• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't even go to the comic shop today, I'm sure my shop isn't gonna sell out of copies of Superman

any impressions of They're Not Like Us?

Didn't like it at all, lol. Birdie tho

--

Apparently, everyone is drawing that 80 page Multiversity issue next month

The guidebook to the greatest adventure in DC’s history is here! With a detailed concordance featuring each of the 52 worlds in the Multiverse, a complete history of DC Comics’ universe-shattering “Crisis” events, a map of all known existence, AND an action-packed dual adventure starring Kamandi of Earth-51 alongside the post-apocalyptic Atomic Knight Batman of Earth-17 and chibi Batman of Earth-42, this 80-page mountain of MULTIVERSITY madness cannot be missed! The MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK contains everything you ever wanted to know about DC’s parallel worlds and their super-heroic inhabitants. Meet the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R. The Light Brigade, the Super-Americans and the Love Syndicate! Meet the Accelerated Man, Aquaflash, BiOmac and more! Overflowing with today’s top artists and completely written by Grant Morrison himself, readers of the DC Universe can’t afford to pass up this oversized, sixth chapter of MULTIVERSITY!

So, out of curiosity, what's the general consensus on best titles of Marvel and DC. Pretty much fell off comics for the most part. Had a weird moment musing on Spider-man where everything just ended up feeling pointless with those universes.

Is Loki still good? I rather liked the first few issues. I've also been hearing good things on that Ms. Marvel series.

For me, I'm going to say:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Grayson
  • Gotham Academy
  • Harley Quinn
  • Silver Surfer
  • Uncanny X-Men
  • All-New X-Men
  • Catwoman
  • Avengers
  • New Avengers

Didn't like it at all, lol. Birdie tho

--

Apparently, everyone is drawing that 80 page Multiversity issue next month

The guidebook to the greatest adventure in DC’s history is here! With a detailed concordance featuring each of the 52 worlds in the Multiverse, a complete history of DC Comics’ universe-shattering “Crisis” events, a map of all known existence, AND an action-packed dual adventure starring Kamandi of Earth-51 alongside the post-apocalyptic Atomic Knight Batman of Earth-17 and chibi Batman of Earth-42, this 80-page mountain of MULTIVERSITY madness cannot be missed! The MULTIVERSITY GUIDEBOOK contains everything you ever wanted to know about DC’s parallel worlds and their super-heroic inhabitants. Meet the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R. The Light Brigade, the Super-Americans and the Love Syndicate! Meet the Accelerated Man, Aquaflash, BiOmac and more! Overflowing with today’s top artists and completely written by Grant Morrison himself, readers of the DC Universe can’t afford to pass up this oversized, sixth chapter of MULTIVERSITY!

I ain't even read it yet

Merry holidays comic brahs.

Axis is gone, and so Uncanny Avengers will soon be back to kick ass. It was an okay event, but I had fun with it.

Batman 36 that whole reveal was just amazing. I like this version of
the Joker
as much as I enjoyed Morrison's version.

Now to start catching up with Batman and Robin. Only 18 issues to go!!

Just read issue 2 of Tooth and Claw. I was a little weary about this from the first issue, but holy crap by the second page of this one there is a lion man with a beam sword riding on a grasshopper fucking up skeksis knock offs. AWESOME! Also, no more tiger boobs. Just a lot of dong.

Welp it's late Christmas eve. Back home from visiting the fam and exchaning gifts (our tradition is Christmas eve night) so I think I'll read Batman Noel for the first time. Let's see how this turns out

Nudull

Banned
Gonna do some post-Christmas shopping this weekend. Debating between grabbing the Animal Man by Morrison omniboo or hunting down X-Statix and/or Strangers in Paradise.

For Christmas my parents got me some of the New 52 Batman trades, the first trade for Gotham Central, and a JLA shirt. My sister got me some old Harley Quinn issues from like 2002 or so, she knows me so well.

Voror

Do you mean of what is currently being published or of all time?

Out of what is still being released, I find myself enjoying the following titles the most:

-Silver Surfer
-Ms. Marvel
-Secret Avengers
-Captain Marvel
-Rocket Raccoon
-All New X-Men
-Uncanny X-men
-She-Hulk
-Black Widow

Hickman's Avengers is really good, but I'm personally behind on that saga. Hawkeye is fantastic, but has a really shitty release schedule and Superior Foes of Spider-Man just ended ;_;

Ah, meant current. Sorry, I should have been more specific. Heard good things on most of those as I recall.

I can recognize that Hickman's work is good, but something about it just doesn't appeal to me. Not sure what. And is Hawkeye still doing that ridiculous thing with that gang that always says bro? Superior Foes is another one I've always heard great things about and heard was really funny.

I rather want to pick up some of the trades for these, but worry they'll just release some hardcover edition down the line that collects like 12 issues.

Current? Batman Eternal is pretty great.
Kinda wish more big comics would try weekly runs.

Call me crazy but after Eternal ends i'd probably try Detective as a weekly/bi-weekly and keep everything else the same.

I may look into that one once it ends. How is Detective since the writer change? I think it was the people who were on Flash previously, correct?

For me, I'm going to say:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Grayson
  • Gotham Academy
  • Harley Quinn
  • Silver Surfer
  • Uncanny X-Men
  • All-New X-Men
  • Catwoman
  • Avengers
  • New Avengers

Wait, Catwoman got good?

Grayson I read the first two of and liked. Not familiar with Gotham Academy, but will look into it.

Adding onto what the others have already said for good Marvel/DC stuff, I highly recommend Superman. It's been consistently great since the new creative team took over with issue 32.

And I'm always behind on it, but Daredevil is a good choice too.

Voror

Yeah, the very minute Ann Nocenti stopped writing it. It's being written by Genevieve Valentine, now. This is her first comic writing gig, I believe. But she's a sci-fi / fantasy author.

Well, that's good to hear. Wasn't aware Nocenti had left.

Adding onto what the others have already said for good Marvel/DC stuff, I highly recommend Superman. It's been consistently great since the new creative team took over with issue 32.

And I'm always behind on it, but Daredevil is a good choice too.

That's Johns and Romita, right?

Well, that's good to hear. Wasn't aware Nocenti had left.

It was only a few issues ago, so you don't have more than three or four issues to catch up on. They've changed the angle of the book a bit. Selina is now a big player in the organized crime aspect of Gotham. It's different, but it's been very enjoyable and well-written.

frye

Speaking of JRJR these Wolverine comics are basically everything I wanted Wolverine to be when I was eleven or twelve. Fuckin ace tbh

I like Red Son less than I remembered tho, mostly cuz of the third issue outside the ending. A Mark Millar comic for people who don't like Mark Millar comics

Voror

It was only a few issues ago, so you don't have more than three or four issues to catch up on. They've changed the angle of the book a bit. Selina is now a big player in the organized crime aspect of Gotham. It's different, but it's been very enjoyable and well-written.

Has she gone full on villain or sort of using the position to help the city in her own way?

yup. and I second the rec, it's a very good superhero comic

Will check out then. Thank you.

fertygo

Oh God, why. Andy Kubrrt is drawing Robin Rises. I can't stand his artwork.

If this could made you happy, that issue basically rehash of Gleason issue plus added scene
where Damian punch the shit of Darkseid's henchmen with his new superpower.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Mind MGMT is a great call. Maybe Zero too?

When you say Zero is it the spy one I am seeing on amazon? "Zero Volume 1: An Emergency TP"?

And how many TP are there of this series, I am seeing 3?

It is catching my eye! Along with the others listed.

k8o2Cw3.jpg

Hot DAMN I love Christmas!!

So... how's Damien not dead again?

Shhhhhh

350x700px-LL-e1062fd3_shh2.jpeg

We open a single gift on Christmas Eve every year; I got Southern Bastards vol 1! Already reread the first issue, it's even better than I remember

Peace on Earth and good will towards everyone!

Except for Marvel readers.

hqdefault.jpg

"To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

OK you too I guess!

Merry Christmas!!!

Zombine

Banned
At 25 years old my body is still trained to wake up at 6 in the morning on Christmas Day. I guess I'll drink some coffee and read Sunstone and keep catching up in SiP.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
At 25 years old my body is still trained to wake up at 6 in the morning on Christmas Day. I guess I'll drink some coffee and read Sunstone and keep catching up in SiP.

I couldn't sleep at all I was too busy reading.
Christmas day is gonna be super busy and I'm exhausted and it's time to "wake up" why did I do this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom