• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

November sales:

176 Klarion 2 $2.99 DC 11,416

tumblr_lk8r1f3chl1qd3o95o1_400.gif

NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND ALL THE MURKYNESS AND CONFUSION.

It's shit Nocenti writing behind all the smoke and mirrors

tim1138

How in the world is Justice League 3000 sticking around? Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but I'd be amazed if it sells more than 12k a month.

How in the world is Justice League 3000 sticking around? Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but I'd be amazed if it sells more than 12k a month.

118 Justice League 3000 11 $2.99 DC 18,642

Soon

also

136 Aquaman and the Others 7 $2.99 DC 15,859
137 Batwoman 36 $2.99 DC 15,795

These things happen

Messi

What the hell was up with that Batwoman space issue? Complete tonal shift. Probably lost some readers there.

How are Harley Quinn's and Catwoman numbers ViewtifulJC?

tim1138

118 Justice League 3000 11 $2.99 DC 18,642

Soon

also

136 Aquaman and the Others 7 $2.99 DC 15,859
137 Batwoman 36 $2.99 DC 15,795

These things happen

Damn, 18k. That's pretty impressive. When it launched I didn't figure it would last beyond 8 issues, but I'm happy it's still chugging along.

GorillaWithDandruff said:
Are you fucking kidding me?? They'd never heard of it before?? What kind of establishment are they running over there.

To be honest, a really crappy one.

JEKKI

ugh... some ebayer jus complained to me that the comics he received weren't in pristine condition.

u jus bought out my entire Mark Waid Daredevil run for $15! and you're complaining about a small watermark and a few bends??

comic book nerds I swear...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm getting way too many graphic novels for Christmas I don't know where to start. Maybe with the Sandman?

What a great problem!

YES YES YES! So much better than the other Non Adam Hughes Cover Girls one.

I really dig her, but man. I've already got both Wonder Woman bishoujos, I have the 1/6 ArtFX statue coming this month, and I have the Cliff Chiang Art of War statue coming in February. Wonder Women everywhere!

I might buy this too. :(

GET UP!

COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!

Oh man. You went way into the archives for that one.

Ending or cancelled in March

Aquaman & The Others
Infinity Man
Klarion
Secret Origins
GI Zombie
Trinity of Sin
Arkham Manor
Batwoman
Green Lantern Corps
GL New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Swamp Thing
Batman Eternal
Futures End
Worlds End
Multiversity

most of these cullings are a good thing, IMO. The GL line needed to be streamlined down. I don't think it should be the GLC but there really should be just two GL books: GL featuring Hal and GL Corps for the rest. And Swamp thing is really loosing steam and with Soule moving to marvel its time to move things along

MG310

YES YES YES! So much better than the other Non Adam Hughes Cover Girls one.

Didn't even notice it was a Cover Girls one...thought it was an Art of War and that's why the blue was so light. Think I'll pick up the AoW Chiang or Paquette ones instead.

MG310

ugh... some ebayer jus complained to me that the comics he received weren't in pristine condition.

u jus bought out my entire Mark Waid Daredevil run for $15! and you're complaining about a small watermark and a few bends??

comic book nerds I swear...

I've been trying to sort things for selling and between that and having to sort through to find out which digital codes have expired I think it's not worth the hassle.

Cheska

I really dig her, but man. I've already got both Wonder Woman bishoujos, I have the 1/6 ArtFX statue coming this month, and I have the Cliff Chiang Art of War statue coming in February. Wonder Women everywhere!

I might buy this too. :(

I hear ya! December has been brutal for me. Between both the Catwoman and Wonder Woman Sideshow figs and Zatanna Bombshell, I'm pretty much at my limit.

I hear ya! December has been brutal for me. Between both the Catwoman and Wonder Woman Sideshow figs and Zatanna Bombshell, I'm pretty much at my limit.

WAT? Cheska has a limit?

Can't wait to see photos of those sideshow pieces Cheska. I'm hoping my Death statue ships soon!

Yeah, she [Death] should be shipping this week. Can't wait to get mine.

Why did Spidewoman get almost 100k.

Bewbs.

What are people's thoughts of Leinel Francis Yu?

I'm reading Avengers 31 on MU and I swear I can never tell if I like his work. He has occasional pages I like but usually his stuff seems like a mess.

Owzers

DC needs to get their act together, and after convergence, only have books written by editors and artists for six months. Let it all flow. Then after those six months, only have books written by 80s writers. Then only crossovers. In a year and a half DC will be readable again for me.

And to be fair, Marvel needs to let every talented writer they have write an event so I can stop saying " if only _______ wrote the next event it would be great", because it's not going to be.

PsychBat!

Banned

I'm reading Avengers 31 on MU and I swear I can never tell if I like his work. He has occasional pages I like but usually his stuff seems like a mess.

Depends on inking, honestly. His Secret Invasion sucked due to inking, I thought.

He's one of my favorite artists that tends to suffer from bad or rushed inking.

Hnnng. Nine days guys, and I'll have stuff to read/discuss again. Been rereading the criminal series this week to get myself back in the groove. The way Bru builds a living breathing world with various location & character touchstones really is masterful, I love the feeling that there are stories between the stories, with places like the undertow pinning them all together.

Messi

Now I wanna think of book ideas for Nocenti that you'd suck it up and buy.

New Gotham City Sirens?

It would test my resolve. Sure. But I doubt DC will give her another shot at a big character for quite a while after the Catwoman fiasco.
I'd likely wait for impressions here of the first few issues.

Edit: first time in a long time but a comic made me feel like I was going to get sick just now. I am reading Walking Deads 3rd hardcover and
Michonne torturing The Governor made me want to vomit. Fuck that was messed up. It just kept getting worse.

I ended up having to order the Punk Rock Jesus deluxe hardcover after driving around all day Saturday unsuccessfully looking for it (one of my LCS' had never even hard of the series, let alone a deluxe hardcover release). Now I'm jonsing for more Sean Murphy, as someone who doesn't care for Scott Snyder is the Wake worth it for Murphy's art?

I liked The Wake a lot,, the second half was a littler weaker. But starts out great and the art is awesome.
Joe the Barbarian was really good imo. Enjoyed that book a lot,, cool idea for the story,, and the only reason I even bought it of course that art is amazing..

Sooo Powers tv show...wasn't that this month?

Idk, the book got pushed back a month I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom