• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Are you sure it was Harley talking about Joker? This is the only one I remember.

mgBOZ4M.jpeg

Detective Comics 831. Nice issue with a really sweet Batman and Harley moment near the end.

The best thing about Jonah Hex is that his character is hardly affected by the Nu 52.
Just start with Palmioti's pre-Nu52 run

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401210953/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Then move onto the recent All-Star Western series
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401237096/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Sweet thanks.

-

I'm looking for one more book for free shipping,, suggestions ?
Non-cape type of book.

So far I have
JONAH HEX FACE FULL OF VIOLENCE TP
RACHEL RISING TP VOL 01 SHADOW OF DEATH
DMZ VOL 2 BODY OF A JOURNALIST TP (MR)
SIN CITY NEW MILLER CVR TP VOL 01 HARD GOODBYE (MR
Y THE LAST MAN VOL 2 CYCLES TP (MR)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sweet thanks.

-

I'm looking for one more book for free shipping,, suggestions ?
Non-cape type of book.

So far I have

Have you considered buying Big Damn Sin City instead of the paperbacks? Main reason being that BDSC is Absolute-sized while the paperbacks are digest-sized (if I remember correctly) and the paperbacks are more expensive than BDSC. I understand why you'd want the TPBs though--they're less unwieldy and you don't have to spend a chunk of money all at once--but just wanted you to make sure you know the pros and cons. :p

As for a non-cape type book suggestion, I can't remember what all you've already read, but here's some of my favorites: Life and Times of Martha Washington, Unknown Soldier, Manhattan Projects, Fear Agent, Preacher, and Hellblazer.

Been way too long since i've been in this thread. But heads up on a great deal on Amazon, perfect for comic book readers

Amazon Book Coupon: Additional Savings on Any One Print Book: 25% Off (up to $10 savings)

via Slickdeals

It's 25% off any print book, but max is $10 off
I used it to pre-order the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers Omnibus

Have you considered buying Big Damn Sin City instead of the paperbacks? Main reason being that BDSC is Absolute-sized while the paperbacks are digest-sized (if I remember correctly) and the paperbacks are more expensive than BDSC. I understand why you'd want the TPBs though--they're less unwieldy and you don't have to spend a chunk of money all at once--but just wanted you to make sure you know the pros and cons. :p

As for a non-cape type book suggestion, I can't remember what all you've already read, but here's some of my favorites: Life and Times of Martha Washington, Unknown Soldier, Manhattan Projects, Fear Agent, Preacher, and Hellblazer.

Yeah I wasn't wanting to spend that much on sin city,, the tpb is regular size (youtube review)
Ended up getting
PREACHER TP BOOK 01 (MR)

Kipp

Yeah I wasn't wanting to spend that much on sin city,, the tpb is regular size (youtube review)
Ended up getting
PREACHER TP BOOK 01 (MR)

Ah okay, cool. The TPB is definitely a good option for Sin City then. Should be much more comfortable to read than the massive hardcover collection. Haha

And awesome choice on getting Preacher! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Messi

I figure this may have been posted, but I didn't see it with a quick search over the last few pages: Ed Brubaker Looks Back On Batman, Gotham Central and Catwoman: Part one, part two, part three.

Thanks for this.

One of the comic stores here got in the Play Arts Venom Snake from Metal Gear Phantom pain. I nearly bought it. They also has two Bushido figures. Pee Gee and Kitty Pryde. Had to leave the store before u did serious wallet damage.

Thanks for this.

One of the comic stores here got in the Play Arts Venom Snake from Metal Gear Phantom pain. I nearly bought it. They also has two Bushido figures. Pee Gee and Kitty Pryde. Had to leave the store before u did serious wallet damage.
My shop has a ton of those figures and statues too. One of my friends bought two of those stupid expensive MGS figures. I haven't fallen down that rabbit hole at least (I just buy figmas), although I do really want the Batwoman Bishoujo whenever it releases...

Messi

Guys. I shamed myself and girlie hijinks-GAF. I bought am Elsa pop, Batgirl and the two Harley Quinn covers from this week. The guy made a comment about being sick of Frozen and without thinking I said oh it's not for me, it's a gift. He looks at what I am buying and says suuuuuure it is. I felt awful after I did it too.

I will resign from girly hijinks-gaf if it is required :(

Guys. I shamed myself and girlie hijinks-GAF. I bought am Elsa pop, Batgirl and the two Harley Quinn covers from this week. The guy made a comment about being sick of Frozen and without thinking I said oh it's not for me, it's a gift. He looks at what I am buying and says suuuuuure it is. I felt awful after I did it too.

shameful display

Starting binging on Spawn immediately.

Owzers

what's an Elsa pop?

Today's free Comixology comic is Captain Marvel #1.

What kind of moron shop assistant comments negatively on a customer's purchase as he/she is buying it?

Messi

if she has no mouth how does she sing?

You should let it go.

Today's free Comixology comic is Captain Marvel #1.

What kind of moron shop assistant comments negatively on a customer's purchase as he/she is buying it?

I think he was trying to be friendly. We chatted a bit about the movie as I tried to save face. He was talking to everyone in the store. It didn't bother me. My reaction bothered me much more.

shh no tears

only Thunderworld, Zero, Wicked + The Divine, Manifest Destiny, and All-New Captain America next week

Messi

How come everything time I buy a trade from a non big two company it always has a quote from Scott Snyder? Does that dude just read everything and give people quotable. Latest one I seen was Shutter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2nd one is def. from the Injustice comics.
But I'm not looking for either of those. :p
Are you sure it was Harley talking about Joker? This is the only one I remember.

Detective Comics 831. Nice issue with a really sweet Batman and Harley moment near the end.
It's neither of those, but thanks. She was definitely in a fight with someone and afterwards they were talking about a relationship right in the same locale. While no one was mentioned directly, I'm assuming she was referring to Joker.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well I might actually be wrong, since this is the closest thing to my description:

The difference being I don't recall Black Canary sitting next to her and the content of the conversation was different. *shrug* Thanks anyway to anyone who scratched their heads over it.

Zombine

Banned
How is Manifest Destiny? The premise sounded cool but I've never seen anyone talk about it here.

LOVE IT. The next Walking Dead. The book has done an amazing job of painting every single character as a piece of shit that you want to die in creative ways.

manifest-destiny-7-3.jpg

How is Manifest Destiny? The premise sounded cool but I've never seen anyone talk about it here.

I really like it. It doesn't have the big comic creator names a lot of other talked about Image books have like Southern Bastards or Deadly Class or Saga or whatever, but its been a consistently good read each and every month it comes out.

Kipp

Ever since I read the preview for Manifest Destiny #1, I've been eagerly awaiting the first OHC. It seems absolutely awesome.

Messi

Ever since I read the preview for Manifest Destiny #1, I've been eagerly awaiting the first OHC. It seems absolutely awesome.

Do you ever worry a book you want to read when you get the OHC you seem to always wait for? Say Rat Queens or Velvet.

Kipp

Do you ever worry a book you want to read when you get the OHC you seem to always wait for? Say Rat Queens or Velvet.

Like, I wait for the OHC but the OHC doesn't ever come out? If an OHC doesn't come out for a book I want to read, I'll just get the TPBs. I don't mind waiting a bit to see if the OHC eventually comes out though, since there's plenty of other stuff for me to read.

Owzers

Like, I wait for the OHC but the OHC doesn't ever come out? If an OHC doesn't come out for a book I want to read, I'll just get the TPBs. I don't mind waiting a bit to see if the OHC eventually comes out though, since there's plenty of other stuff for me to read.

You've killed a book twice already, it's not coming to OHC.

8bit

Knows the Score

Let it go.

I pre-ordered the Elsa Nendoroid.

I really like it. It doesn't have the big comic creator names a lot of other talked about Image books have like Southern Bastards or Deadly Class or Saga or whatever, but its been a consistently good read each and every month it comes out.
It's pretty great. Want to see some more worldbuilding though.

This brah Doug Crystal is drawing the fuck outta Arkham Manor. Incredible work.

Messi

Me too. Messi disaappointed me. I buy that shit proudly. The only thing I don't do is wear female character shirts.

I wear character shirts :/. Usually I buy with pride, I don't know what happened today. I am ashamed.

Also omg yes! Dc Collectibles wins.

July 2015

bDHfVRvl.jpg

Last bit of Sejic Rat Queens stuff from me, but here are his character sketches. I really like them

Dunbar

I only started reading comics a few months ago but Manifest Destiny is probably my favorite thing I've read in that short time. I loved TPB #1 and have been counting the weeks to TPB #2, which after reading I'll switch to the monthlies.

It can be frustrating waiting for stuff to get collected so you can catch up and start buying the issues, especially when it's something you really like.

tim1138

Thanks for the Manifest Destiny comments all, sounds like it's worth checking out.

Did we know Cullen Bunn is taking over Moon Knight? Because he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom