• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2014/12/06/2014-top-50-comic-book-artists-50-41/

CBR started their countdown on the best artists. Not a bad start! I'm on my phone so I can't list them easily

Marcos Martin aint gon' make it man
9jBmg.png

Bitch Planet week and OMG Eva yesssssss list

Batgirl #37
Harley Quinn Holiday Special #1
Bitch Planet #1

Copperhead #4
Sex Criminals #9

Shutter #7
Southern Bastards #6
Supreme Blue Rose #5
Walking Dead #135
Avengers #39
Guardians of the Galaxy Annual #1
Thor #3
Uncanny X-Men Annual #1

fauxtrot

Banned
I bought Dragon Age Inquisition today so it looks like I won't be whittling down my comics backlog this weekend.

I talked to someone about buying their Superior Foes of Spider-Man floppies but now I can't find the person, so if you're out there send me a PM!

Nudull

Banned
List of Ages

Afterlife with Archie #7
Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
Batgirl #37
Bitch Planet #1
Spider-Man & the X-Men #1
Spider-Verse Team-Up #2
Thor #3

Cade

Why is there not an outrage that Tooth and Claw went from #Foobies to #Henis? Downgrade total. And like seven pages of penis. Just... penis.

Cheska

Over halfway done with Planet Hulk and I was not at all expecting to be this emotionally attached to the characters. Who knew a Hulk book could contain so many feels?

Over halfway done with Planet Hulk and I was not at all expecting to be this emotionally attached to the characters. Who knew a Hulk book could contain so many feels?

Planet Hulk is the book that pulled me back into comics after like, a decade. It really is amazing. Sakaar makes for an exotic location perfectly suited to the character.

If you like the setting, make sure you also try Son of Hulk. It spanned three trades, and then the final issues were part of the Realm of Kings trade.

Sick the last few days. Gonna try and hit up some of my backlog tomorrow/today. Added Supergirl back to the pull. Curious to see what the new creative team is doing.

Also,

Freeza I can't handle your new avatar. I just can't.

wtf I just bought that from the broken ass sale they had. Fuck everything

Playstation Plus and these sort of deals have trained me to basically never buy anything.

Started to read Satellite Sam,, starting out kinda rough wondering wtf is going on.. but its getting better and coming together a little more.

~ ThyComicList ~

ARCHIE COMICS:
AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #7
(finally!, but wtf it went up from $2.99 to $3.99 :/ more pages??)

DC COMICS:
BATGIRL #37
BATMAN ETERNAL #36
FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #16
HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1 (maybe)

IMAGE:
BITCH PLANET #1
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #6

MARVEL:
PUNISHER #13
ROCKET RACCOON #6

Same here. Just finished the issue where
Miek's brothers are freed. That last panel was brilliant; "Monsters? That's all I can see.:
. I was really surprised I cared about these characters this quickly.

And the issues are so dense. This is just 5 chapters in.

Owzers

I don't see a lot of talk about Rocket Racoon here since the first issue. Thoughts? I just read issue #3 i'm i'm still enjoying it but i'm not that fond of the story arc. Issue #1 started off fairly whacky but then has settled down.

Listy List List I love List

Batgirl #37
Batman Eternal #36
Constantine #20
Earth 2 World's End #10
Green Lantern Corps #37
Harley Quinn Holiday Special #1
Justice League United #7
New 52 Futures End #32
Worlds' Finest #29

Parch

Watching Justice League unlimited. Supes gets mad jelly when Captain Marvel comes around. Supes stays losing on this show. Love it
It's on my to do list. Currently watching Superman The Animated Series so I'll get to JLU eventually.

I'm not really into DC comics beyond Batman, but DC animated rocks.

Nudull

Banned

Still need to read it. I've only seen the animated movie, and I read World War Hulk afterwards.

Just finished Planet Hulk, that was amazing. My only problem was the last issue. It felt very rushed and I thought it changed what was an epic arc into a prologue to something else. They should have wrapped it up cleanly and taken one or two more issues to set up the next "event".

Zombine

Banned
Every day that Marvel don't announce that they are going to try Wimberly's Blade pitch is a bad day.

Just look at how hype this is

Marvel. Give us this Blade. Please.

At the very least just give us 16 issued and then cancel it or bring Brian Wood on board to write it after the first arc or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom