• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I'm late to the party but I've finally read Zenith Phase One this week end as the good Morrison fanboy that I am.

Shit is tight, ordered Phase Two right away.

Tizoc

Archie #1 modern relaunch, Mark Waid and Fiona Staples

archiestaples-3ad84.jpg

This March

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Image is the best comic book publisher, Valiant is doing a dope relaunch, I kinda want to buy a couple of Archie comics, there a wicked Transformers/GI Joe crossover going on.

Is this real life?

Dalek

Y is amazing. The ending still gutpunches me just when I think about it.

Don't make me remember. Y is a perfect story, but I don't think I've ever read anything more gutwrenching. I remember crying like a mental patient reading that ending.

Dalek

I just finished up thr Journey Into Mystery/Kid Loki run. I'm not clear on what happens to Kid Loki at the end there when Old Loki is going to take over his body-kid Loki eats the magpie Ikol. Does that kill Old Loki? BCause it seems at the end he takes the helmet anyways.

Zombine

Banned
Archie #1 modern relaunch, Mark Waid and Fiona Staples

archiestaples-3ad84.jpg

This March

Yeah but here's the catch:

Staples art is clearly going to be gorgeous for the duration of their run.

Waid trying to write teens may look exactly like Moore trying to sound hip in Crossed. It may end up like a beautiful steak dinner...with a giant steaming dump sitting right next to your food.

Sure, that steak is delicious, but I can't help but not enjoy it because of smelly shit that is overtaking my senses.

Sure, that steak is delicious, but I can't help but not enjoy it because of smelly shit that is overtaking my senses.

Huh. Interesting analogy haha. Even if that was the case though, with Fiona's art, I think a more accurate comparison would be if you were eating with a friend, being served godlike-steak after godlike-steak by a world renown chef, only for your friend to let loose an air biscuit every once in a while... :/

Zombine

Banned
Huh. Interesting analogy haha. Even if that was the case though, with Fiona's art, I think a more accurate comparison would be if you were eating with a friend, being served godlike-steak after godlike-steak by a world renown chef, only for your friend to let loose an air biscuit every once in a while... :/

Lol I just don't see a 52 year old man writing a compelling teenaged drama. Some of his GOOD writing can get hammy as shit.

I would rather see a younger female writer compliment Staples' art.

I literally brought the book to my face and yelled out "noooooooo" and just sat there in disbelief. I was mentally preparing myself for tragedy and it still shocked me.

The scene with Ampersand in the snow hit me harder than 355.

I literally brought the book to my face and yelled out "noooooooo" and just sat there in disbelief. I was mentally preparing myself for tragedy and it still shocked me.

The scene with Ampersand in the snow hit me harder than 355.

355 ain't shit. She never really did anything for me. Other Beth is superior waifu. But yeah, Ampersand was the hardcore feels.

giphy.gif

Room got real dusty all of a sudden around that scene. Allergies or something.

You my bro, bro. I have all the same feels. #teamotherbeth

And honestly, the revelation from
OG Beth was amazing. You've had this intense, heroes journey, where the guy just wants to get back with the woman he loves only to find out that she was going to break up with him. You're left in a stunned state where you just want to laugh at him. Of course that's how this turns out. Yorick can't catch no breaks.

And honestly, the revelation from
OG Beth was amazing. You've had this intense, heroes journey, where the guy just wants to get back with the woman he loves only to find out that she was going to break up with him. You're left in a stunned state where you just want to laugh at him. Of course that's how this turns out. Yorick can't catch no breaks.

.....and OG Beth ends up with Yoricks sister.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Speaking of Y: The Last Man and Brian K Vaughn, how did everyone feel about Ex Machina? I really enjoyed it, although I'm not sure I appreciated the
other Hundreds from parallel universes
at the end. I felt like
it had a pretty nihilistic view
, but that suited the story.

Cade

GEORGIA! GEORGIA!
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnAAAAAAAAAAA
Speaking of Y: The Last Man and Brian K Vaughn, how did everyone feel about Ex Machina? I really enjoyed it, although I'm not sure I appreciated the
other Hundreds from parallel universes
at the end. I felt like
it had a pretty nihilistic view
, but that suited the story.

I liked it alright but
when the... main guy... i forget his name... made his father figure dude shoot himself I was like HOLY FUCK. That was just... damn. So brutal. Good book overall but I've already forgotten most of it whereas Y stuck in my head a lot more.

Y: The Last Man spoilers:
You guys are crazy. 355 all day every day. Such a badass. Other Beth ain't shit. When 355 snapped that chick's neck and paralyzed her... got damn. Best girl.

Waid trying to write teens may look exactly like Moore trying to sound hip in Crossed. It may end up like a beautiful steak dinner...with a giant steaming dump sitting right next to your food.

Batgirl/Ms. Marvel-syndrome, the deadliest combo of them all!

Fawoosh

Banned
Has anyone read The Fuse?

I went to my local comic store the other day to check up on my folder and just see if anything looked interesting. I ended up grabbing Aliens: Fire and Stone because I haven't read an Aliens comic in years and they used to be my favorites. On the way out I caught Fuse in the corner of my eye. I get home and look it up only to discover that it is essentially cyber punk Law and Order on a space station.

Is it as amazing as it sounds? I may pick up the first volume and go on from there.

the-fuse-01web.jpg

Messi

355 ain't shit. She never really did anything for me. Other Beth is superior waifu. But yeah, Ampersand was the hardcore feels.

giphy.gif

Room got real dusty all of a sudden around that scene. Allergies or something.

Oh fuck you buddy. You wouldn't believe how hard I am shaking my head.

355 was my fave :(

But I did love other Beth

Tizoc

By any chance, have you read Waid's Legion of Super Heroes run? Or his Dr. Strange mini from a few years back?

ReAxion

Has anyone read The Fuse?

I went to my local comic store the other day to check up on my folder and just see if anything looked interesting. I ended up grabbing Aliens: Fire and Stone because I haven't read an Aliens comic in years and they used to be my favorites. On the way out I caught Fuse in the corner of my eye. I get home and look it up only to discover that it is essentially cyber punk Law and Order on a space station.

Is it as amazing as it sounds? I may pick up the first volume and go on from there.

It's not very amazing. More Law and Order less everything else.

I crushed my backlog this weekend due to no TV or Internet.

So Mark Waid seems to leave Marvel for Archie?

Seems like they lost one of their last exclusive writters :(

He's got S.H.I.E.L.D., which is kinda like the show but with an actual budget and they team up Coulson and Spider-Man if they want to. Suppose to be a one issue/one story format, which he's good at, different artist each issue. Ramos has the high school/Ms.Marvel one(Impulse, remember?), Alan Davis is the one with Spider-Man and the mythical terrorists in Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, Chris Sprouse is doing an issue, etc.

B13nP8-CEAEker8.jpg

He's also got that Princess Leia mini-series with Terry Dodson coming up.

Star_Wars_Leia_Dodson_cov-600x909.jpg

And he's taking over Amazing Spider-Man after Spider-Verse according to Kipp's rumor mill

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Dude. That Spoiler. Dont to this to me. I have enough trouble to not get hyped to death by all those Spider-Man Movie rumors.

OHMYGOSHTHATWOULDBESOPERFECTIWOULDCRYWHENITWOULDBETRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom