• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Yes, trash. I just get bags and boards at the shop, so I don't end up with stacks of this shit. Good lawd, I can't wait to go digital.

i'm buying more trades from Image, cutting back on DC, and Marvel books come with digital codes/helping kill the industry by waiting for Marvel Unlimited releases. I tire of the floppidy flop. I dropped from 45 monthlies to 20.

headshot95

Neo Member
So I got into comics right around the time Kick Ass #3 issue one was coming out and I had kept grabbing the single issues but hadn't actually read them until now. I thought volume three was pretty decent but something felt off about it. It felt like it was written more like a movie script than it was a comic book if that makes any sense. It starts off a little slow but picks up well in the last issues and has a solid ending but I feel that if I had read the issues the day I was buying them I would have probably dropped it halfway through.

Owzers

I'm going to look really foolish if i get rid of some of my print collection, things like Flashpoint 1-5, Silent War 1-5, World War Hulk, Spider-Man Reign mini, JMS Thor, Action Comics Johns run, etc and then in 10 years people are on here talking about how glad they were to have sold their collection for thousands.

Thousands. I just have to hold out another decade with these small boxes full of comic events and runs.

Any word on how Intersect is?
Thought it was really bad. Sinergy was also a horrible comic. Like a fucking outline of bullet points they needed to hit. Just horribly written. I do not understand why Michael Acon Oeming won't just continue to make comics with Brian Michael Bendis. It's not everyday you find a person with three first names to match your talent.

Harrier, I need your talents to track down bundles. PM me.

Boogiepop

Getting drawn into Smash Bros is dangerous, especially when combined with an already busy few days...

Anyway, it's been a bit since again Smash killed my comic time, but I did read the beach issue and the annual from Hellblazer volume 2 a few days ago. Definitely some crazy stuff.

Also, the best gaming announcement for me is that I'll finally be able to play Suikoden 2 without having to shell out like $200 for a copy.

So I got into comics right around the time Kick Ass #3 issue one was coming out and I had kept grabbing the single issues but hadn't actually read them until now. I thought volume three was pretty decent but something felt off about it. It felt like it was written more like a movie script than it was a comic book if that makes any sense. It starts off a little slow but picks up well in the last issues and has a solid ending but I feel that if I had read the issues the day I was buying them I would have probably dropped it halfway through.
Millar basically writes his comics as movie pitches these days

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Damn, about half way through the Alias Omnibus. When the TV show is half as good as the book it will be amazing.

Also, I entcountered my first misprinted Omnibus page... It was wrapped, had chinese signs on the side and was unprinted... Really annoying when I think about it, that I payed almost 70€

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, I did just get a 20th anniversary PS4.

make-it-rain-2.gif

I got an offer to be that kind of 'pool boy' one time from this well off California transplant when her husband was away. I'd be ballin like Zombine if I had taken up the offer.

Zombine

Banned
I bought Guilty Gear Xrd even though I'm gonna buy it once it comes in America, am I cool Zombine?

You're always cool!

True story right now: this ended my day on a high note like you wouldn't believe. It's rainy as fuck here in the city and I'm soaked to the core.

Vyer

As I said in the announcement thread, that anniversary color has not aged well.

The controller hits all the nostalgia buttons though.

Congrats Zombine!

We are in community now, there is no rules for this anymore.

KoruptData proudly presents, List of the Manbabies.

BATGIRL #37 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #36 $2.99
CONSTANTINE #20 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1 $4.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #7 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #32 (WEEKLY) $2.99
BITCH PLANET #1 (MR) $3.50
ROCKET RACCOON #6 $3.99
AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #7 REG FRANCAVILLA CVR $3.99
RACHEL RISING #30 $3.99

MG310

My J. Scott Campbell Black Friday bundle is at the post office...but they closed a few minutes early for no reason...actually they were still helping people but they had someone standing outside the office section to say they were closed.

Between that and 2 issues with packages in a week I'm about done with USPS.

Messi

My J. Scott Campbell Black Friday bundle is at the post office...but they closed a few minutes early for no reason...actually they were still helping people but they had someone standing outside the office section to say they were closed.

Between that and 2 issues with packages in a week I'm about done with USPS.

Did you tell them there were sexy ladies in the box? They might have let you in. Or had you arrested.

MG310

Did you tell them there were sexy ladies in the box? They might have let you in. Or had you arrested.

I'm pretty sure they opened that Art of Pin-Up book I showed the other day...they know what's in the boxes!

They almost shipped my Lil Gotham Harley back to Amazon because they couldn't find the house that they had delivered a package to that same day. How would you respond to that situation?

Messi

I'm pretty sure they opened that Art of Pin-Up book I showed the other day...they know what's in the boxes!

They almost shipped my Lil Gotham Harley back to Amazon because they couldn't find the house that they had delivered a package to that same day. How would you respond to that situation?

You are kind of fucked whatever you do with the postal system. At least here in Ireland. If you want mail you have to use them or pay through the ass for ups.

That kind of thing would just bother me. But I would chill once I get my stuff. I'm lazy like that.

list

Batgirl #37
Bitch Planet #1
Deadpool: Art of War #3
Spider-Man and the X-Men #1
The Valiant #1

Pretty good week, especially for new books!

Messi

Man I fucking love Uncharted. Wish it was about Chloe and Elena tho. But Nate is funny.

Bitch Planet is this week? So is Spider-Man and the X-men? Awesome.

MG310

You are kind of fucked whatever you do with the postal system. At least here in Ireland. If you want mail you have to use them or pay through the ass for ups.

That kind of thing would just bother me. But I would chill once I get my stuff. I'm lazy like that.

Yeah, I'm kinda screwed either way since most places I order from use UPS or use that UPS service that hands it off to USPS for the last leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom