• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

On the other hand, Detective Comics was kind of a bore. The art is just so fantastic but I'm kinda getting over it. I can look at cool pictures of Batman anytime. I might be dropping this.

Sounds like Manapul/Buccaleto didn't change their M.O. from Flash then, all style and no substance.

Messi

They should get Stjepan Sejic on Rat Queens. All this fan art he is doing this week.

10846284_359031424269879_7849685106545768562_n.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Velvet is easily one of my favorite non-cape books of the year. If you liked CA:TWS and you're not reading this book, you're doing something wrong.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. That
peyote hallucination
issue of Preacher after the Salvation arc. Too good.
I really think Preacher is my favorite comics run of all time. I have a feeling I'll be re-reading this yearly. The best part about having a terrible memory is that re-reading things more than a few months after I first read them is like reading it for the first time all over again.

Hype can cloud even the strongest Jedi's intuition.

Speaking of Jedi, it's been a while since Jedeye was around these parts.

Messi

Messi you know there are better lady books than Rat Queens. X-Men by Wood is even better than that.

I have no problems with Rat Queens other than its release schedule. It's makes me smile with how immature it is. It's not a bad comic by any means. Yes the Roc stuff is messed up. But he isn't drawing anymore (yes he still gets money). It's clearly resonated with alot of people.

Just get it out monthly. Please.

Oh and I meant Secret Six is tumblr shite. Like most of Gails recent work. Not Velvet. That's the second best book this year. 3rd if we count Sunstone

Speaking of Jedi, it's been a while since Jedeye was around these parts.

He's banned atm, he'll be back next month I think.

And anymore impressions on that new Angela book? I was slightly interested in it (all about the girl comix) but I don't know if I'd actually like it.

Zombine

Banned
Oh and I meant Secret Six is tumblr shite. Like most of Gails recent work. Not Velvet. That's the second best book this year. 3rd if we count Sunstone

Batgirl is also Tumblr shite, but it's pretty Tumblr Shite and I enjoy it thus far. What is the best book of the year though?

Aah. Can't say I'm too surprised that he got banned. I like the guy, but he's very passionate about his opinions. Haha

If I recall what he got banned for correctly, I'm shocked he didn't end up perma'd. But that's neither here nor there.

We all know Superior Foes was the best book this year, so the real debate is over the second best book. That's a tough one for sure.

Zombine

Banned
We all know Superior Foes was the best book this year, so the real debate is over the second best book. That's a tough one for sure.

2014 was a gigantic year for books in general. I would go as far as to say that it was much more exciting than gaming or film.

2014 was a gigantic year for books in general. I would go as far as to say that it was much more exciting than gaming or film.

It was a good ass year, but better than gaming is pushing it for me.

This year alone I had Bayonetta 2, Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost, two awesome Persona spinoffs, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros, a new Shinji Mikami game, Mario Kart, a new Street Fighter revision, and there's a new Guilty Gear coming out in like two weeks. It's gonna be a long time before the planets align like this for me again.

Zombine

Banned
It was a good ass year, but better than gaming is pushing it for me.

This year alone I had Bayonetta 2, Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost, two awesome Persona spinoffs, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros, a new Shinji Mikami game, Mario Kart, a new Street Fighter revision, and there's a new Guilty Gear coming out in like two weeks. It's gonna be a long time before the planets align like this for me again.

You so deleted me on psn btw. It probably has to do with me not being Zombine

Messi

Nah man, I don't delete anyone. You got the Strider avatar right?

Can you tell me what my avatar is and if you can see my real name. I messed with settings last night and I think I fucked up.

Kipp doesn't support the industry so he doesn't buy floppies. Even for hellboy.

Can you tell me what my avatar is and if you can see my real name. I messed with settings last night and I think I fucked up.

Kipp doesn't support the industry so he doesn't buy floppies. Even for hellboy.

It still shows your green poop avatar with your PSN ID, so nothing's changed.

Isn't Injustice free for PS+ this month? We should try and have a session sometime. I don't have a stick for my PS4 but I think I could do Shazam on pad.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

HNNNNNNG. This NEEDS to happen.

Hey Kipp,
I know you love your Hellboy. Did you read Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1952 #1???

Nah, sorry. I'm a filthy trade-waiter. I'm super excited to read it when it gets released in one of Dark Horse's fantastic hardcovers though. Hopefully the initial release is hardcover rather than it being released first as a TPB and then collected in a Library Edition in a couple years.
I love young Hellboy though and I absolutely love the idea of Maleev doing Hellboy, so the hardcover release really can't come soon enough. It'll be a long wait. Haha
I saw that you enjoyed it though! How was Maleev's art? Was it as insanely awesome as I expect it to be?

Wiktor

God. The new Green Arrow run is so damn bad. I think I will give it one more issue, but unless there's a miracle that will be the point where I drop off :(

Messi

It still shows your green poop avatar with your PSN ID, so nothing's changed.

Isn't Injustice free for PS+ this month? We should try and have a session sometime. I don't have a stick for my PS4 but I think I could do Shazam on pad.

Hmm I have a different profile picture. How do I get rid of the poop and use my custom one

Hmm I have a different profile picture. How do I get rid of the poop and use my custom one

You can only show your custom avatar with those you shared your real name with

Unless you're talking about an avatar you got off PSN, which you can just change somewhere in the settings and anyone can see it

Messi

You can only show your custom avatar with those you shared your real name with

Unless you're talking about an avatar you got off PSN, which you can just change somewhere in the settings and anyone can see it

Ah so that's why I can see one or two of you guys and no one else. It's fine. I didn't want to know the real you anyway :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom