• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

mreddie

Some kind of brainwashing + hallucinations that makes him think he's saving people from monsters instead of graphically murdering them. Gwen shows up in the most recent issue and she's pretty OOC.
it's not very good. Or believable.

What's the worst part about Gwenpool showing up randomly in comics outside of how she's written is that the latest issues of her comic gave her legit superpowers that would be much more interesting to use than the wacky girl Deadpool sans pants she's written as.
Is that why everything is four issues?

Knowing our luck, Deadpool will kill her and it'll end with a metajoke on how the fans wanted this.

mreddie

Fucking read Gwenpool already. FFS. It's the best book marvel puts out
especially since they keep killing good books

Save the good books please. I'm tired of Bendis writing everybody.

The good books that started back with ANAD are getting meh now.

X-Men 2 popped up on Netflix UK recently, so I gave it another watch. It's pretty good, despite it being rather slow and light on action. I checked IMDB and apparently Hank McCoy was in it at some point.

Which ones?

I am looking at this Guy Davis page.

Im thinking some Saint Seiya figures and some Gundams maybe. None of those creepy ass 1000 year old demon girls or whatever

Specifically, I want Virgo Shaka.

RpSkzTp.jpg

Glix

There is nothing I hate more then when creators return to a property and can't find the same voice/style they used in the past. So I was incredibly pleased reading the first volume of Jessica Jones last night.

Its like Alias never stopped. It was really good. I know everyone hates/is tired of Bendis, but I love him and it was really good.

error4041

Black Bolt #4 is just Black Bolt and Absorbing man talking abuot their lives, but it's my favorite issue of the series so far, some legit feels at the end.

Also, wtf at the ending of Jessica Jones?

Messi

There is nothing I hate more then when creators return to a property and can't find the same voice/style they used in the past. So I was incredibly pleased reading the first volume of Jessica Jones last night.

Its like Alias never stopped. It was really good. I know everyone hates/is tired of Bendis, but I love him and it was really good.

I love Bendis

mreddie

I don't hate BMB but his run on Guardians and Iron Man feel off, he's good when he gets to street level characters.

Plus the whole talking in circles thing really pisses me off. And his events suck ass.

I don't hate BMB but his run on Guardians and Iron Man feel off, he's good when he gets to street level characters.

Plus the whole talking in circles thing really pisses me off. And his events suck ass.

Bendis is the only writer I can recognize from seeing random comic pages. His way of writing dialogue is so repetitive and irritating to me now.

It really is.

I don't think it's always bad when a creator returns to a character with a new take, but I fucking LOVE Jessica Jones and it's because the book is basically Alias Vol 2. One of my favourite Marvel books

kmfdmpig

It really is.

I don't think it's always bad when a creator returns to a character with a new take, but I fucking LOVE Jessica Jones and it's because the book is basically Alias Vol 2. One of my favourite Marvel books

Yup. I was skeptical that they'd be able to recapture the magic, but they absolutely did and it's consistently a top-tier book.

Spider-Man #19: I get the point,
having Miles explore if he really should be in Spider-Man at all
, but goddamn this issue was a slog. Also, the weird
agent
meeting with his dad is supposed to be
Maria Hill
, given this week's Jessica Jones?

Jessica Jones #11: Maria Hill history, but also an entire issue that felt like a waiting game.

Nightwing #26: Dick Grayson may have a girlfriend, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have sexual tension with everyone. And that ending, calling back to Grayson! Nice.

Avengers #10: Well that was some dark shit.

Deathstroke #22: So, uh...
is Doctor Light still a rapist
in Rebirth?

Generations Hulk #1: If all of these issues are going to be about the current versions figuring out their issues in relation to past heroes, I'm down with it. Great issue about Cho coming to terms with the Hulk. Perhaps the weird issue of Spider-Man above is a lead-in to Generations Spider-Man.

Glix

What you hate about his writing is why I love Jessica Jones

Sometimes, his writing doesn't hit the mark, but when it hits, it hits it so fucking perfectly.

Powers: Who Killed Retro Girl is one of the most dog eared trades I've ever owned. Its a phenomenal read, and at the time of its release was incredibly fresh.

Malyse

Spider-Man #19: I get the point,
having Miles explore if he really should be in Spider-Man at all
, but goddamn this issue was a slog. Also, the weird
agent
meeting with his dad is supposed to be
Maria Hill
, given this week's Jessica Jones?

Generations Hulk #1: If all of these issues are going to be about the current versions figuring out their issues in relation to past heroes, I'm down with it. Great issue about Cho coming to terms with the Hulk. Perhaps the weird issue of Spider-Man above is a lead-in to Generations Spider-Man.

You're probably right. I was thinking it might have ramifications in Spider-Men II, but Generations is far more probable.
Black Bolt #4 is just Black Bolt and Absorbing man talking abuot their lives, but it's my favorite issue of the series so far, some legit feels at the end.

I'm so concerned about Inhumans missing the mark. Black Bolt is showing that there's legit reasons to be invested in these characters and a unique perspective outside of "X-Men but not really" but Inhumans looks like it's going to terribad.

Top Bottom