• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Yes where are the ass books?
2352259-all_star_superman__2005__06.jpeg

Marvel hit the cool down point, books that had massive word of mouth upon launch (Iron Man, Doc Strange) are kinda just their.

Even Star Wars has cooled down, the line will be down to 2 books come October, and the Rouge One tie in comic was cancelled.
Also delays all the time the last few weeks. We've had two CWII delays that also delayed the other books and one Star Wars delay for the entire line aside from the main book.

I wouldn't be surprised if CWII doesn't end this year.

Zombine

Banned
My problem with Civil War II is that it only exists to sell a sequel for a movie that doesn't need a sequel. We don't need Captain America: Civil War II but we are going to get it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Marvel hit the cool down point, books that had massive word of mouth upon launch (Iron Man, Doc Strange) are kinda just their.

Even Star Wars has cooled down, the line will be down to 2 books come October, and the Rouge One tie in comic was cancelled.

Yep, I've definitely cooled on nearly all Marvel books

TheFlow

Banned
just Doctor strange for me. Think I am 3 issues behind.

but as you guys know I tend to do binges where I just spend 50-80 bucks in a week to catch up on everything.

Zombine

Banned
At the NYCC ANAD panel last October Marvel made people get on stage and read their new books. Then they had to review them for the crowd.

The reviews were all glowingly positive. Bring an end to review parties.

My problem with Civil War II is that it only exists to sell a sequel for a movie that doesn't need a sequel. We don't need Captain America: Civil War II but we are going to get it.

I imagine this being like the MCU equivalent to Star Trek XII: So Very Tired.

"Had trouble sleeping last night. My hiatal hernia is acting up. The Compound is drafty and damp. I complain but nobody listens."

gabbo

Why haven't you grabbed any since? 3 dollar issues and a relaunch is pretty much all you need as a selling point

Most local comic places havent been selling at the American price here.
Also, I usually buy trades not single issue (I don't view digitally), and will grab Green Arrow for sure, but have heard the other two have fallen off

Malyse

Lets see here:

Howard the Duck
The Vision

Are canceled

Silver Surfer

Never comes out

Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers

Are actually pretty terrible. People just say "But Spencer!!!" when you point it out.

Ms. Marvel
Spider-Man/Deadpool

Are filled with distracting cross overs or fill-in creative teams. If DC pulled that people would be screaming but its Marvel so well just look past that.

You're left with a good five quality books worth reading every month out of 70. So yeah?

Black Panther
Moon Knight
Spider-Woman
The Mighty Thor
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
I'm impressed with the amount of books I'm reading that aren't even listed.

All Star Batman #1 was a good start. The premise is interesting and the art was better than I was expecting. Haven't read a Two Face story for ages either so it'll be interesting to see what Snyder does with him.

Hagi

Wanna bet people cool in he exact same way on rebirth? People are always hype for the newest latest best.

For me that depends on what the first line wide event is. For real though doesn't matter if we get Marvel Now, Here, There or Everywhere it's going to take something big to get me back on board. Un-fucking the X-men books would be a good start.

Owzers

with the way the X-men and Avengers lines are going i don't see myself getting invested in the Marvel universe anytime soon. I still look for fringe titles to buy monthly but save almost all of it for MU.

Phamit

Batman #4

This Story Arc feels like someone is constantly pressing the skip button. I like the issues, but man, the pacing is off

All Star Batman #1

Pretty nice set up, coloring is really good and Batman realized that Robin was a mistake, he nothing but trash

Shame it's just a one shot as it looks pretty cool. I see that is original run has been reprinted is it worth picking up?

Its one of DC's greatest modern runs, yes it is.

Preview hits a lot of nostalgia buttons for me, like if Claremont's X-Men Forever lived up to its name and just kept telling new stories in the vein of the old ways. I live for Amanda Waller shitting on Captain Boomerang in that old briefing room

01-amanda-waller-006.nocrop.w529.h411.jpg

Hagi

Its one of DC's greatest modern runs, yes it is.

Preview hits a lot of nostalgia buttons for me, like if Claremont's X-Men Forever lived up to its name and just kept telling new stories in the vein of the old ways. I live for Amanda Waller shitting on Captain Boomerang in that old briefing room

01-amanda-waller-006.nocrop.w529.h411.jpg

The first volume is really cheap on Amazon so I think I'll pick it up and give it a go. I'm reading Secret Six right now so it should be a good companion. I had a look at the first new 52 run of Suicide Squad at the book store yesterday and yikes seems likes a stinker.

Messi

For me that depends on what the first line wide event is. For real though doesn't matter if we get Marvel Now, Here, There or Everywhere it's going to take something big to get me back on board. Un-fucking the X-men books would be a good start.

People her comfortable with books and stop talking about them. They take great books for granted see Saga or any other long running book.

Owzers

How large does a floppy stack need to be before you start thinking about reading or buying less comics? Floppies only, as trades are never supposed to be read anyways and belong on the shelf.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
DC decided to start putting out good books again when Marvel is putting out mediocre ones. Not surprising that they could steal a month. It'll be interesting to see if they get August, too, and maintain momentum.

Nuperman placing high is impressive. Alot of people giving him a chance it seems.

It's not that Marvel isn't putting out ANY good books so much as all their flagship books seem lame as shit right now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've been generally much more Marvel-heavy all my life, but despite that & DC's iffy movie output... I am excited about DC comics right now.

Feels crazy. I do wish their diversity push was as big as Marvels, though. All my Marvel books are led by women or men of color (+1 synthzoid).

VanWinkle

I've been generally much more Marvel-heavy all my life, but despite that & DC's iffy movie output... I am excited about DC comics right now.

Feels crazy. I do wish their diversity push was as big as Marvels, though. All my Marvel books are led by women or men of color (+1 synthzoid).

Up until June 2015, I was a comic book MOVIE fan, and I liked Marvel way more than DC (except Batman, who I loved). When I got into comics though, I veered towards DC, and now I'm much more into them. At least, when it comes to the comics. I think Marvel is doing way better with the movies up until now.

Top Bottom