• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ive got neither comics nor games, but now I own a microwave, in which i can grill steaks.

Not sure if this is the best present ever or a dissapointmemt :D ;-)

Posted this Christmas haul earlier last night, already read Spiderman Blue and Murder mysteries which was awesome!
I really liked Murder Mysteries and only got it because it was about an angel. Happy it was chosen.
Can't make a decision on what to do next since the rest are all so long. Someone pick for me what to I read next? Kind of intimidated by Sandman. Picture again since it's easier than a list.

Sandman. No need to be intimidated at all. The 4 Absolutes you have start at #1 and end at #75. One of the greatest comics ever. I am in the middle of my re-read, about to start on the 3rd Absolute.

Sadist

I'm really loving this, can't stop looking at it:

jbsglOH3pfTkdX.jpg

jbaRm2KQJTKZ6.jpg

jAniZ3OH9EyxA.jpg

jKJKVjzxVjJdd.jpg

j7YB0ZYfzXIfr.jpg

jT1OLQUIPLMoT.jpg

Love how Reed is punching Doom :p

I've finally gotten back to my Essential Doctor Strange collection. It pains me so much that the edition I have is in black-and-white, this would look amazing in color. In black-and-white, a lot of this artwork is hard to make out.

Nice! I'm pumped to start reading. Been waiting on a sale forever. Grabbed invincible universe too. So many comics!
Check out Tech Jacket too. Too bad Kirkman was never able to work Battle Pope into those universes....
I've finally gotten back to my Essential Doctor Strange collection. It pains me so much that the edition I have is in black-and-white, this would look amazing in color. In black-and-white, a lot of this artwork is hard to make out.
Shame we don't have any decent and comprehensive Dr. strange collections. There's always a drawback. I have the old floppies though.

Still debating which hardcovers I want to purchase next. The Invisibles is a possibility because I'm willing to give Morrison another chance....

Zombine

Banned
Great pick-ups. I can't recommend Invincible enough as a superhero book, but it seems like barely anyone around here reads it.

When I use the Nelsen ratings for work, 1 person = 1,000 people. I read it and you read it, so at least 2,000 people read it.

Did you just read it or do you read it on the site?

I read it off and on on the site. I stopped when I found out it picked up a distributor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I got a Galaxy Note 4 the other day, just rememebred to download the Marvel Unlimited app. Read Astonishing X-Men #1 on it, using the smart reading thingie it does... really enjoyed it. The Note 4's screen is huge so you dont even need to zoom in (especially with the smart reading thing which does it automatically), the smart reading thing goes from panel to panel nicely (as your eyes would, its not like you are looking at full pages all the time anyway), zooming in and out as needed (I actually really like the, almost motion comic style presentation, like sometimes it crops on just a character with a speech bubble, and then zooms out and OMG THERES A SENTINEL THERE lol), it just felt...right. it felt like I was reading a comic. My old iphone was way too small for the app, but the Note seems to work nicely.

Might be time to finally get that MU sub ive been thinking about for ages

edit: also lol at Emma's "superpowers, great wit and the best body you can buy, and I still rate bellow a corpse" line from that issue. I assume Astonishing was after Jean died (again), made me chuckle. Kinda excited to read all the shit Ive missed all these years

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know that the **** is up to each own's interpretation, but to me its Captain Cunt

I know that the **** is up to each own's interpretation, but to me its Captain Cunt

But what would cause Captain America to go batshit like that? Clearly it's Captain Nazi. Which, coincidentally, is the name of an actual DC character. It's true, I saw it in the DC Encyclopedia.

Rhaknar

But what would cause Captain America to go batshit like that? Clearly it's Captain Nazi. Which, coincidentally, is the name of an actual DC character. It's true, I saw it in the DC Encyclopedia.

he said he washed his mouth with soap, so I assumed profanity. You're probably right, I didnt think of the Captain America connection (in that way). Why do you have the "bleep" out Nazi tho?

and he said "im from brooklyn, Im not going not going to call myself Mr.Friendly", Nazi isnt exactly the opposite of friendly. In fact, now I think youre reaching, just because of the Captain America reference.

he said he washed his mouth with soap, so I assumed profanity. You're probably right, I didnt think of the Captain America connection (in that way). Why do you have the "bleep" out Nazi tho?

I think any guesses are complete speculation. I'm not even sure there IS an answer to what they "edited" out. They may not have had a word in mind when the book was written, and it was just intended for the reader to assume it was a horribly profane word.

Rhaknar

I think any guesses are complete speculation. I'm not even sure there IS an answer to what they "edited" out. They may not have had a word in mind when the book was written, and it was just intended for the reader to assume it was a horribly profane word.

yeah, hence my "cunt" :p

Captain Fucker

Captain Dick

Captain Cock

whatever your filthy heart desires.

Splatt

My Captain!

http://wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/31/harley-quinn-attacks-the-dc-offices.jpg[/img

[spoiler]I hated the end of this issue. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

ker-splortch has to be the dumbest sounding sound effect :lol:

[SPOILER]Now I'm reminded of Incredible Herc and it's incredible sound effects, damn you Marvel! :((([/SPOILER]

I assume Captain Shit since he says Cap beat 7 shades of it out of him. What do you say, you say you're gonna beat the shit out of someone.

Ah, but Elsa also uses the tmesis abso☠☠☠☠lutely. If it is meant to be the same ☠☠☠☠ from Captain ☠☠☠☠, your guess might not fit well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Christmas additions to the backlog:

Hellboy: Library Edition, Vol 5
Hellboy: Library Edition, Vol 6
Parker: The Score
Parker: Slayground
Station 16
Walt Disney Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Don Rosa Library Vols. 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom