• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm sorry for my uncivil outburst. That is all.

It's cool. I don't like it when people on here get upset, but I do always appreciate the fact that they're passionate enough about comics to get upset. Comics are some good stuff.
On a similar note, I wish I was passionate about things to get upset about them.

I demand record of your dramatic reading if you ever do that.

Wait, like an audio recording of me reading the dialogue or what?
I'd be up for this. My monotone voice would be perfect for the outrageous 90s dialogue.

It's cool. I don't like it when people on here get upset, but I do always appreciate the fact that they're passionate enough about comics to get upset. Comics are some good stuff.
On a similar note, I wish I was passionate about things to get upset about them.

Wait, like an audio recording of me reading the dialogue or what?
I'd be up for this. My monotone voice would be perfect for the outrageous 90s dialogue.

You can be passionate about this community. I wasn't mad about Jim Lee, I don't care is someone doesn't like him. It's just the little things about this place. The negativity without thoughtful discussion. Writing things off before they start or just started, telling people not to buy stuff they are excited about, etc. I've bought things that were shit, I've bought things that I loved but other people told me were shit. I'm glad I didn't listen to the negativity this place breeds sometimes. Let people define their own life, let people make mistakes. You can give a constructive argument as to why you wouldn't buy something but to tell someone something is trash and they would be wasting their money while attacking the person, or the artist just breeds negativity. The egos in the place get excessive sometimes.

I'm just an optimistic person and when I approach a piece of art or creative doing, I try to find the good in it. Sometimes it's not there and that's ok. I'm rambling but my point is, I like this community but it's gets so negative sometimes. I'm not the only one that has seen it. I have received messages from other members outside of this place complaining of the same things.

We should be excellent to each other.
/billandted

This can't really be because we told that dude not to buy an awful comic like Identity Crisis. I didn't know we need to link to the dozens of articles and editorials over why that book was bad.

And lets not pretend we don't give out recommendations of better comics instead

-Party Animal – “DC Universe Holiday Special” (2008)
-Merry Christmas, Justice League — Now Die! – JLA #60, 2001
-“The Batman Adventures Holiday Special” (1995)
-"Yes, Tyrone, There Is a Santa Claus" – “DC Infinite Holiday Special” (2007)
-"Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot" - “Christmas With the Super-Heroes” #2 (1988)
-The Santa Contract - Hitman #22 (1997)

Top Ten
Swamp Thing
Superman Annual #11
Supreme
Captain Britain
Watchmen
Miracleman
V for Vendetta
A Small Killing
From Hell
League of Extradnority Gentlemen
Promethea
Dem struggle 90s Image comics not-named-Supreme

Work your way through that

I'm pretty sure me, Tim, Filthy Slug, and Zombine plug the shit out of Silver Surfer every time it comes out.

And next month they go against Galactus brehs

Can't go wrong with either one, but Top Ten is an easier, shorter investment

so miss me with all that shit, nigga

Kipp

You can be passionate about this community. I wasn't mad about Jim Lee, I don't care is someone doesn't like him. It's just the little things about this place. The negativity without thoughtful discussion. Writing things off before they start or just started, telling people not to buy stuff they are excited about, etc. I've bought things that were shit, I've bought things that I loved but other people told me were shit. I'm glad I didn't listen to the negativity this place breeds sometimes. Let people define their own life, let people make mistakes. You can give a constructive argument as to why you wouldn't buy something but to tell someone something is trash and they would be wasting their money while attacking the person, or the artist just breeds negativity. The egos in the place get excessive sometimes.

I'm just an optimistic person and when I approach a piece of art or creative doing, I try to find the good in it. Sometimes it's not there and that's ok. I'm rambling but my point is, I like this community but it's gets so negative sometimes. I'm not the only one that has seen it. I have received messages from other members outside of this place complaining of the same things.

/billandted

Yeah, for sure. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is just to be positive in our own posts and hope it's infectious.

With that said, I'm still reading Preacher and it's still fantastic and everybody who hasn't read it needs to read it.

I also finally started reading 300 today because I keep forgetting I own it and I love Frank Miller and it's pretty short. I read the first two issues and it's some cool stuff.

Kipp

This can't really be because we told that dude not to buy an awful comic like Identity Crisis. I didn't know we need to link to the dozens of articles and editorials over why that book was bad.

Yeah. I'm all for positivity, but there's nothing wrong with steering someone away from a book that 90% of people dislike when there are so many other fantastic books out there to be bought and read.

Cade

Kipp double posting to bring about anarchy and ring the bells of the end times. I can't leave this thread for a second.

Do we have any Grayson sales data? I wanna make sure Dick doesn't get cut for not pleasing enough people.

And lets not pretend we don't give out recommendations of better comics instead

so miss me with all that shit, nigga

I can find 20 opinion pieces that liked Identity Crisis. I can find 20 opinion pieces that hate Frank Quietly. I can find 20 opinion pieces that don't think God Father is a good movie trilogy. I can find 20 opinions that Obama is a good president, 20 a bad one. I can find 20 opinions that 9/11 was an inside job. I can find 20 opinions that getting urinated on during sex is amazing.

Guess what? Not everyone thinks like you. Quit living in your black and white world and come to the gray, it's much nicer.

Owzers

I can find 20 opinion pieces that liked Identity Crisis. I can find 20 opinion pieces that hate Frank Quietly. I can find 20 opinion pieces that don't think God Father is a good movie trilogy. I can find 20 opinions that Obama is a good president, 20 a bad one. I can find 20 opinions that 9/11 was an inside job. I can find 20 opinions that getting urinated on during sex is amazing.

Guess what? Not everyone thinks like you. Quit living in your black and white world and come to the gray, it's much nicer.

What should i buy?

I dunno, anything, someone will like it and that someone might be you.

What should i buy?

I dunno, anything, someone will like it and that someone might be you.

So we want an overall picture of it? Ok.

The miniseries was both wildly popular and reviled. The overall crossover holds an average score of 7.3 out of 10 at the review aggregator website Comic Book Roundup, the lowest issue score going to issue 7, with 5.3, and the highest going to issue 1, with 8.7.

So a 7.3/10.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

That's not really an opinion, more like a fact.

I was under the impression that a lot of people liked Identity Crisis, but it had a lot of dumb stuff. I was leaning towards never reading it myself.

I'm not gonna judge anyone for liking it, I buy MLP trades for crying out loud.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Got a temp job for the holidays, and I'm thinking about getting some omnibuses. You all recommend any?
Absolute Final Crisis was an incredible experience, so check that out. Also, if you can find it, Remender's Uncanny X-Force omnibus is steller.

I don't give a rat's ass how many people liked Identity Crisis. I didn't. It wasn't a good comic. If somebody was thinking of buying it, I'm gonna tell them otherwise and steer them in another direction.

Take your own fucking advice and understand not everybody thinks like you do. This isn't even the first time you acted like a giant manbaby because people didn't think like you do, or liked all the same things you did. People are gonna have different opinions on things. You don't like that, either put everyone with opinions you don't like on ignore, put your fingers in your ears, and go "LALALALA TONY DANIEL IS AMAZING LALALA" if that keeps ya happy. But ENOUGH of these melodramatic comic fanboy outbursts, dude. You're a grown ass man, act like it.

I don't give a rat's ass how many people liked Identity Crisis. I didn't. It wasn't a good comic. If somebody was thinking of buying it, I'm gonna tell them otherwise and steer them in another direction.

Take your own fucking advice and understand not everybody thinks like you do. This isn't even the first time you acted like a giant manbaby because people didn't think like you do, or liked all the same things you did. People are gonna have different opinions on things. You don't like that, either put everyone with opinions you don't like on ignore, put your fingers in your ears, and go "LALALALA TONY DANIEL IS AMAZING LALALA" if that keeps ya happy. But ENOUGH of these melodramatic comic fanboy outbursts, dude. You're a grown ass man, act like it.

JC, look in the mirror, take your advice of my advice.

/billandted

What I bolded are the biggest problems here. There's so much _____ is shit and horrible! With no explanation why someone feels that way. Just a constant stream of blah and blah is terrible but I'm going to give no reasons why.

It's ridiculous and overly negative. Some people it seems can't be happy unless they're shitting on and hating everything.

There's far too much my opinion on this is law and anyone saying otherwise is wrong and a horrible person.

Messi

Strangers in Paradise better hurry up!
Also, one of the lead characters in Preacher is a strong female character. You should totally read Preacher.

I feel like this is a trap.

Also SiP is in Dublin. Should get it early next week. Who else are we waiting for. Should we make a thread on do it here?

I bought a single issue today in a bag with no board. Then I thought to myself, "Maybe I can use those sheets that IST puts in all their boxes. I am a genius." And then, "I wonder why IST puts them in eac....oh".

Sorry, just sent you the PM. Forgot to add you to the recipients list. Everyone else should've gotten theirs too.

:(

Kipp

I feel like this is a trap.

Also SiP is in Dublin. Should get it early next week. Who else are we waiting for. Should we make a thread on do it here?

It's not really a trap. I do think you'd like Preacher.

And sweet. It should arrive right around the time I finish up Preacher. I think the only other person we're waiting on is the guy who ordered from CGN and whose order hasn't shipped yet.
I think we should just keep the SiP discussion in here. Might as well. I'm up for whatever though.

Filthy Slug

Sorry, just sent you the PM. Forgot to add you to the recipients list. Everyone else should've gotten theirs too.
Maaaan, I feel like a manbaby cause I still didnt get a PM and I'd totally like to knkw what's going on.

Ok, you wanna know what the PMS are about so bad, fine! Spoilers for the sensitive.

Kipp and I are in love and we're moving to Alaska, to hell with what our parents say

Filthy Slug

Oh, yeah, I got the PM now. Like, it's weird that Zombine is into that type of stuff, but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom