• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

If Gorgon wasn't in his fucking chair it'd be him and Logan goin' toe to toe.
Yes and she gained the ability to swap bodies with Devil Dinosaur.

That's pretty sick

Also now that you mention Rogue and Mosaic being sick if Rogue still had Simon in her head...holy shit would that be the best. Mosaic would straight get wrecked.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I got bored so I made a picture list......

08-17-16.jpg

Grid vs. Magneto. Spoilers: Magneto wins because FUCK GRID'S POWERS.

Flint vs. Rockslide.

Ms. Marvel vs. Evan Sabanur.
Kinda wanna see Blackbolt vs Dazzler tbh.

He'd still wreck her without the scream. Even then, his scream is technically a massive blast of electrons, which means he's basically nuking and disassembling everything on a molecular level.

Black Bolt has a stupidly amazing power set.

What. The fuck.
So, Bolt was experimented with Terrigen when he was either a newborn or still in his mother's womb; this lead to him developong his powers at an early age, which ended up being the
manipulation of electrons. Electrons in the MU (according to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) are magic molecules that let you do FUCKING ANYTHING. Including flight (manipulation of gravity electrons), turning living creatures to stone, forging light bridges, making objects out of thin air, physical enhancement, and electron energy blasts. Probably more.

As he got older, Bolt's powers caused electrons to attach themselves to the speech center of his brain. This meant that when he spoke, he was creating a massive explosion of electrons. He also had to use the forked antenna on his head to control the electrons that are attracted to him, otherwise the could overload his brain. Possibly killing him.

So yeah. BB's powers in a nutshell

Tizoc

MAY160305.jpg

I think I shall be getting this from IST along with this

FEB130227.jpg

Any chance they could be cheaper in coming months?

Did Justice League Rebirth really just have the League fight against a
Mass Effect Reaper
as their opening issue, lol? It's just kind of meh at the moment. I really feel that whenever writers get on that book they want to do apocalyptic events as their show starters and it's hard to imagine how the world hasn't fundamentally been changed by the level of these disasters especially when you use terms like "the death toll unimaginable". Build up to your doomsday scenario please.

Green Arrow on the plate next.

Zombine

Banned
Did Justice League Rebirth really just have the League fight against a
Mass Effect Reaper
as their opening issue, lol? It's just kind of meh at the moment. I really feel that whenever writers get on that book they want to do apocalyptic events as their show starters and it's hard to imagine how the world hasn't fundamentally been changed by the level of these disasters especially when you use terms like "the death toll unimaginable". Build up to your doomsday scenario please.

It's shit

So I read Gilbert Hernandez's Julio's Day and thought it was quite brilliant! A 100 page story about the life of Julio who lives to be a hundred, and it starts like this.

It's got family drama and a revenge plotline and body horror and social commentary! The story is told with a very fluid pacing - 1 page can jump forward 20 years and a different 5 pages could concentrate on one afternoon's events. It is anchored to our "realworld" timeline using various wars fought in the last 100 years. The book is also a perfect example of show don't tell. So many undertones can be missed completely if you don't pay attention to the various expressions and glances of people in the background of panels of if you don't read between the lines. And Hernandez also uses a lot of establishing panels to set the scenes so perfectly.

This books has also really got me hyped for the Palomar stories.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
But they are also new. New stories new scenarios. I remember 6 months ago people were singing the praises of Marvels new books. People tire of books and want new always.

Maybe you're right. There are some Marvel books I still look forward too, some arcs have disappointed me though.

DC's "started" off well, probably go to shit though.

Ross61

I already know the writers they signed, but I forgot a lot of artist they signed. I know Mitch Gerads, Joelle Jones, Jesus Merino, and Clay Mann.

John Timms signed on with them at the same time as Mann IIRC.

Edit: Oh right, Shaner and a bunch of others also signed on.

Does Marvel have any exclusive contracts at the moment apart from Kuder?

Gonna try Supergirl this week and I think that's it for me.

I saw it was coming out this week and I recommend Wonder Woman by Perez volume 1 for people who want to get into the character. I'm only a few issues in myself but it's good stuff. Very dense issues.

Gonna try Supergirl this week and I think that's it for me.

I saw it was coming out this week and I recommend Wonder Woman by Perez volume 1 for people who want to get into the character. I'm only a few issues in myself but it's good stuff. Very dense issues.

I might pick this up now I'm done with Vol 1 of Rucka's run.

Ross61

John Timms signed on with them at the same time as Mann IIRC.

Edit: Oh right, Shaner and a bunch of others also signed on.

Does Marvel have any exclusive contracts at the moment apart from Kuder?
I think Nick Spencer, Bendis, Charles Soule, Jeff Lemire, G Willow Willow and I think Dennis Hopeless. Maybe more even.

Cool. Riddler arc in Detective incoming!
MAY160305.jpg

FEB130227.jpg

I could not imagine reading Golden Age comics now.
Sejic doodles from when he rewatched Young Justice:
Digging it

Tizoc

Bergentrückung+Asgore>Megalovania
The latter is a good track indeed but I feel that triggering it makes the track feel out of place compared to the route you played in.

The former fills me
WITH
DETERMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TO THE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

Cool. Riddler arc in Detective incoming!

I could not imagine reading Golden Age comics now.

Digging it

i KINDa want them for their 'historical' aspect, to see how these characters began.

tim1138

MAY160305.jpg

FEB130227.jpg

Golden Age Batman is fun, it's a bit different than what became stereotypical Batman. I've never actually read Golden Age Supes, but anecdotally I've heard he's a bitof a bully in his early days.

Golden Age Batman is fun, it's a bit different than what became stereotypical Batman. I've never actually read Golden Age Supes, but anecdotally I've heard he's a bitof a bully in his early days.

He will merc a fool. Sometimes those mobsters need that ratta tat tat, ya'know I'm saying?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thinl Golden Age Batman holds better up then Superman due to its darker and more serious tone, Superman just gets to silly

Malyse

The injustice comic tie in is pretty good. There's a little bit of a "doomed by canon" deal for anyone not playable in the game, but it's interesting. Sorta like Civil War if they were all just "fuck it, we killing folk."
Superman
makes a great villain.

Top Bottom