• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

Art was cool but The Deal was so laughably tryhard edgy. Just real bad.

maybe it was a miller/moore teamup script hey-o

frye

you'd think between that comic and Death of the Family there would have been a moment when these guys looked in the mirror and realized that frank fuckin' miller was more subtle about the gay subtext than this

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/HomePage.aspx?pubOrgID=TW&folderID=1679&depth=1

Marvel Book Previews, May-August.

The two I mentioned are not in their list for some reason, but are present in the PDF.

Edit:
Ms. Marvel OHC - Pg 135.
Powers Omnibus - Pg 123.
Thanks!

Always happy to see what's coming hopefully the DC list comes out soon.

Definately down for a Ms. Marvel OHC. Second Thor GoT OHC collects the rest of the series, might pick those up instead of the omnibus. Sadly no Superior Foes of Spider-Man omnibus

-_-

Paging Messi and KoruptData.

COMIC REEL: DEATHSTROKE RUMORED TO HAVE PART IN "SUICIDE SQUAD"

Also, Harley protagonist?

Comic Book Movie has been contacted by a Reddit user claiming to have attended a focus testing session for the upcoming WB/DC film. The post on Reddit mentions that Deathstroke may have a large part to play in the film. The informant included a bit of what they learned about the film's plot:
What we were given mentioned Harley Quinn being needed to decipher a complex series of bombs planted throughout Gotham. Harley is estranged from The Joker, and her knowledge is being used to figure out where The Joker has placed the bombs. Deathstroke is a Amanda Waller's personal bodyguard, and he's placed in the squad to oversee that they do not deviate from the mission perimeters. The plot then becomes more complex as The Joker has a far more complex goal in mind.
The Redditor claims to have seen Deathstroke concept art, and even clarified via Twitter DM that he did not confuse Deadshot with the similarly named Deathstroke. The article also suggests that Harley Quinn may be the film's main protagonist.

kd-z

Hey ComicsGAF, it's been a while since I've posted here (and probably as long since I've read a comic :<) but I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas! :)

An early Merry Christmas to you all.

Iron-Man-3-Christmas-Trivia.jpg

Well i finished the CBR Top 50 Writers & Artist lists as voted on by fans. Pretty good job all around. Especially the top 10 of each. The website is a pain in the ass to navigate through them all but worth the journey

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/category/top-100-comic-book-writers-and-artists/

Top 10 Artists
10) Frank Miller
9) Alex Ross
8) J.H. Williams III
7) Steve Ditko
6) Jim Lee
5) Neal Adams
4) John Byrne
3) George Perez
2) Frank Quitely
1) Greg Land

Top 10 Writers
10) Geoff Johns
9) Mark Waid
8) Brian K. Vaughan
7) Warren Ellis
6) Chris Claremont
5) Stan Lee
4) Frank Miller
3) Neil Gaiman
2) Grant Morrison
1) Ann Nocenti

Real #1 Artist - Jack Kriby
Real #1 Writer - Alan Moore

I got Sunstone volume 1 just for you Messi, I hope it's as good as you say!

I'm gonna pick up
1nZuuPz.gif
AXIS
1nZuuPz.gif
on Friday when I run to the shop so expect my post on it then

HHHNNNNNGGGGG

Sooooooooooon.

mine is just waiting for me at my shop but I wont be able to get it until saturday

along with my cammy bishoujo and my warrior of light and 3 of the salor scouts that my wife ordered

I wish my relatives would buy my statues for me for christmas but NOOOO no one wants to spend 200 dollars on a thing

also I got a bonus at work and I can't decide what comics I want.

I was thinking Sunstone, ame comi 1 and 2, paul jenkins inhumans hardcover, and lemire Green Arrows

but also I just thought I'd say fuck it and buy like 3 absolutes of something

I dont even know what sunstone is other than a girly messi book. is there explicit content? idk i like the art

srsly tho how they fuck up cheung

every page screams SUPER RUSHED HURRY

I laughed way too loud at the art credits, cuz I thought Cheung was suppose to draw the whole thing

JIM CHEUNG
with Adam KubertTerryDodsonLenilYutoo

and an army of inkers

Avengers_X_Men_Axis_09_004_005.jpg

and they must have pulled those other guys on board very quickly, cuz their work aint shit either. Look at this fuckin' Dodson page(spoilers, I guess?) and compare to his normal standard on Princess Leia here. The whole book just looks bad.

And I think there are at least 3 occasions in this issue where someone is about to kill a dude, but some character is like "WAIT! You don't want to do that look inside yourself believe my nigga", beat, "you're right...". Its all so rushed and phony and trash.

didn't like They're Not Like Us, either. Like, pretty much any of it, right on down to its "oh uh 22 pages I guess we'll just end it on this note, there's no sense of finality or drama since it looks like every other panel and we haven't built to it at all, but eh" ending

Manifest Destiny was cool tho

mostly tho, stay indoors kids and spend your money on people, not this week's comics

tumblr_mxe844nQGF1ryp6ppo1_500.gif

Tendo

Comixology has a 50% sale going on almost all image comics released before November 15th I think the cutoff was.

Just picked up Chew through issue 43 for like 20 some bucks. Doesn't work on Invincible though :/ Got a few issues of stuff I was missing too. use the promo code IMAGE to get the discount.

Messi

mine is just waiting for me at my shop but I wont be able to get it until saturday

along with my cammy bishoujo and my warrior of light and 3 of the salor scouts that my wife ordered

I wish my relatives would buy my statues for me for christmas but NOOOO no one wants to spend 200 dollars on a thing

also I got a bonus at work and I can't decide what comics I want.

I was thinking Sunstone, ame comi 1 and 2, paul jenkins inhumans hardcover, and lemire Green Arrows

but also I just thought I'd say fuck it and buy like 3 absolutes of something

I dont even know what sunstone is other than a girly messi book. is there explicit content? idk i like the art

Yes Sunstone is explicit. It's about love and friendship. Also bdsm. It's just a great slice of life story. Don't hold it being a book I enjoy against it.

Yes Sunstone is explicit. It's about love and friendship. Also bdsm. It's just a great slice of life story. Don't hold it being a book I enjoy against it.

I am new around these parts but I also subscribe to the girly books theory; that theory being "they're better"

i think that's your thing anyway

if I go with the many trades its on the list

Cheska

Happy Holidays my friends!! <3 <3

Going to do some Strangers in Paradise reading before digging into this week's haul. Catwoman Annual, YAY!

I laughed way too loud at the art credits, cuz I thought Cheung was suppose to draw the whole thing

JIM CHEUNG
with Adam KubertTerryDodsonLenilYutoo

and an army of inkers

Avengers_X_Men_Axis_09_004_005.jpg

and they must have pulled those other guys on board very quickly, cuz their work aint shit either. Look at this fuckin' Dodson page(spoilers, I guess?) and compare to his normal standard on Princess Leia here. The whole book just looks bad.

And I think there are at least 3 occasions in this issue where someone is about to kill a dude, but some character is like "WAIT! You don't want to do that look inside yourself believe my nigga", beat, "you're right...". Its all so rushed and phony and trash.

didn't like They're Not Like Us, either. Like, pretty much any of it, right on down to its "oh uh 22 pages I guess we'll just end it on this note, there's no sense of finality or drama since it looks like every other panel and we haven't built to it at all, but eh" ending

Manifest Destiny was cool tho

mostly tho, stay indoors kids and spend your money on people, not this week's comics

tumblr_mxe844nQGF1ryp6ppo1_500.gif
gross. What the hell is wrong with axis being delayed all of one week to get the art better?

they let empires rise and fall in between issues of Hawkeye...

So do we know if axis is going to end up skipable and not really relevant? Like are the events going to be important in the uncanny avengers relaunch?

gross. What the hell is wrong with axis being delayed all of one week to get the art better?

they let empires rise and fall in between issues of Hawkeye...

So do we know if axis is going to end up skipable and not really relevant? Like are the events going to be important in the uncanny avengers relaunch?

UA is definitely spinning out of that, but I'm sure they'll recap that in the first issue. What I think you need to know is:

-Sabretooth stayed inverted, basically Wolverine replacement, monster trying to be a man, etc.
-Brother Voodoo was revived because reasons...DOOM REASONS. Knows magic and is a brotha.
-Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't related to Magneto because reasons...FOX MOVIE REASONS.
-Captain America is still Sam Wilson
-At some point the Vision joins the squad because reasons...AGE OF ULTRON MOVIE REASONS.
-Rogue is still there, still occasionally unzips her jacket to show cleavage because reasons...HETEROSEXUAL MALE DEMOGRAPHIC REASONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom