• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Why would we be judged for reading it?

Zombine my store got two and I bought both. One for me and one for a gift. Screw everyone else. I did my part.

Only complaint I have is that I wish it was hardcover, but I'll take what I can get. It's really a gorgeous book.

Messi

Only complaint I have is that I wish it was hardcover, but I'll take what I can get. It's really a gorgeous book.

I doubt he could afford a hardcover after taking a bath on Ravine. He has said before he would love to do one all things being perfect. Maybe if it is a success and after the second book.

I was gonna get Sunstone with my order this week, but my cat had to get emergency surgery today. :(

now i'm not gonna be buying comics for a while :((((

Oh goodness. I hope your cat is OK :(.

he had bladder stones and was super sad :( I felt so bad, I probably could have shopped around for a cheaper procedure if I waited, but I couldn't.

he'll be okay. i'll just have to budget better this year haha.

Read through Kill Your Boyfriend and that was quite the story. I wouldn't call it my favorite Morrison comic but it was still a good read for sure. I really loved how the colors started off kind of muted but as things got crazier they got more colorful. Glad I picked it up.

Man, what a week. I think I bought fourteen books today, and a good chunk of em were five bucks. Even Black Science was four. Good thing next week is light...I think my only buys are gonna be East of West and SHIELD.

Edit: to clarify, I'm not coming down on Black Science's pricing, totally fair for the amount of pages you get. Just....ung, my wallet. Ow.

Zombine

Banned
Bendis trying to be Morrison lite in X-Men Annual was something else. Guy thinks you can just say shit over and over again and people will think you're brilliant.

It's all so timey-wimey bros.

mBBrDKV.gif

Bendis saw The Butterfly Effect for the first time and it blew his mind.

The more I read Fantastic Four (Hickman), the more I can see how Ellis picked The 4 as the villains in Planetary.

[ig]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5o7cBqCIAA61gh.jpg[/img]

Yessssss! Dad comes through big!

Such a great omnibus. And the art under the dust jacket is gorgeous too.

It's kind of surreal tbh. It's odd not scrolling down panel after panel.
How many chapters does it collect? I've read the first two chapters and it's quite good reading. Thinking of getting this on CMX. not something I'd put on shelves and run the risk of accidental perusing when my niece and nephews visit.

I can't believe I'm sitting here with Sunstone in my hands printed on actual paper and not on a Harry Potter/Sonic/MLP/Cosplay art site.

Speaking of which....Sejic announced that sales of Ravine TPB Vol.2 were pretty abysmal, so he'll be continuing the story as a web series. I think we all know whose fault this is.
Kipp

Also, Sejic apparently has three (!?) dA accounts.

Messi

How many chapters does it collect? I've read the first two chapters and it's quite good reading. Thinking of getting this on CMX. not something I'd put on shelves and run the risk of accidental perusing when my niece and nephews visit.

Just the first chapter and extras. It's nicely sized.

Mindwipe

Bah, Sunstone isn't shipping in the UK for a few more days.

There's not actually stacks in that image sale that I need. I might pickup a few more issues of Deadly Class and Nonplayer, given issue 2 is actually coming.

Invincible was working fine for me.

On the twelveth day of Christmas, ComicGAF sent to me....
12 months of Marvel Unlimited
11 DC Bombshells
10 Marvel events
9 IDW licenses
8 issues of Multiversity
7 commissioned sketches
6 retconned deaths
FIVE GIIIIIIRRRLLLY HIJIINKS
4 Dan Slott trolls
3 Hawkeye delays
2 omniboo
AND A PARTRIDGE IN ALAN MOORE'S BEARD!

Anybody try out the new He-Man book from DC? I passed given my high book count today, but Mark Waid....nostalgia....sweet art....resolve is wavering.

bought my digital floppies I missed out on, 30 bucks(christ)
and then made an IST order today for 170 bucks

200 dollars worth of comics and I can't even read any of em right now

Zombine

Banned
Need pics!

Isn't that death statue amazing?

Yes she's awesome! Mine has some tiny paint clumps on her, but she's really great. The Michonne statue is just the Bank, but this one's face is painted REALLY well. I still need to post pics of my Rick statue which floored everyone at my LCS, including customers. That thing is a monster.

Bii

Anybody try out the new He-Man book from DC? I passed given my high book count today, but Mark Waid....nostalgia....sweet art....resolve is wavering.

I almost picked it up. I especially like that Darwyn Cooke variant my LCS had.

Also, Black Science went up from $3.50 to $3.99 with #11. Speaking of which, back issues of Black Science is 75% off at Midtown Comics. Not sure if any other notable series has that discount but it's $0.88 per issue including last month's (#10)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom