• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day that Marvel don't announce that they are going to try Wimberly's Blade pitch is a bad day.

Just look at how hype this is

Marvel. Give us this Blade. Please.

I would definitely be interested in the 12 issues this thing gets before its cancelled

Owzers

Trees #1 - I thought the series was about trees taking over the earth The Happening style, but that was not the case. Ellis does some good immediate world building but I don't think he bridged the gap between
Pillar aliens dropping to all out police state.
well. For a first issue that is supposed to grab you, that was not a very good way to end an issue either it just sort of withered out. I'm not sure if i'll get the first trade or not based off this issue. Random 7/10.

Well so far, every character is interesting. Even the throw away characters have something to offer. Nothing in the story has been throw away or filler. So far, it's a very addicting read. Lots of mystery, lots of tension, great action. Story implements lots of real world things like bands and literature to immers you in the story. Another thing, that is not intended but just the nature of the story, lots of sexual tension.

Trees #1 - I thought the series was about trees taking over the earth The Happening style, but that was not the case. Ellis does some good immediate world building but I don't think he bridged the gap between
well. For a first issue that is supposed to grab you, that was not a very good way to end an issue either it just sort of withered out. I'm not sure if i'll get the first trade or not based off this issue. Random 7/10.

You're becoming the IGN of reviews.

Comic Gaf - How many comics do you read per week?

Between the weekly MU releases and discounted CMX comics, by my calculations i need to read 20-25 comics a week to not fall behind on my reading.

Owzers

I try to read a comic a day. In the case of Manhattan Projects where i had the whole run accumulated, i'd read a few at a time since i really liked it, but outside of that....one issue/day.

Brah, as of the most recent issue, things are about to get really interesting in terms of the "invasion" you were expecting. Ellis just spent some time on world and character-building first.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was going to read GOTG as I enjoyed Trial of Jean Grey and like Bendis. But the negative talk here put me off.
I dunno, that what I know of Bendis Guardians of the Earth is even worse than the worsest stuff I read on the Annihilation Omnibus recently...

I was going to read GOTG as I enjoyed Trial of Jean Grey and like Bendis. But the negative talk here put me off.

How much shit have these guys given you about girly hijinx? That never stopped you.
But yeah, GOTG is pretty bad most of the time. I think I'm gonna drop it when Gamora's solo book gets off the ground. Green boobs are about the only reason I'm reading Guardians. :(

Messi

How much shit have these guys given you about girly hijinx? That never stopped you.
But yeah, GOTG is pretty bad most of the time. I think I'm gonna drop it when Gamora's solo book gets off the ground. Green boobs are about the only reason I'm reading Guardians. :(

Oh my. I forgot about Gamora's solo book. I can't wait for it. Angelas first issue was cool too.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The last few days have been super lame. I haven't really felt like reading comics.

Hahaha. Perfect.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm in the Franken-castle portion of Remender's run and I really love Tony Moore's art... He did that Deadpool arc I read earlier as well, and his style just meshes perfectly with these kind of stories. Great artist

I'm in the Franken-castle portion of Remender's run and I really love Tony Moore's art... He did that Deadpool arc I read earlier as well, and his style just meshes perfectly with these kind of stories. Great artist

You read Fear Agent yet? Remender wrote that one as well, and Jerome Opena/Tony Moore trade off arcs. He also did some of Remender's Venom.

He's a great artist, but for various reasons he can't do a monthly if his life depended on it. I can't even remember the last comic book he did?

You read Fear Agent yet? Remender wrote that one as well, and Jerome Opena/Tony Moore trade off arcs. He also did some of Remender's Venom.

He's a great artist, but for various reasons he can't do a monthly if his life depended on it. I can't even remember the last comic book he did?

He's the slowest of the Moore Brothers

Deadpool about two years ago.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Alias keeps getting better ans better. Finshed today the Mattie Franklin Spider-Woman Part and Jessica Jones Secret Origin (Ugh, shes masturbating to Johnny Storm, Bendis attemps to make me feel a little bit uncormfortable are great) and it seems like I am coming to the finale Purple Man Arc.

I really hope they are starting a new Volume soon, the minicomic in the Marvel 75th Anniversary Issue and the upcoming TV series should be reason enough.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
But Kipp, we need to read SiP!! :D

I know! That's why I've still been reading a couple issues of Preacher a day even though I haven't really wanted to read comics. Haha
I have a feeling SiP will get me back into that "I want to read comics so badly" mood. I think it's just the comic I need. Must finish Preacher first though! And we gotta wait for Messi anyways. :p

I loved the Opena/Moore trading off arcs in Fear Agent thing so much. Each time they would switch, I would think to myself "Okay, I think _____ (insert whichever artist is on the arc I had just gotten to) is my favorite of the two." And that happened every single arc. I would be bummed that whichever artist's arc was about to end, and then I'd be reminded just how great the other artist was. They were both just so good.

SRG01

So about Spider-Verse, I'm not sure if I'm missing an issue, but:

At the end of one issue, it shows the Inheritors jumping into the Ultimates Universe and chasing Miles. And a couple of issues later, it shows Miles along with the others with Cosmic Spidey. Did I miss an issue somewhere?

So about Spider-Verse, I'm not sure if I'm missing an issue, but:

At the end of one issue, it shows the Inheritors jumping into the Ultimates Universe and chasing Miles. And a couple of issues later, it shows Miles along with the others with Cosmic Spidey. Did I miss an issue somewhere?
You did! I just don't remember which one.

Comic Gaf - How many comics do you read per week?

Not counting trades, usually whatever I pick up that week. Usually ranges from 7-10 books or so. Occasionally I'll have a book or two I just don't want to read because I have no interest. Sometimes it's Elektra, sometimes it's Chew. But I feel too attached to these series to drop the book(s).

Read the first Saga trade today, didn't really enjoy it. I don't like either of the main characters or the way everyone talks. It seems to be heading in a soap opera'ish direction and that's not for me. That art is pretty nice though. Maybe I'll give it another shot once the series is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom