• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

You know what's awesome? Eating ravioli, drinking a cranberrita and reading Blakents. This is my favorite way to spend my evenings :)

Cade

Lol the worst part is that I have it and it's still out. It's bagged and boarded but I haven't put it away.

Just... don't put it on the floor. I don't know why any comics are on the floor ever but that would break me. Best variant.

A community move huh?.... I hope we still get new posters in. I feel like its easier to pop in to a thread on regular off topic than a community thread.

Also, you're so lucky that you get to think of 3 in the morning as the middle of the night. I have to think of 3 in the morning as the time when I'm making breakfast before work. Hmmph.
Yeah but what will happen when you move to Colorado and get a more normal job? You can start thinking of 3 am as the time you should really get to sleep like the rest of us!

the struggles of people who buy floppies in the digital age brehs
mjlol.png

MG310

My Strangers in Paradise omnibus also got the suspended in mid-box plastic wrap treatment. I think the box itself could hold 5 or more of them.

Way to step up Amazon. Big step up from the "You don't even get a whole box, you get a piece of cardboard wrapped around the book" they used to do.

I won 150 dollars on a scratch-off ticket today. Miiiiiiiiiight have to blow it on the Steranko Artist's Edition. Though there is a gigantic lightpad/box on sale at Jerry's Artarama for 120...

fauxtrot

Banned
You better learn to change your ways if you start dating a girl :p that shit won't fly lol

You're also talking to an Italian person. I basically bleed pasta.

Do you call pasta sauce gravy? When I watched The Sopranos, that always weirded me out.

Disclaimer: I know all Italians aren't mobsters.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm psyched for the Suicide Squad movie because Ayer is a great director and it's literally my favorite superhero team and maybe it means we FINALLY get some proper reprints of the Ostrander run but I'm so fucking worried now that Will Smith is in there because isn't he the guy with a bus full of his own writers fucking up movies to make him look good?

fertygo

I'm psyched for the Suicide Squad movie because Ayer is a great director and it's literally my favorite superhero team and maybe it means we FINALLY get some proper reprints of the Ostrander run but I'm so fucking worried now that Will Smith is in there because isn't he the guy with a bus full of his own writers fucking up movies to make him look good?

Deadshot supposed to own in SQ anyway =p

Fuck, last night was awful. I got up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom and I slipped on a ton of floppies. It's gotten bad. I need to go 100% digital but I still feel that obligation to my LCS. What'll happen when I vanish? Maybe they'll think I died? Maybe I'm putting too much stock in my importance in the world and they won't even know?
Cut the cord. They'll live without you. My shop did. Comics is so much better when it's digital + trades. No ads, no commute to buy comics, not suckered into variant covers that you discard after a viewing or two, everything stays in good condition, and no board,bag,organization nonsense

Cut the cord. They'll live without you. My shop did. Comics is so much better when it's digital + trades. No ads, no commute to buy comics, not suckered into variant covers that you discard after a viewing or two, everything stays in good condition, and no board,bag,organization nonsense

I'm doing this next year for sure. Gonna use some of my tax return for a nice tablet, then no more floppies. HHHHHNNNNNGGGGG

CBTech

My Galaxy Tab S came in today. Comics are friggin' beautiful on this thing. Now if Comixology will only fix that bug that flips pages upside down then back everytime you change pages...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Lol the worst part is that I have it and it's still out. It's bagged and boarded but I haven't put it away.

I legit know that feel, Zombine. I need to get a tablet...

Y'all fellas are not holding down the physical front at all. Don't you love that feeling of heading over to the comic shop on Wednesday, grabbing your pull and realizing they left out the only books you actually wanted to read, navigating those stank-ass isles trying to get to your books, sifting through copies looking for a not fucking creased/ripped/beat up one?

Fuck it, ViewtifulJC is right.

Y'all fellas are not holding down the physical front at all. Don't you love that feeling of heading over to the comic shop on Wednesday, grabbing your pull and realizing they left out the only books you actually wanted to read, navigating those stank-ass isles trying to get to your books, sifting through copies looking for a not fucking creased/ripped/beat up one?

Fuck it, ViewtifulJC is right.

me I personally love not reading comics while i eat to lower the risk of spilling food on my pages, or touching the pages with grease. Or accidentally setting them down on a wet surface. That shit's awesome. Fuck digital.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
me I personally love not reading comics while i eat to lower the risk of spilling food on my pages, or touching the pages with grease. Or accidentally setting them down on a wet surface. That shit's awesome. Fuck digital.

Rainy days at the comic shop are hell. I've seen fools flood books shaking off rain like dumb dogs in the middle of a shop.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Kipp! Kipp!

I like your avatar. Also yours, Fauxtrot. I usually have avatars switched off at work so I didn't notice it before, don't know if you changed it recently or not. Anyway. Johann is awesome.

Comic book day. And the run up to Christmas. Wednesdays are always a good day, December gets me in a good mood, I think I'm going to go through today with a super positive mental attitude.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah but what will happen when you move to Colorado and get a more normal job? You can start thinking of 3 am as the time you should really get to sleep like the rest of us!

I'd be living the dream, man!

My Strangers in Paradise omnibus also got the suspended in mid-box plastic wrap treatment. I think the box itself could hold 5 or more of them.

Way to step up Amazon. Big step up from the "You don't even get a whole box, you get a piece of cardboard wrapped around the book" they used to do.

I won 150 dollars on a scratch-off ticket today. Miiiiiiiiiight have to blow it on the Steranko Artist's Edition. Though there is a gigantic lightpad/box on sale at Jerry's Artarama for 120...

Nice! I'm glad you got to experience that awesome shipping quality as well. I was so impressed.

And congrats on the scratch-off ticket, too! Buy something good.

Kipp! Kipp!

I like your avatar. Also yours, Fauxtrot. I usually have avatars switched off at work so I didn't notice it before, don't know if you changed it recently or not. Anyway. Johann is awesome.

Thanks!

Messi

Also... I finally finished reading Chew Vol. 8 the other day... noticed this

God Hates Astronauts Star Fighter shirt

Yeah they have olive wear different comic/pop culture t-shirts. They had her in a lying cat shirt a few issues back and the threadless pac man shirt.

I bought the Harley power girl space variant today. Also the Madman 3D special.

The cover for the revival HC is just gorgeous and matches the first one perfectly. I also touched the Saga HC and it was so pretty but it was €50 and I ain't no fool.

Yeah they have olive wear different comic/pop culture t-shirts. They had her in a lying cat shirt a few issues back and the threadless pac man shirt.

I bought the Harley power girl space variant today. Also the Madman 3D special.

The cover for the revival HC is just gorgeous and matches the first one perfectly. I also touched the Saga HC and it was so pretty but it was €50 and I ain't no fool.

I'm glad someone else bought this.. I've never read any Madman but this book was glorious. Enjoy

Do you call pasta sauce gravy? When I watched The Sopranos, that always weirded me out.

Disclaimer: I know all Italians aren't mobsters.

It's gravy! It's not pasta sauce, its gravy!

Though I have a theory that calling it gravy is a Southern Italian and or Sicilian thing. My family is mostly Southern Italian/Sicilian and we call it gravy. A few of my friends whose families are more Northern Italian call it sauce. Almost every one of Southern Italian, or Sicilian decent I know calls it gravy.

I never watched the Sopranos myself but it makes sense they would call it gavy on that, since most mafia people in the US came from Sicily or around there.

tim1138

I know a bunch of you read Grayson, so can someone confirm that it really is a riff off the old
Robin Dies at Dawn!
story or if that's just Rich projecting.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Are Comixology downloads really slow (or is it just my connection)?
I have really slow downloads depending on the time of day. I find it really inconsistent. On an ipad for reference.

Other services such as steam, XBL, amazon prime, torrents have great D/L rates so I dont think its my net.

On my ipad they are done in about 30 seconds.

I have really slow downloads depending on the time of day. I find it really inconsistent. On an ipad for reference.

Other services such as steam, XBL, amazon prime, torrents have great D/L rates so I dont think its my net.

It might be just the time of day, then. I was trying to download at about 9:00 PM yesterday, and one issue took 5 mins+.

Cheska

The beauty of digital comics: not having to go out in the rain to buy your comics! I can stay cuddled up in bed with my fur babies, and read the day away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom