• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sZE0eq4.jpg

Bii

Yikes!

First Wednesday without a new Marvel book purchase in like 25 years for me. Lot of stuff got wait listed but no ESSENTIAL
MUST
READ
TODAYs

Two DCs, for scorekeepers at home.
One Image
Three Valiant
One Dark Horse

Not even Guardians 3000? It's what I picked up with Low today.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gaaah. This is driving me crazy.
Any time I do heavy exercise (which is every other day, so it's kind of a big issue), I get crazy brain fog for the rest of the day and can't focus on anything (most significantly, I can't enjoy reading at all).

I really wanted to read a bunch of comics today, and read a lot more of The Rum Diary (I just started my third read of it. It's kind of becoming a tradition to read it every winter) which I was enjoying so much pre-exercise, but then I went for a run (couldn't bike because of the glorious rain, which is lame) and everything is ruined for the rest of the day.

This post sponsored by Parentheses!

Read Thor: God of Thunder today. 'Twas good. Loved the librarian.

Haha yes. That was the highlight for me as well.

This week is pretty small for me too, this is from my DCBS order so far.
BATMAN THE JIRO KUWATA BATMANGA TP VOL 01
JUST THE TIPS HC

BATMAN ETERNAL #35
GRAYSON #5
GOTHAM ACADEMY #3
LOW #5
I thought it might have been a glitch or something.

This past week I have started reading Jodorowsky and Moebius' 'The Incal'. Anyone else read it or any of Jodorowsky's other works? What are your thoughts oh wise ComicsGaf?

Now that you ( / we?) are in community this is acceptable behaviour right? People won't get scared away, right? Seeing as this is ComicGaf and not just Marvel&DCGaf I felt this was the right place to ask.

Everyone around here who has read The Incal enjoys The Incal, especially cuz its probably the most "straightforward" of either Moebius or Jodorowsky major comic work

All of my Black Friday IST orders arrived today.

This past week I have started reading Jodorowsky and Moebius' 'The Incal'. Anyone else read it or any of Jodorowsky's other works? What are your thoughts oh wise ComicsGaf?

Now that you ( / we?) are in community this is acceptable behaviour right? People won't get scared away, right? Seeing as this is ComicGaf and not just Marvel&DCGaf I felt this was the right place to ask.

I read it for the first time last month and loved it. Great art and great world building too.

Owzers

I like the build quality of the ipad 3 more than ipad air 2, maybe things can be too light/thin. I don't like how the air 2's bezel edge is raised, there is a rigid sharpness to it. The back aluminum feels too "thin", the tablet vibrates when the speakers are used, there are more smudge marks noticeable on the black bezel cover and back apple. I'm going to have to read a serious amount of comics on it to see if i'm keeping it or not.

Strangers in Paradise omnibus arrived today. That is one solid brick of paper.... I should be able to start digging in this weekend. I'm finishing up the last few story quests in Dragon Age.

GH still MIA?

Vyer

I like the build quality of the ipad 3 more than ipad air 2, maybe things can be too light/thin. I don't like how the air 2's bezel edge is raised, there is a rigid sharpness to it. The back aluminum feels too "thin", the tablet vibrates when the speakers are used, there are more smudge marks noticeable on the black bezel cover and back apple. I'm going to have to read a serious amount of comics on it to see if i'm keeping it or not.

I'd like to see the 6 edges on the Air.

Disagree about 'too light/thin' though, at least in tablets. When the iPad dropped that weight to the Air it was a game changer.

Cheska

Did no one else pick up Angela today? I just wrapped the issue up, and thought it was pretty good stuff.

Strangers in Paradise omnibus arrived today. That is one solid brick of paper.... I should be able to start digging in this weekend. I'm finishing up the last few story quests in Dragon Age.

GH still MIA?

YAY so can we start the Strangers in Paradise group read now?

fauxtrot

Banned
the ironic thing is that drawing's fucking rad

Too many He-Man Woman Haters in this world! ;)

But f'real, this may be Marvel's first superheroine that doesn't look like she'd die in childbirth without an enormous rack. This body type is common more common than the under-fed model and the large assets / tiny waist... I'm glad it's finally being portrayed.

dan2026

I think I've said this before, but Chew would be the darkest book if it weren't for Guillory's art.

His art is so damn good, its almost unreal.

I wish more comics wouldn't strive for realism over style.
Good cartooning is a dying art.

Kipp

ReAxion

I must have been trying to explain to someone the premise of Chew and they were making this appalled face and that's when I realized this.

"No! It's funny, I swear! I'm not deranged
that you know
"

Owzers

I'd like to see the 6 edges on the Air.

Disagree about 'too light/thin' though, at least in tablets. When the iPad dropped that weight to the Air it was a game changer.

oh i want it to be light and thin, but it can't vibrate when the speakers are being used, that's fairly unacceptable for me.

fauxtrot

Banned
His art is so damn good, its almost unreal.

I wish more comics wouldn't strive for realism over style.
Good cartooning is a dying art.

Even if CM Punk's story in the upcoming Thor Annual sucks, at least it'll have Rob Guillory's art! I'm excited to see his first work for Marvel.

I don't know if anyone here backed the Kickstarter for Wakfu but they just sent out the Comixology codes for the first two volumes of the manga (although it's technically French so I dunno why it's called manga).

Mindwipe

Just looking at the recent sales and Spiderverse has been pretty mediocre but not too bad. They seem to be attracting more than just Spider fans. Death of Wolverine doing better is another level of WTF.

Just FYI, Walking Dead was the top seller for October. Image still a long way from market dominance, but they're starting to make a bigger dent.

Honestly I suspect we only see about a third of the story now with digital sales.

I know Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye has been the top or second top selling comic in iBooks for several months now, and I believe it's consistently been in the top five in some territories in Comixology for some time (Japan loves it in particular).

It might well sell five times the print run digitally. Likewise, I suspect Image is selling much better in trade or digitally.

fauxtrot

Banned
So I have two days to read like 18 issues of Preacher.

I'm going to get left behind and everyone is going to be discussing SiP without me and life will be meaningless.

Step your funnybooks game up, son!

But seriously, let me know when you guys start reading SiP because I'm gonna join in on the book-club fun.

Kipp

Step your funnybooks game up, son!

But seriously, let me know when you guys start reading SiP because I'm gonna join in on the book-club fun.

I'm trying my best here!

And cool! Glad you're gonna join us!

dan2026

Honestly I suspect we only see about a third of the story now with digital sales.

I know Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye has been the top or second top selling comic in iBooks for several months now, and I believe it's consistently been in the top five in some territories in Comixology for some time (Japan loves it in particular).

It might well sell five times the print run digitally. Likewise, I suspect Image is selling much better in trade or digitally.

That's because Transformers is the dog's bollocks, the mutt's nutts and the bee's knees, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom