• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have to buy that Mother Box replica that DC is putting out next summer.

Depending on price, that MAY be something I have to own as well. Though I was hoping it'd be the thing more rectangular Mother Box design.

I would put it on an arm band then and wear it on my arm, like around my bicep.....like Superman did that one time.

Don't judge me : (

Tizoc

He's got S.H.I.E.L.D., which is kinda like the show but with an actual budget and they team up Coulson and Spider-Man if they want to. Suppose to be a one issue/one story format, which he's good at, different artist each issue. Ramos has the high school/Ms.Marvel one(Impulse, remember?), Alan Davis is the one with Spider-Man and the mythical terrorists in Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, Chris Sprouse is doing an issue, etc.

B13nP8-CEAEker8.jpg

He's also got that Princess Leia mini-series with Terry Dodson coming up.

Star_Wars_Leia_Dodson_cov-600x909.jpg

And he's taking over Amazing Spider-Man after Spider-Verse according to Kipp's rumor mill

Wait wait wait, back up.
Mind just posting a list of what comics Waid will be writing in the forseable future?
So he's gonna be on
Archie
Amazing Spiderman
Princess Leia miniseries

What else?

tim1138

Depending on price, that MAY be something I have to own as well. Though I was hoping it'd be the thing more rectangular Mother Box design.

I would put it on an arm band then and wear it on my arm, like around my bicep.....like Superman did that one time.

Don't judge me : (

I think the solicit said it was $60.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The Riddler is the villain behind everything in Batman Eternal and he's the one pulling all the strings.

I...um..guess that's okay? Like, it would probably work better if you had
Zero Year, then had a years worth of comics where the Riddler doesn't show at all, and then he makes his big return. Kind of like how Joker is being handled.

tim1138

Whole crap ton of DC books ending in March. So far Infinity Man, Secret Origins, Star Spangled War Stories (what the hell was booK even about), Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Red Lanterns, and Swamp Thing all have their final issues in March.

Nooooooo Red Lanterns has been awesome. What the hell at only GL being left! Why Swamp Thing??? I do not like this :(

Is there any thing specific announced to fill the GL Cut?

I wish Katie Kubert and Mike Marts had left DC for Marvel long ago. After they left we got Gotham Academy, Arkham Manor, Batgirl Reboot, Gotham by Midnight...

and Wolverine dies as soon as KK and MM join Marvel. We then get pointless tie-ins written/drawn by majority of Batman writers/artists.

But I have to admit.. Batgirl just isn't Barbara Gordon at all. She's written like Stephanie Brown.

Grayson kicking all kinds of ass with it's superb storytelling. Moon Knight is great as well. Not to mention Zero. All 3 are scratching my itch for a done-in-one which isn't a case of the week and yet contributes to an overall arc.

at least he's still drawing it

Batman Earth One Vol 2 finally comes out in March. I'm somewhat interested in seeing how much of a goober Johns can make Batman this time, but i could wait for the TP for that. And a new Top 10 printing, cool

phoenixyz

How about that reveal in the latest Batman Eternal?

I liked it.
It's cool that Snyder tries to establish the Riddler as the second great Batman adversary besides the Joker. Good choice imho. Just as with the Joker it's wide open for all kinds of psychological and mental duels instead of just prep time.

Multiversity also ends in March. We get 2 issues though.

MULTIV_ULTRA_1.jpg

THE MULTIVERSITY: ULTRA COMICS #1
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
1:10 B&W Variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
1:25 Variant cover by DUNCAN ROULEAU
1:50 Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
On sale MARCH 18 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The penultimate chapter of the greatest adventure in DC’s history is here!
The acclaimed FINAL CRISIS team of Grant Morrison and Doug Mahnke reunite for a story so big it could only take place in the real world – that’s right, Earth-33 is back!
With the Multiverse under attack, a team of scientists create one final savior to take on the otherworldly threat…and its name is Ultra Comics! Literally held in your hands, one being will attempt to halt the annihilation of creation – and you, the reader, will have a front-row seat as you become an integral part of the resistance!
It’s another exciting, experimental story told by two of today’s top creators! You won’t want to miss this exciting issue which acts as chapter eight of THE MULTIVERSITY storyline.

MULTIV_Cv2.jpg

THE MULTIVERSITY #2
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:10 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
1:25 Variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
1:50 Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 56 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for details.
Every event in the history of the DC Universe has been leading to this! The final chapter of the greatest adventure of all time is here!
Issue #1 artist Ivan Reis reteams with mastermind Grant Morrison to end THE MULTIVERSITY and bring together the greatest and bravest heroes of the DC Multiverse to fight one last battle. But more than just some cabal of super-villains, they face the greatest evil that ever existed. An evil so massive, they actually may not stand a chance!
Who are the mystic Justice League of Earth-13 and what role does their leader Super Demon play in the crisis rising all around them? What shocking secret motivates the dark, nightmare henchmen known as The Gentry? And what is the final fate of Nix Uotan – the Super-God?!
You cannot miss this final, stunning chapter of Grant Morrison’s ultimate super hero epic!

Owzers

why would dc put out a comic telling me not to read it if it knows it's the only comic i want to read from DC? I'll take my chances and read it, The Gentry can't be worse than the tea party.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Batman ends with Issue 40 :O

Edit: Fuck Newsaramas Twittersccount, it was so much shortened, that I understood it wrong -,-

Sorry guys! Its nothing to see here! Move along!

Ending or cancelled in March

Aquaman & The Others
Infinity Man
Klarion
Secret Origins
GI Zombie
Trinity of Sin
Arkham Manor
Batwoman
Green Lantern Corps
GL New Guardians
Red Lanterns