• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
I think she's writing better here because it deals with an issue she genuinely cares about. She's not just telling a story.

Let's hope it doesn't fall out of schedule like Pretty Deadly did.

EDIT: It's interesting to note that Image #1's tend to sell out pretty quickly at my shop, yet Bitch Planet was still there in stacks by the time I came in. Hope it'll have legs to stand on.

tim1138

My wife and I can never wait til Xmas to exchange gifts. Here is another early gift.

B4r68XQIIAIJkUN.jpg

Have you read this before? It's fucking amazing.

Have you read this before? It's fucking amazing.

I have not! She also got me Lego Batman 3 and it is so good! I think she felt bad seeing me suffer from the flu that she gave me most of my gifts already. I already gave her the 3DS to keep her company while I slept all week. This is the first day since Monday where ai can breathe through my nose.

tim1138

I have not! She also got me Lego Batman 3 and it is so good! I think she felt bad seeing me suffer from the flu that she gave me most of my gifts already. I already gave her the 3DS to keep her company while I slept all week. This is the first day since Monday where ai can breathe through my nose.

I had that gross last week, I feel your pain. But yeah man, Punk Rock Jesus is amazing, Sean Murphy absolutely crushed on that series. I still need to pick that hardcover up, it has like 100 pages of bonus stuff.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For some reason I was going to pass on that Punk Rock Jesus deluxe edition, but now I think I'll have to get it...

Zombine

Banned
God damn I'm fucking sick. It was hell trying to record my shit for the weekend and not sound like trash. At least Strangers In Paradise came.

fauxtrot

Banned
Question - How many BatBooks is too many BatBooks?

The Right Answer - As long as they keep trying out stuff like Gotham Academy, they can put out as many as they want.

Messi

Yeah, I don't think I can go back. It was just ugh.... The art was interesting, but the text. THE TEXT.

I didn't get that impression either. While I love the art style, this run seems very [too] heavy on the fabulous.

Some [me] would say it isn't fabulous enough. I want glitter on every page. Make that shit sparkle.

Tomasi doing another Batman book.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/1...to-join-dc-entertainments-digital-first-slate

Think I will read this as the game is my most anticipated game ever.

So down for this. I am ludicrously excited for Arkham Knight. Easily my most anticipated game. Plus I love Tomasi.

My girlfriend surprised me with the 3DS version of Lego Batman 3 like last week just out of the blue. It is a ton of fun. We're actually looking into what Lego games we could pick up on a console so we can play it together.

Tomasi doing another Batman book.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/1...to-join-dc-entertainments-digital-first-slate

Think I will read this as the game is my most anticipated game ever.

Maybe not most anticipated ever, but definitely my most anticipated right now that's coming out in the next 6 months. (the thirst is strong for Zelda Wii U). My only concern has been the stuff they've shown for the batmobile.

Messi

First two issues of Arkham Manor have been really good. Art is unique and writing is solid. Also Bruce
has a silly mustache
. Can't wait for the next one. I like that they have a place where they can show villians when they aren't doing evil stuff.

Bitch Planet: Didn't really dig it all that much. Dropping it to trade waiting. Seems like it might be better read in chunks.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sweet, came home from work to find that my Lady Sabre kickstarter stuff finally arrived. Now to read this delicious Rucka/Burchett material in glorious physical print.

iVUv7Ee.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
The Goon is one of those comics that I know is right up my alert but I've never actually pulled the trigger on the first trade... anyone want to go to bar for it and help convince me to pick it up?

Tizoc

The Goon is one of those comics that I know is right up my alert but I've never actually pulled the trigger on the first trade... anyone want to go to bar for it and help convince me to pick it up?
It's hilarious, and the crudeness can be looked past, but when it hits you with the feels...
w8fIA.gif

Start with these 2 books, Chinatown is Vol. 6, and that's when the feels hit you man...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1595824685/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1595824685/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cade

0055c2w7.jpg

I just saw this in an unrelated thread. Who is this artist so I can make sure I never accidentally buy anything that will make them get any money?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Quick question for anyone who knows about swamp thing?

I have some Saga of the swamp thing books in hardcover, volumes 1, 3 and 5.
Without spoilers, is this a thing where I should read them all in order? Or can I read those 3 I have?

I read Secret War last week and was not really impressed.

Started Avengers Disassembled and am on issue 2 of it. It's okay thus far. Kind of interesting to see so many Avengers getting downed so quickly but I'm kind of iffy on the story so far.

I picked up a 6 pack of that Arcade Festus Rotgut comic/beer.
Talked the wife into going 40 minutes out of our way to get it.
Won't be home till later to try it out tho :/

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I picked up a 6 pack of that Arcade Festus Rotgut comic/beer.
Talked the wife into going 40 minutes out of our way to get it.
Won't be home till later to try it out tho :/

Awesome! Definitely let us know how it is (and whether or not it tastes like bananas)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom