• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. We're going to be moving this thread into Community later today. I wanted to drop in and let everyone know, so they could subscribe if necessary.

What this means: This thread will stay in community, but all other comic threads continue to be welcome additions to the OT.

So feel free to post anything you think is newsworthy, or even dumb, but funny, related to comics. You aren't required to keep all comic discussion in the community thread. We're happy to have comic book threads in the OT (although certain mods don't love versus threads and we'll crack down on them again if they start consuming OT) and happy to have you guys in those threads discussing the comic news.

But the regular OT for comics has functionally become a community thread, for a set of regular posters. And that's fine, too, except that means it belongs in Community.

I'll be doing the move later today, but wanted to give everyone a heads up before we did it.

"Nature, nurture heaven and home
Sum of all, and by them, driven
To conquer every mountain shown
But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own
Yet I'm helpless by the river."

I'm okay with this, ultimately. It'll make me less inclined to click on comic threads in the OT, so my blood pressure thanks you.

Owzers

Its the place, Where threads go to die.

Also, its not as visible as when it were in Offtopic. Dont expect many new people here...

But the regular OT for comics has functionally become a community thread, for a set of regular posters. And that's fine, too, except that means it belongs in Community.

My argument would be the monthly Comics OT thread is not meant to be for just a regular set of posters and though it's mostly comprised of such there are still regular posts of new people asking about what they should read and what to start with.

Messi

My argument would be the monthly Comics OT thread is not meant to be for just a regular set of posters and though it's mostly comprised of such there are still regular posts of new people asking about what they should read and what to start with.

I doubt that would stop in community. We are quite welcoming. I think anyway. We are no NBA-Gaf

Death of the Family Batman. I'm a dick and no one wants to hang.

A Very ComicGAF Christmas:
alex_ross.gif

Its the place, Where threads go to die.

Also, its not as visible as when it were in Offtopic. Dont expect many new people here...

I must be the only one who uses the search function to find threads relevant to my interests. FigureGAF survived the move to community just fine, and we see new posters all the time.

arkon

Does this mean we're posting in this thread until we hit 20,000 posts? Can we not do the monthly OTs in community?

It's different for WrassleGAF because they would easily get through two OTs in a big month (WrestleMania, Rumble, SummerSlam, etc). FutbolGAF seems to go through threads to the end, whereas NFLGAF has weekly threads.

I think there's enough content to justify monthly threads. I really enjoy Spike's cover collages of the various publishers. If you're having an ongoing thread, we'd have to write a "How to get into comics" mega-post I think, which would be interesting but I don't know how much use it would see. It would also mean the end of voting, and that would be *terrible* kappa.

Maybe we should just dump the OT all together and spread our discussions out between the various "Who would win in a fight, X or Y?" and "Love superhero movies, wanna get into comics, halp!" threads that pop up all the time?

besada

Banned
So, with the move in Community we arent allowed to make monthly threads anymore, am I right?

You are welcome to restart the community thread monthly if you like. Just let a moderator know, so they can shut down the dead thread.

Also, for those concerned about not getting new blood, you're welcome to link the thread when you post a comic book thread on the OT, to let people know the community is there.

Maybe we should just dump the OT all together and spread our discussions out between the various "Who would win in a fight, X or Y?" and "Love superhero movies, wanna get into comics, halp!" threads that pop up all the time?

I like reading actual discussion about comics though, as opposed to lists and #RealityWarping.

Almost through book one of Y The Last Man with the other 4 books waiting on my shelf. It's an addicting read so far. I'm reading it at work on my breaks.

Messi

You are welcome to restart the community thread monthly if you like. Just let a moderator know, so they can shut down the dead thread.

Also, for those concerned about not getting new blood, you're welcome to link the thread when you post a comic book thread on the OT, to let people know the community is there.

But it's not us who usually post the topics outside of here. :(. We don't generally go into those places.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'll die before i post in a who would win in a fight thread.
I dunno, I got a handful of interesting Issues from those threads.

But then again, I get regulary angry because of people who think they know a shit because they have seen a handful of movies and played somes games.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Regarding the move to Community, I always sort of wondered why we weren't there in the first place. COMICS! OT was pretty much the only thread of its kind in Off Topic proper, while all the other threads like it were in Community. It only makes sense, and I really don't think it'll make a difference at all.

I think a good way to allow new blood to come in and still ask for suggestions would probably be to post a link to our thread in the Marvel and DC movie threads saying we'd be happy to offer comics suggestions in the thread. I mean, that's how we get the majority of new people in here anyways. When a new movie comes out we always get the folks coming in asking for suggestions.

Alright... Who snitched.

Kipp.

Sorry. :(

I just wanted to be on the mods' good side. I want them to give me a good tag.

Started Remender omni, love it already. After that it's straight to FF part 2

I'm really starting to regret not buying the Remender Punisher omni when it was $30 shipped on Ebay...

hey guys, how's everyone's December so far?

It's going pretty well, thanks! Been getting more hours at work which is pretty good, and I'm starting to think I might move to Colorado at the beginning of next year which I'm super excited about.
I also really like the fact that we can now post about completely off topic stuff without feeling guilty because Community thread.

Oh, and also, it's totally all rainy and overcast today which is amazing. I literally can't remember the last time the weather was like this.

How has your December been?

I still think it's going to be awesome. I think what people here should do if they're worried about losing the thread is to bookmark it or something.

Can you not subscribe to Community threads or something?

the irc is making a comeback!

Liar! I just popped in there and it was only me and Q.

tim1138

More artists wives to write big books incoming

get ready for Mrs. Jim Lee's Green Lantern Adventures

"niggas say we need gender diversity on the staff, but I aint about to talent scout. Hey, honey! You want to write a comic book!?"

In my current fever dream state this almost sounds like an upgrade, clearly I need to go back to bed.

frye

"each of the three new titles was to be written by a woman. Unfortunately, there was none presently writing for Marvel, so Thomas improvised. He drafted his wife, Jeanie, Hulk artist Herb Trimpe’s new wife, Linda Fite, and comic conventioneer Phil Seuling’s wife, Carole. Lee came up with all three concepts the same day, and the titles spoke for themselves: Night Nurse, The Claws of the Cat, and Shanna the She-Devil."

hey, it happened before!

"each of the three new titles was to be written by a woman. Unfortunately, there was none presently writing for Marvel, so Thomas improvised. He drafted his wife, Jeanie, Hulk artist Herb Trimpe’s new wife, Linda Fite, and comic conventioneer Phil Seuling’s wife, Carole. Lee came up with all three concepts the same day, and the titles spoke for themselves: Night Nurse, The Claws of the Cat, and Shanna the She-Devil."

hey, it happened before!

ayy lmao

oh, comic book industry

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
This got moved to Community? Chances are high I'll rarely ever post again simply because I don't see the thread popping up.

Dammit Kipp you doomed us all to the OT basemen!

This is clearly because the Marvel biased mods didnt like out GOTY voting and are trying to silence us!

In other news my iPad Air 2 came in. 128gbs ready for comic downloads!

Owzers

Dammit Kipp you doomed us all to the OT basemen!

This is clearly because the Marvel biased mods didnt like out GOTY voting and are trying to silence us!

In other news my iPad Air 2 came in. 128gbs ready for comic downloads!

on the plus side, i like my ipad air 2 for reading comics.

on the downside, the vibrations the tablet makes when the speakers are being used drives me nuts.

CBTech

This got moved to Community? Chances are high I'll rarely ever post again simply because I don't see the thread popping up.

I subscribe to threads I plan on keeping up with. Funny thing is that I sometimes have to remember to check the normal forums for new threads since I get stuck just reading my subscribed threads.

I don't think the move will be too bad. I'm glad it was in Off-topic since these threads popping up every month got me into reading comics. Hopefully new people will still find these threads.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
IST has updated!

Edit: OH HELL YES! This week is Batmanga week! That is definitely going in my next order.

besada

Banned
We're moved. Welcome to your new home.

Spike, whenever you need a thread closed, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Messi

We're moved. Welcome to your new home.

Spike, whenever you need a thread closed, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Did we insult a higher up?

Do we read to many dc books?

Is it because that guy bought all of Nocenti's Catwoman today?

Pls :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom