• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refresher course.

Spoilers. In the age of digital comics, they are increasingly becoming an issue in these threads, as the drive to be first to discuss the week's releases overrides common sense and good posting etiquette. So over the coming weeks and months, the members of Comic GAF will be collaborating on and will eventually be implementing a system of general rules for avoiding spoilers on new comics in the Comics OT thread. But for now, please abide by the temporary guidelines outlined below. And remember, you are being watched and judged by your peers.

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release. (NOTE: Longer? -Spike)
6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.

In short, don't be Stephanie Brown. Don't be... The Spoiler. For one thing, you're not that loveable. >:|
[/quote]

GAMEPROFF

Banned
4 Weeks should be the minimum for spoiler-heavy stuff like Pax Americana.

After that, we can be more open, tradewaiter like me shouldnt be especially treated then.

But since you shouldnt be a dick, put a spoiler on big twists and stuff like this.

And I got still no PN. Nobody likes me :( Is it because I read the wrong books? :(

B4GzipZCUAAmADC.jpg

iZombie screen cap from the pilot minus the pizza.

Edit- more.

B35rpdCIMAALb6H.jpg

Messi

4 Weeks should be the minimum for spoiler-heavy stuff like Pax Americana.

After that, we can be more open, tradewaiter like me shouldnt be especially treated then.

But since you shouldnt be a dick, put a spoiler on big twists and stuff like this.

And I got still no PN. Nobody likes me :( Is it because I read the wrong books? :(

I recommend a 2 month spoiler limit on all Harley issues. I wouldn't want all the Hijinks to get spoiled on my fellow hijinks enthusiasts.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I recommend a 2 month spoiler limit on all Harley issues. I wouldn't want all the Hijinks to get spoiled on my fellow hijinks enthusiasts.

Messi, I preordered today the Harley Quinn Trade because the book won two threads ago :D I want to get into hijinks, too :D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished the second Lil Gotham tpb on my bus ride home from work. That was the best non Grant Morrison Batman comic DC has published in years.

I'm definitely going to be picking up the trade soon. It looks like massive fun.

iunno, we've had this discussion in the past and 1-week was more or less what people agreed on (Spike wondering if it should be longer has been in the OP for a long time now and no one seems to mind?). Of course you want to be conscientious to a degree but if waiting for (especially DC) trades is grounds to keep things in spoiler tags forever I think that's a bit silly.

I always spoiler specific plot stuff, even if I'm reading a book that's two decades old (see Preacher posts), because there's always going to be new people reading a book and it takes half a second to put a spoiler tag there and not ruin something for someone else. The last thing I want to do is make a comic I love less enjoyable for someone else.
So yeah, that's where I stand on the issue. I know that the actual rules aren't as all-encompassing as that, but it'd be nice as a general courtesy.
With that said, I'm tradewaiting Multiversity and super looking forward to it. Luckily I was just skimming posts and read fauxtrot's post before I read yours, so no problems.

Today I read some 90s comics.

Hellboy just keeps getting better, and the fourth trade, The Right Hand of Doom, is my favorite yet. "Box Full of Evil" would probably be my single favorite Hellboy story to date even without
"Is that a monkey? "He's got a gun!" "BLAM BLAM"
, and "Heads" and "The Vârcolac" are also great stories. Oh, and "Pancakes," too.

I also read IDW's first trade of The Maxx. You can tell that the MTV series based off the material in this book was adapted very faithfully - they're basically identical, although I really enjoy both. It's very 90s in the character design and such, but it's got its own quirks and a good sense of humor. Even if I don't pick up another Maxx trade, this one's a keeper.

Vyer

Send me some gotdamn PMs!

Also, I'm up to date on New Avengers but haven't been reading anything else. Guess I'm about to dive into AXIS. Anything I need other than the main series?

Messi

The best weeks are when Grayson and Gotham Academy come out on the same day.

I like when Batgirl and Gotham Academy ship on the same week. Or Batman/Harley on the same week. But they are usually a week apart. When batman comes out I always assume its one week to Harley.

Already own the Absolute Edition of Top Ten. Love it. :D

It's pretty much "What Alan Moore book do I read next?"
So what have you read so far? Promethea is pretty fun with the J H Williams III art and a theme that gets trippy but is fun

Tom strong is pulpy fun comic

League of extraordinary gentlemen is fun but more rewarding if you are familiar with the original literature he's mashing together

From Hell is his secret awesome book out there. Watchmen, V for vendetta and swamp thing get the attention but this book is right up there

Already own the Absolute Edition of Top Ten. Love it. :D

It's pretty much "What Alan Moore book do I read next?"

Top Ten
Swamp Thing
Superman Annual #11
Supreme
Captain Britain
Watchmen
Miracleman
V for Vendetta
A Small Killing
From Hell
League of Extradnority Gentlemen
Promethea
Dem struggle 90s Image comics not-named-Supreme

Work your way through that

So what have you read so far?

Top Ten, From Hell, V For Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and obviously Watchmen.

And I actually have both of the Miracleman hardcovers Marvel put out, I just haven't read them yet. I will, I just wanna grab something new as well.

New moon knight team incoming

We'll wrap for the week with Sasquatch by Night, who asks, "2014 has been a great year for Moon Knight fans, with first Ellis and Shalvey and now Wood and Smallwood redefining the character. How would you describe what 2015 has in store for Moon Knight?"

Alonso: We'll be announcing the team for the next chapter of "Moon Knight" very soon…

Finally, Fraction/Aja/Hollingsworth Moon Knight vol. numbers #1, coming in 2016

speaking of which, Breevort said the next volume of Hawkeye is coming out in March whether them niggas are done with the first volume or not, so I'm sure that won't be confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom