• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read infinity and all the issues leading up to it. That was some A+++ comic bookin'. Hickman had so many strings to pull but it all came together nicely. The part where
Thor's hammer blasts through a builder was fucking great.

Pax Americana is... wow. Moore's gonna be pissed.
If Watchmen is Follow the Leader
then Pax Americana is Illmatic.

We're now living in a post Pax Americana America. Breathe it in brehs

fake edit: Fuck Alan Moore

or maybe it gets us locked down, several key members banned, and becomes a shell of its former self like NBAGAF
I still pour one out for former NBAGAF and Footy GAF.

fake edit: does Blackace still post? I haven't seen him since

triple fake edit: damn Miller looks rough. Hope his health improves.

How old is Morrison these days?

either 54 or 54,000, I'm not sure. Pls refer to the Seven Soldiers reading order for more information

morrisonmethod.jpg

Now I'm thinking about Stan Lee being 91...Stan can't die, man :(

MG310

Guys, I don't think the Official Omnibus Reading Position is going to be sufficient.

I feel like I need a podium or something to read this at. It's 13x19x2.5 and weighs 14 pounds.

Also the Marvel book Taschen just put out is about 200 pages longer and is 15x 20 x 4.5 inches...might have to pick that up next time there's a good B&N coupon.

frye

Young Morrison is probably GOAT but Clay Mann is pretty underrated on the handsome comics creator scale imo

Young Morrison is probably GOAT but Clay Mann is pretty underrated on the handsome comics creator scale imo

back on the X-boards, Clay Mann won more "X-Artists on the Year" awards than anybody, I think it was mostly an excuse to just post more pictures of him

1623679-59851_451090609112_829669112_4877638_4216640_n.jpg

frye

The man looks good

Paul_Pope.jpg

Here's Paul Pope, the quintessential rock star cartoonist, with some strategic unbuttons

MG310

My mind just simply can't accept a smiling Grant Morrison because Wizard spent years publishing that same picture of him.

I think I'm gonna put the blame on Tyrant Rave for this MidnightGAF digression. Thanks Rave.

Also, I think Jordie Bellaire is adorable on top of a masterful job of coloring half a dozen books at the same time

edit: and the artist from all those Ron Marz Top Cow books, Laura Braga? Yeah she's hot

guess I have a thing for female artists in this pose

frye

I think I'm gonna put the blame on Tyrant Rave for this MidnightGAF digression. Thanks Rave.

Also, I think Jordie Bellaire is adorable on top of a masterful job of coloring half a dozen books at the same time

my dude... (her workload last year but still)

Jordie Bellaire said:
I remember days where I didn't sleep at all, and then I'd catch up and get six hours after two or three days. In September I was a zombie. It was an awful time. After that I met Matt Hollingsworth in person for the first time. He said to me, "How many books are you coloring, like 17?" I looked at him and said, "Who told you?" He'd been kidding. "Are you serious? Jordan, you should not be coloring 17 books."

jordie is hard fucking core

e: okay we doing ladies now?
Marjorie_Liu.jpg

Marjorie Liu should do some more comics I think

arkon

Yeah, and you can tell that the planets that they'll be exploring are going to be incredible. This is also easily the most different I've seen Fraction's writing get, and he has to be busting ass to get these dense scripts to read so well.

Also, I have no clue what this Antistar book by Ales Kot and Christian Ward is, but I'm 100% in.

It was one of those projects he announced ages ago:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09...i-star-about-an-islamic-transgender-pop-star/

Can't remember if he goes into more detail in the podcast.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
my dude... (her workload last year but still)

jordie is hard fucking core

e: okay we doing ladies now?
Marjorie_Liu.jpg

Marjorie Liu should do some more comics I think

Pretty sure she's married to Junot Diaz. Damn you, Junot Diaz.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

edit: and the artist from all those Ron Marz Top Cow books, Laura Braga? Yeah she's hot

Was gonna post cute Babs Tarr but went with this instead:
sdcc16.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
Matt and Chip are pretty good looking gents too, and Babs Tarr is my current comics crush. Dem hipster chicks, man...

Would it be weird to ask for a signature where my cleavage would be (if I had any) the next time I go to a con and one of these hunks are present?

Matt and Chip are pretty good looking gents too, and Babs Tarr is my current comics crush. Dem hipster chicks, man...

Would it be weird to ask for a signature where my cleavage would be (if I had any) the next time I go to a con and one of these hunks are present?
agreed on all fronts

chip_zdarsky.jpg

does... does brandon graham lurk

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sorry for the digression.

James Franco is Jesse Custer in AMC's Preacher.

;)

Wait, is he actually cast or are you just saying you think he'd be good for the role?

I hope TV series of Preacher great enough so I don't need to read it.

Come at me, didn't like the art.

You.
Get out.

Crossed is basically where folks go to shit out ideas.

I was hanging with Ennis one night and I was like "Why the hell do you do these Avatar books?"

He was just gave me a weird look and moved on to something else.

I was really fucking drunk!

Lol. That is hilarious.

If you like 60s comics, definitely check out Batmanga. I've only read one chapter so far but I'm really digging it.

I'm so excited to get that whenever I place my next IST order (which might be all the way in January...). It looks awesome.

Here's Paul Pope, the quintessential rock star cartoonist, with some strategic unbuttons

I love that he looks exactly like all the characters he draws.

I thought Shaft #1 was good. I wasn't planning on picking it up, I've never seen the movie or anything. My LCS guy suggested it and said he thought it was going to be a strong book. The art looked great,, and the Francavilla cover sold me on it.
I enjoyed it, the art is really good. Story was really good. A good #1. I'll be checking out the next couple issues

Gotham Academy #3 was a good issue,,, starting to get its backbone.

Gotham Academy 1 was pretty decent. the art stood out to me especially though, it's very similar to a high quality animated series. i'd love to watch a weekly cartoon like this.

writing reminds me a lot of harry potter. seems like this is gotham's hogwarts. will read the second issue tomorrow.

Tizoc

Secret Six #1 was rather slow, but hopefully it'll pick up in later issues. I suspected that
the lady in the gown was Ventriloquist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom