• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
So I was perusing Midtown Comics' site and came across this:

4N43dI8.png

Now I really want to see a series of "Multiversal Image Firsts" where they let a popular writer/artist team from Image recreate their own version of another team's #1 issue.

Owzers

Why would we be judged for reading it?.

Yeah, even as a teasing post it kind of failed. I can do better. I will do better.

Also my brain starts to melt after 1.5 hours of Dragon Age 3. I can't do long sessions. Trying to catch up on comics, read the latest Avengers/New Avengers issues from my last month dcbs shipment, i don't think Hickman has told that great of a story between the 64 avengers/new avengers issues. Maybe he's a builder.

fauxtrot

Banned
Guys, help me pick some titles during this Midtown Comics back issues sale... so far I am getting everything they have related to:

Grayson
East of West
Manhattan Projects
Black Science
Deadly Class

What am I missing?

Zombine

Banned
What if it falls tho? Why risk it man.

It's actually safer being closer to the ground than it is on the shelf. It literally hung off the edge and it scared me.

I have to do a lot of re-organization in general, but I'm thinking of moving so I'm like "fuck it" and just kind of put my stuff in random places.

That was the Annual, which was a one shot that focused on the time jump she experienced. It was more about Bendis trying to sound smart than it was about Eve.

Not really a one-shot, as it's a continuation of Uncanny X-Men Annual #1. Two-part story! I love Eva. Eva all day every day. All-New Eva. All-Eva Everything.

Oh man...that Image sale on Comixology. I didn't plan on buying any more digital comics until I got through the $75 bucks worth I spent on the black friday sale, but I don't know if I can resist catching up on Walking Dead and Invincible. They won't be cheaper then this, will they? I think I've got about 6-7 trades worth for both to catch up on.

So Batman Eternal is the only thing I had been fully reading for a while now.
Anyway I decided to go back and give the new direction Catwoman a shot.

Enjoying it so far but i'd like to see
Eiko Catwoman become a full time partner with Batman(full on Batman & Robin level partnership) and see Selina's reaction to it.

fauxtrot

Banned
Damnit... the Midtown Comics 75% off back issues thing must have been a mistake.

I had like 50 issues (including variants and first printings that they were charging markup on) for about $45 bucks in my cart, but I took my time picking more stuff out and now everything has reverted back to 15% off.

Thank god I noticed before I checked out and ended up with a $200 order instead.

MG310

Damnit... the Midtown Comics 75% off back issues thing must have been a mistake.

I had like 50 issues (including variants and first printings that they were charging markup on) for about $45 bucks in my cart, but I took my time picking more stuff out and now everything has reverted back to 15% off.

Thank god I noticed before I checked out and ended up with a $200 order instead.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to the stuff I already added to my next subscription shipment. 56.50 will become 250-ish.

Messi

Next Harley Quinn special is Valentines Day. So much for MLK day.

DEC140349.jpg

What a classy looking Harley Quinn costume. Amanda Conner <3

Oh and I just bought Sunstone digitally too. So I can read on the go :p

Well i finished the CBR Top 50 Writers & Artist lists as voted on by fans. Pretty good job all around. Especially the top 10 of each. The website is a pain in the ass to navigate through them all but worth the journey

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/category/top-100-comic-book-writers-and-artists/

Top 10 Artists
1) Greg Land

Top 10 Writers
1) Ann Nocenti

Dead

tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Honestly did not see that coming haha.
For a second I thought the CBR community had played the single greatest joke ever. But alas.

fauxtrot

Banned
"Bix wants strings that are silver and gold;
Bo wants balls, new and old;
Suzy wants twisties, twisted or not.
That's what the kitty cats want for Christmas."

Leon Redbone's Christmas album is legit, brahs.

MG310

Next Harley Quinn special is Valentines Day. So much for MLK day.

DEC140349.jpg

What a classy looking Harley Quinn costume. Amanda Conner <3

Oh and I just bought Sunstone digitally too. So I can read on the go :p

It'll probably end better than their last date.

tumblr_m6luzsCA0r1qczbido1_500.gif

Voror

So, out of curiosity, what's the general consensus on best titles of Marvel and DC. Pretty much fell off comics for the most part. Had a weird moment musing on Spider-man where everything just ended up feeling pointless with those universes.

Is Loki still good? I rather liked the first few issues. I've also been hearing good things on that Ms. Marvel series.

Cheska

So, out of curiosity, what's the general consensus on best titles of Marvel and DC. Pretty much fell off comics for the most part. Had a weird moment musing on Spider-man where everything just ended up feeling pointless with those universes.

Is Loki still good? I rather liked the first few issues. I've also been hearing good things on that Ms. Marvel series.

Do you mean of what is currently being published or of all time?

Out of what is still being released, I find myself enjoying the following titles the most:

-Silver Surfer
-Ms. Marvel
-Secret Avengers
-Captain Marvel
-Rocket Raccoon
-All New X-Men
-Uncanny X-men
-She-Hulk
-Black Widow

Hickman's Avengers is really good, but I'm personally behind on that saga. Hawkeye is fantastic, but has a really shitty release schedule and Superior Foes of Spider-Man just ended ;_;

Current? Batman Eternal is pretty great.
Kinda wish more big comics would try weekly runs.

Call me crazy but after Eternal ends i'd probably try Detective as a weekly/bi-weekly and keep everything else the same.

Messi

I finished reading Batman and Robin #37 and Robin Rises #1

Damn did it just get real dusty in here?

that hug

fauxtrot

Banned
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can skip Eternal completely... anything it may affect in the mainline Batman series should be spelled out well enough for you anyway. They don't want to exclude readers that don't have the time/money for a weekly.

I have found Eternal minimally intrusive. It's annoying that every single issue has to reference those events in some off-handed way, and the addition of a new, major cast member who came onto the scene with little fanfare or explanation, but it's not at all a dealbreaker. Endgame has been great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The only changes it makes to the mainline Batman title are the location of the bat cave and Alfred's daughter being there, which are pretty unobtrusive and don't raise many questions.

didn't even go to the comic shop today, I'm sure my shop isn't gonna sell out of copies of Superman

any impressions of They're Not Like Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom