• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

VanWinkle

Crazy. Rebirth hasn't been 100% hits for me but it's certainly better than the tail end of New 52. My thing is that I want to start getting some more unique books, like we got a few of with DC You.

I'm really curious how the sales for New Super-Man, Superwoman, BB, and Supergirl will be. Probably waiting to see If the sales only works with established series or if it slides to the new stuff too.

VanWinkle

I'm really curious how the sales for New Super-Man, Superwoman, BB, and Supergirl will be. Probably waiting to see If the sales only works with established series or if it slides to the new stuff too.

Same. I really hope New Super-Man and Superwoman do well. They're great so far.

Crazy. Rebirth hasn't been 100% hits for me but it's certainly better than the tail end of New 52. My thing is that I want to start getting some more unique books, like we got a few of with DC You. Right now, New Super-Man is the only one that really feels different than the standard stuff. (Not to say that standard is a bad thing, when its done well.)
With so many hits I'm expecting the next wave to be crazy. Stuff like LoSH, JSA, maybe even a Animal Man book etc.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just got caught up on the last 2 issues of Rumble in anticipation of the new issue. This book continues to impress. I'm going to have to start including it in the books I recommend

Messi

Batman is the only book they order huge. They are a batman store. Also helps that Shalvey and Bellaire shop and sign stuff there often and they over order on everything Shalvey does. Also the signing means they would have ordered huge anyway.

I'm talking about anything not batman. They get maybe 10 copies of Wonder Woman pre rebirth and it wouldn't sell out. Not many more Harley either.

tim1138

Steve Orlando is the best.

How did you respond to the push back that it was frustrating to have yet another man writing a female character in the DC universe?

STEVE: I didn't see a ton of push back personally is the real answer. Most people who know me know the way that I feel about those things and the amount that I weighed in when it comes to research when it comes to respect for community. As for myself personally, I felt that it was very important to have a female co-creator and I pushed for it very strongly. Sometimes those decisions are out of my hands, but it's something I felt very strongly about. I wanted a female co-creator on the book. We got Emanuela Lupacchino working on Rebirth and she is going to be working Supergirl moving forward. It's not something I ignored. It's something that was important to me since the beginning.
There is not an issue of Supergirl that is not discussed with peers I have in the writing community, with female peers, with people whose perspective matters to me. It's extremely important. But I am here and I want to do the best job possible. But it's still something I am pushing for all the time.

Messi

Guys how would you feel if rape was a part of Wonder Woman's origin?

I'm being kinda serious but not really.

giphy.gif

It got me wondering, how many people who don't know Wonder Woman would prefer a rape origin than a normal clay origin? I would hope not a lot. People still think the clay origin is too out there.

It got me wondering, how many people who don't know Wonder Woman would prefer a rape origin than a normal clay origin? I would hope not a lot. People still think the clay origin is too out there.

The being created from clay story is present in every major mythology around the world. (Greek, Indian, Chinese etc. And the Bible. And the Quran).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hippolyta takes Hercules semen from some tissue and uses it to give birth to Diana in hopes that she could use her to get revenge on man's world.
I mean, I am pretty sure the thought that something like rape was the first idea and they altered into this because they recognized that wasnt a good idea isnt that far fatched.
Imagery at least fits.

Top Bottom