• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best Science Fiction books I've read since Dune. It's a hard read but it's incredibly rewarding.

Ah, fuck. Now why u gotta say that....Dune's my fucking shit yo.

I'm really liking it, but I'm also of the opinion that it's probably one of those books that would read better in trade format.

So I should just hold out and wait?? gaaaaaahhhhyyyaeghhhhhgooooooehhhhhhhh

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, this past week has been no good. Haven't been able to get the enthusiasm to read any comics. The last time I read comics was when I finished Preacher however many days ago.
I miss comics. Can't wait until I want to read them again. Haha

Archie #1 modern relaunch, Mark Waid and Fiona Staples

archiestaples-3ad84.jpg

This March

Nudull

Banned
Fuck, I was about to post about Archie. I'm the Archie newskid around here, damn it! :p

EDIT: Seriously though, what have the Archie creators been smoking these past few years that we're now getting so much crazy stuff?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Archie #1 modern relaunch, Mark Waid and Fiona Staples

...No way.
I'm in for any Mark Waid slice-of-life book. That sounds amazing.

I'm interested

Also I read that Flash Gordon #1 and it was really good fun pulp sci fi. Need to include that trade in my next order

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Flash Gordon trade is out yet. I've been keeping an eye out for it.

Fuck, I was about to post about Archie. I'm the Archie newskid around here, damn it! :p

EDIT: Seriously though, what have the Archie creators been smoking these past few years that we're now getting so much crazy stuff?

Well, its like the Archie Comic president said in the NYTimes article, the franchise has been kinda dusty and irrelevant for years, so they've done things like introduce their first gay character into Riverdale Kevin Keller or spin-off adventurous titles like Afterlife with Archie. And its increased their sales and mindshare quite a bit. This feels like the next natural step, and they got a big, accessible creative team behind them to do it.

it's not like there's backgrounds to take up time
...No way.
I'm in for any Mark Waid slice-of-life book. That sounds amazing.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Flash Gordon trade is out yet. I've been keeping an eye out for it.
Oh yeah I think you're right. I might have to get the back issues, oh dear. Although it'll probably be out by the time I make my next order cuz that could be like several months

frye

it's not like there's backgrounds to take up time

Oh yeah I think you're right. I might have to get the back issues, oh dear. Although it'll probably be out by the time I make my next order cuz that could be like several months

Well, this Waid/Shaner/Bellaire version has 1 issue left before it relaunches with Blacker and Acker soooo I think you may as well wait

Owzers

Man, this past week has been no good. Haven't been able to get the enthusiasm to read any comics. The last time I read comics was when I finished Preacher however many days ago.
I miss comics. Can't wait until I want to read them again. Haha

pretttty much. I'm always excited for comics the day before a DCBS shipment comes, then i read the Wakling Dead, Invincible, and event books....then gradually read other stuff until i lose interest until the next shipment. Today i managed to read Thor #20 since i've had issues piling up, it's okay but i mostly done after God Bomb.

I've got a feeling whoever is behind the creative direction of Archie comics will get snatched up by Marvel or DC in the future. Like 8 years down the road. They've basically taken a property we used to make fun of Guileless for picking up to having us triple post news about them.

He has done some Marvel stuff. Also rewrote the Spider-man broadway play

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Aguirre-Sacasa
Yeah I remember some of his work on Brand New Day. I didn't know if it's just him guiding Archie Comics right now. Either way, they have some good editors over there right now.

How are their trades? Anyone know? I found some gift cards from my birthday. I'm thinking of buying some comics... or that new Cowboy Bebop Blu Ray set

I powered through books 4 and 5 of Y today to finish it up and I have to say it was a masterpiece. The story had everything and it's the closest thing to perfection that I have read in the medium. That Stephen King quote on the front of every book is just about the truth.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So Mark Waid seems to leave Marvel for Archie?

Seems like they lost one of their last exclusive writters :(

Hawkeye is pretty good. I will finish the book this evening and report tomorrow more about it.

So Mark Waid seems to leave Marvel for Archie?

Seems like they lost one of their last exclusive writters :(

Hawkeye is pretty good. I will finish the book this evening and report tomorrow more about it.

I don't think he's exclusive. He writes for other companies all the time, plus I think he has Agents of SHIELD coming up

I powered through books 4 and 5 of Y today to finish it up and I have to say it was a masterpiece. The story had everything and it's the closest thing to perfection that I have read in the medium. That Stephen King quote on the front of every book is just about the truth.

MAN TEARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom