• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Sandfox

What is it?
It was already been revealed that he's returning to the Daily Bugle and will be doing something new there. This has lead to speculation that he will either be in charge or take over Robbie's old job.

Would rather have King on Spidey than Spencer.
I wouldn't want King on the book and with Spencer it depends. I don't know how Spencer would write Spider-Man though because the jokes in his more comedic books are at the expense of Protagonists while Spider-Man would have to be written somewhat differently.

Messi

Paul Mounts got his Harley omnis today. Wheeeeeee

utTXnC6r.jpg

Malyse

Supergirl: I kinda think Kara has a more interesting supporting cast than Clark. Plus there's the added fun of a school setting. Anyways, this is a super solid book and I enjoy it. There's just not a ton to say about it.

Squirrel Girl: Why is Captain Marvel being posited as the most powerful superhero again? That being said, fuck squirrels. A squirrel chewed through the fiber optic line and I lost almost $80 cause I couldn't get online. Also, how is this taking place during Secret Empire if she's in Europe as per USAvengers!

The Wicked + The Divine: TBH, I don't know why I'm not trade waiting this, because the story flows much better when you can consume all of it at once. Layers on layers on layers. It's still great and WTAF, but I think it's better to read together than separate.

Titans: Man this team is such a mess! I like it for what it is, but it looks like it's heading into yet another crossover, which I'm not interested in. Sorry, but I just don't care about Dick Grayson.

How is Venomverse and Generations supposed to be stepping away from events?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Godammit, these would go up 2 days after I bought them...
nz0jSzp.png

I've also been wanting this for a long time.
XQAgLa3.png

Fookin' IST.

Thor 184-190

The Thor stretch is amazing, the way the stories bleed into each other has been a nice experience. It first started with Odin warning Thor about Infinity, Thor discovering Infinity is actually the essence of Odin captured by Hela during one of Odin's slumbers. Thor, so distraught at the idea of Odin being Infinity gives up the ghost and proclaims all is lost as non can defeat the All-Father, except Odin (who currently slumbers).
Things are so dire that even Loki sides with Thor, as does the Norn Queen. Odin awakes and saves the day, as is the norm with Thor stories at the moment (sadly), but not before Hela demands Thor's life as tribute. Odin hides Thor on Earth as Dr. Blake (which sadly isn't played out much) so Hela can never find him. Yet, Loki, now that the universe is safe, goes back to his usual ways and betrays Thor's hiding place to Hela.

Hela visits New York and threatens to kill all of Earth unless Thor gives himself up. So Thor does, but then Odin arrives to save the day again, by reluctantly betraying his creed and destroying Hela. Thor suddenly realises the terror of the situation, as with the guardian of death now dead, who is around to control death? Populations grow out of control, insects and trees never die or rot away and the world turns wild. So Thor gives himself up... only for Sif to beg for Thor's life out of love. Hela, touched by this show of affection, allows Thor to live... this time.

They all return back to Asgard having a laugh and a giggle, only to find Loki is wearing the Odin-Ring and is now the ruler of Asgard. How or why Odin left such a ring lying around, I'll never know. I guess he was too busy looking after his other Son to care.

Crazy stuff, but really fun to read and see evolve. I had totally forgotten Stan Lee was still writing Thor. So, that's Thor and Spider-Man he's still writing.

I'm not a fan of Kings Batman in general

The more I think of it, I don't actually recall reading a Batman story that I would seriously consider putting in my list of top 10 superhero runs. (Granted I haven't read a lot of stories, but still).

What would you all say are your favourite Batman runs.

The more I think of it, I don't actually recall reading a Batman story that I would seriously consider putting in my list of top 10 superhero runs. (Granted I haven't read a lot of stories, but still).

I love Morrison's Batman and Robin and Batman Inc and would definitely put either in my top ten

tim1138

Morrison, Alan Grant, and that's pretty much it.

I love Morrison's Batman and Robin and Batman Inc and would definitely put either in my top ten

Englehart
Morrison
Tomasi

Englehart gave us the laughing fish. My favorite bat-comics as a kid, hands down

Morrison, Alan Grant, and that's pretty much it.

True, Morrison and Tomasi/Gleason's runs were pretty decent fun. But they didn't hit great status for me.

Is this Englehart's run?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1563895005/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Alan Grant's was a part of Knightfall right?

Wanderer5

God, the DC sale banner on steam is so outdated.:p New 52 design and the previous DC logo.

*sees Arkham Knight* Siiiiiigh, not sure if I ever want to get around to this. On the other hand, maybe I could finally check out Lego Batman.XD

Huh. Mister Miracle was not at all what I expected. It wasn't a bad comic and Barda is still the best, but the tone of the book so far is a real downer.

Aizo

Banned
I've seen a few comments saying that King's Mister Miracle isn't as bright as Kirby's, and how that is bad.
Do most of you only like happy comics?
I like depressing shit, so this Mister Miracle is great for me.

I've seen a few comments saying that King's Mister Miracle isn't as bright as King's, and how that is bad.

You should maximize the depression output then and read Mister Miracle while listening to Lana Del Rey.

Ms. Marvel: Holy shit. This is so consistently excellent. It's weird though, because the arc of the story in Ms Marvel is a better Secret Empire tie in than the actual tie in that Secret Empire is using Ms Marvel for. Also:
how the fuck do people not know that that's Kamala? I'm head canoning that she slightly changes her size while heroing.

Yeah, I'm going to blame Carol for creating a monster like Lockdown.

I've seen a few comments saying that King's Mister Miracle isn't as bright as King's, and how that is bad.

I mean, only one or two people here didn't like it and they mentioned why they didn't...

Malyse

And Jessica!
Yeah, I'm going to blame Carol for creating a monster like Lockdown.
She really fucked up Kamala's life.

----

I want Lunella to meet Gwenpool and realize that Gwen is actually not crazy re: comic book world. Also, Lunella gets a ton of cameos? Didn't expect to see her in Venom but here we are. I kinda wish Marvel Heroes was like DCEU in the character creation. Strike that, actually I want Marvel Xenoverse.

True, Morrison and Tomasi/Gleason's runs were pretty decent fun. But they didn't hit great status for me.

Is this Englehart's run?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1563895005/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Alan Grant's was a part of Knightfall right?

Looks like it's in there.

I want to say that run lead the charge on bringing some grit and realism back to to the character. It's a short run, but worth it, especially if you're a TAS fan (some elements of the series and certain plots were inspired by these stories).

What

Top Bottom