1 was incredible. I have a whole new respect for Jimenez, who honestly I never really thought a huge amount of. The art was fantastic and the very wordy writing was great, too. And that ending came as a complete surprise.

Wow. Will definitely buy the trade on this when it comes out.

Barry is pretty bad speedster, Red Wally is stronger than him, and Nu Wally is still getting a handle on his powers and doing stuff Barry can't.
Wally stay winning forever
Movie is prett good so far. Best DC Animated Movie.
(Havent seen Mask of the Phantasm)

So you're saying, given that you haven't seen MotP, that it's better than Batman: Under the Red Hood, Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Superman vs. the Elite, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Parts 1&2), and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

Batman: Year One is good just for the Gordon side of things, and Batman: Gotham Knights is shaky, but it has some really great parts. Justice League: Doom, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, and Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox were all just okay. Justice League: War was slightly below average. Son of Batman can go fuck itself on a bed of infected syringes. Haven't seen the rest.

Wally stay winning forever

So you're saying, given that you haven't seen MotP, that it's better than Batman: Under the Red Hood, Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Superman vs. the Elite, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Parts 1&2), and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

Batman: Year One is good just for the Gordon side of things, and Batman: Gotham Knights is shaky, but it has some really great parts. Justice League: Doom, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, and Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox were all just okay. Justice League: War was slightly below average. Son of Batman can go fuck itself on a bed of infected syringes. Haven't seen the rest.
Also add Wonder Woman and Superman/Shazam The Return of Black Adam on the good list. What makes the Superman/Shazam one so awesome is they took all the short minis they added in various other projects and collected them with that release. The Jonah hex and The spectre were really cool ones

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have only seen The Dark Knight Returns and Year One. And I consider them as shit because the only difference to the books is the animation and the art design and I hate the Manga style to the death.

MotP isnt a avaiable on Blu-rRay and to pricy for a DVD.

What on earth. Superwoman #1 was incredible. I have a whole new respect for Jimenez, who honestly I never really thought a huge amount of. The art was fantastic and the very wordy writing was great, too. And that ending came as a complete surprise.

Wow. Will definitely buy the trade on this when it comes out.

Don't know about incredible, but it was definitely a fun book. Plenty good enough to keep me buying it for now.

I gotta get me a Kamala keychain.

But the heck with blind bags.

Edit: The Wonder Woman animated movie is so good. Really dynamic action for direct-to-video animation too.

I have only seen The Dark Knight Returns and Year One. And I consider them as shit because the only difference to the books is the animation and the art design and I hate the Manga style to the death.

MotP isnt a avaiable on Blu-rRay and to pricy for a DVD.
TDKR and Y1 have anime-esque art? News to me. I don't see how a faithful adaption can be shit, though. Unless you consider the source to be shit.
I gotta get me a Kamala keychain.

But the heck with blind bags.

Edit: The Wonder Woman animated movie is so good. Really dynamic action for direct-to-video animation too.
Dat Joaquim Dos Santos pedigree. I really should watch it.

Top Bottom