• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E the Shaggy

Ending or cancelled in March

Aquaman & The Others
Infinity Man
Klarion
Secret Origins
GI Zombie
Trinity of Sin
Arkham Manor
Batwoman
Green Lantern Corps
GL New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Swamp Thing
Batman Eternal
Futures End
Worlds End
Multiversity

Jeez Arkham Manor didn't last long eh?

I can't help but actually feel good that Batwoman is dying after all the shit DC pulled with the original creative team.

DIAL H DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by CHINA MIEVILLE
Art by MATEUS SANTOLOUCO, ALBERTO PONTICELLI, DAVID LAPHAM and DAN GREEN
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
On sale MAY 6 • 368 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $34.99 US
When gamer Nelson Jent accidentally discovers the mysterious H Dial, his life will never be the same! But can he keep the Dial out of the clutches of an array of villains? And what is the secret behind the Dial’s power? Collects DIAL H #0-15.

*wallet opening intensifies*

frye

y'know, this would be a good time to drop the dang "THE NEW 52" shit on all their covers because it ain't new no more and there definitely ain't 52 of them

Arkham Manor was a mini, maybe? Guess that's why he was at the Marvel exclusive writer retreat Kappa

LMAO Klarion cancelled sorry tim/filthy slug/frye

y'know, this would be a good time to drop the dang "THE NEW 52" shit on all their covers because it ain't new no more and there definitely ain't 52 of them

Marvel should drop that red band at the bottom and the #MARVELNOW!! tag as well. It reminds me of budget line video game covers.

frye

New 52 Earths that encompass the Multiverse after Flashpoint?

That isn't so new anymore either!

Marvel should drop that red band at the bottom and the #MARVELNOW!! tag as well. It reminds me of budget line video game covers.

Also true, shit's ugly af

(although I will say that the idea of "NOW!" in typical marvel fashion is basically a potshot at DC since unlike "new" which gets outdated "now" is always of the present)

They're almost certainly going to do a rebranding after the Convergence band-aid event. Looking at the solicits, not only are a lot of series ending but most if not all storylines are wrapping up as well -- even if DC has to ship an Annual to do it.

Try the newest Supergirl!

I'll check out the first two issues of the new arc this week and see how it feels.

Whatever you do, continue reading Batgirl.

I think it might be too fabulous for me, bro.

Also, digging the Secret Six cover for March:
SSIX-Cv4-3eae8.jpg

tim1138

I ended up having to order the Punk Rock Jesus deluxe hardcover after driving around all day Saturday unsuccessfully looking for it (one of my LCS' had never even hard of the series, let alone a deluxe hardcover release). Now I'm jonsing for more Sean Murphy, as someone who doesn't care for Scott Snyder is the Wake worth it for Murphy's art?

I ended up having to order the Punk Rock Jesus deluxe hardcover after driving around all day Saturday unsuccessfully looking for it (one of my LCS' had never even hard of the series, let alone a deluxe hardcover release). Now I'm jonsing for more Sean Murphy, as someone who doesn't care for Scott Snyder is the Wake worth it for Murphy's art?

For the art? Sure. There's enough unique sci-fi things in there to please your eyeballs. For the story? Ugghhhhhhhh.

I ended up having to order the Punk Rock Jesus deluxe hardcover after driving around all day Saturday unsuccessfully looking for it (one of my LCS' had never even hard of the series, let alone a deluxe hardcover release). Now I'm jonsing for more Sean Murphy, is Joe the Barbarian and Hellblazer: City of Dreams worth it for Murphy's art?

yes, nigga

ElNarez

Banned
why would dc put out a comic telling me not to read it if it knows it's the only comic i want to read from DC? I'll take my chances and read it, The Gentry can't be worse than the tea party.

And what's the deal with this supposedly haunted comic from DC?

WTF is ULTRA COMICS?

Wow, does that mean the only Green Lantern books are going to be GL and Sinestro? Dropping from 5->2 seems pretty drastic.

Honestly, I think that's a good thing. They went in too hard with the Green Lantern books when the New 52 began. I dropped them all after a couple issues because I was still all GL'd out from the massive run on the book Johns had pre-reboot.

That's about what I expected, I'll grab it from the library.

Don't get me wrong, the story could have been cool. It showed a lot of promise in the first half, but nothing happened with it after the time-skip.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Neither part of that story feels like it was developed enough. But then I usually feel like things could be longer.

It definitely too mini of a miniseries for me.

Owzers

I don't trust DC when it comes to Green Lantern, even if they relaunch with just one main GL title, they wouldn't be able to resist crossover madness.

My thoughts

Aquaman & The Others That's a shame, it wasn't amazing but decent
Infinity Man It started off so awesome but then totally dropped the ball
Klarion Noccenti come on
Secret Origins This was all over the map quality wise.
GI Zombie Never read
Trinity of Sin They've really tried to make these 3 (well mostly 2 of them) characters happen but it seems no one but me reads them
Arkham Manor Its been interesting, wonder if its cause of story reasons
Batwoman This has just been doing this slow death spiral, not surprised
Green Lantern Corps Kind of sucks, I like more than 1 GL book
GL New Guardians This better not mean we're losing Kyle
Red Lanterns This sucks, this one has been fantastic for awhile
Swamp Thing Just as it was finally getting good an interesting again

The last ones we knew were ending in March cause they were weeklies that ran till March.

Owzers

I want that Mignola statue too, but i have the Bermejo batman black and white and i have a one batman statue policy atm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom