• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

Anyone reading Loki: Agent of Asgard?

I started reading this mostly because I missed Young Avengers so much.

I really like it.

Edit:

Axis has really shaken my faith in Remender. His Uncanny X-Force is the reason I started reading comics...

H3l9ef2.png

1ONHJRH.gif
thank you sir
1ONHJRH.gif

H3l9ef2.png

Love him or hate him you gotta respect him, Bendis is doing God's work on GotG. Issue before ended with a symbioted Groot cliffhanger and the next ended in a symbioted Drax cliffhanger. Masterful.

Messi

Love him or hate him you gotta respect him, Bendis is doing God's work on GotG. Issue before ended with a symbioted Groot cliffhanger and the next ended in a symbioted Drax cliffhanger. Masterful.

I refuse to believe that he did that.

I bet he has something to do with this hamfisted Kitty and Starlord relationship.

Godhead had a supremely satisfying conclusion. A delightful storyline all around.

Black Hand
reanimating the source wall Titans and using them to attack New Genesis was so good.
The 4 page splash image was especially amazing!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Starman son!
This is actually something I want to read. Loved the Batman/Hellboy/Starman Crossover years ago.

I dont know if Robinson was involved, but I really wanted to go more into Starman afterwards. The character was pretty cool. Wasnt aware that Robinson worked on the series.

Tizoc

Yeah, I googled him and saw that he wrote Face the Face, a Storyline, which I really liked.

Hm...
This is actually something I want to read. Loved the Batman/Hellboy/Starman Crossover years ago.

I dont know if Robinson was involved, but I really wanted to go more into Starman afterwards. The character was pretty cool. Wasnt aware that Robinson worked on the series.

James Robinson is more prominently known for his Starman run from the 90s. It was so good that DC and Dark Horse made a mini series crossover featuring Hellboy, Starman and Batman (OK I'm exaggerating a bit here, but out of all the characters at the time why Starman~)

While Robinson's later work may not have been good, his Starman run remains among the best written comic series...that I have yet to read :p
hOWEVER I've heard enough praise for it that it's def. worth checking out.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/STARMAN-OMNIBUS-TP-VOL-01/FEB120268
You know what to do~

frye

I'm gonna but the Sandman Omnibuses and I'm going to like them right?

As a fan of big books even I think those omniboo are ridiculous. I think you would like it, but my suggestion would be to check out the first trade or two in the library and get the slipcase of the 10 paperbacks.

Wow, Big Hero 6 (the movie) was surprisingly good fun. Will read the comic tonight. Do they appear in anything other than the 5 issues I see on MU?

Also, is it just me or is zooming in on a double page on Marvel Unlimited completely borked? (I am on iOS, if that matters).

Who is this Bendis guy and how do I follow this fanfic tumblr?

I'm about to go to the comic shop and exchange my Darkseid. I get 80 from that and have another 25 dollar gift card.

I have narrowed my choices to:

Sandman Death Statue. Never read the book yet but I think the statue looks really cool.

Supergirl Bombshell

Supergirl Covergirl

Batwoman Covergirl

Cyborg Icon Statue

Mr Freeze Arkham City statue. I would have to pay an extra 20 but a really impressive statue.

Messi

I'm about to go to the comic shop and exchange my Darkseid. I get 80 from that and have another 25 dollar gift card.

I have narrowed my choices to:

Sandman Death Statue. Never read the book yet but I think the statue looks really cool.

Supergirl Bombshell

Supergirl Covergirl

Batwoman Covergirl

Cyborg Icon Statue

Mr Freeze Arkham City statue. I would have to pay an extra 20 but a really impressive statue.

The Supergirl Bombshell is awesome as is the Batwoman Covergirl, Death statue is also impressive.

I'm gonna but the Sandman Omnibuses and I'm going to like them right?
Yes. It's one of the best comic series out there. I don't know what happened to Robinson afterwards but Starman is one of the greats. A love letter to Golden Age DC as well as a sorry about family, legacy and the awesomeness of the shade

Yes. It's one of the best comic series out there. I don't know what happened to Robinson afterwards but Starman is one of the greats. A love letter to Golden Age DC as well as a sorry about family, legacy and the awesomeness of the shade

The conversations threw me off a bit too.

KorruptData,frye - talking about Sandman.

GameProff,Tizoc - talking about Starman.

KorruptData - Sandman is amazing, and even the Absolutes are worth it. But I've had a couple of friends I've recommended it to who didn't like it. Are you able to buy the first trade digitally or something?

Gameproff, Tizoc - Starman Omnibus 3 is out of print and rather expensive. DC cancelled the reprint too. You might want to go digital on this one.

The conversations threw me off a bit too.

KorruptData,frye - talking about Sandman.

GameProff,Tizoc talking about Starman.

KorruptData - Sandman is amazing, and even the Absolutes are worth it. But I've had a couple of friends I;ve recommended it to who didn't like it. Are you able to buy the first trade digitally or something?

Gameproff,Tizoc - Starman Omnibus 3 is out of print and rather expensive.
Ack I misread that. Yea Sandman is GOAT too.

MG310

Death or Bombshells Supergirl are my votes.

My orgy of cheap blank covers from Midtown has started processing. The "Pending Midtown Approval" stage might be where it goes south though.

MG310

Her and Mary Marvel are the only two besides the ones that we've seen in cover form already that I can see them doing.

Still a long way to go with the ones that we know are coming plus the ones that have designs already ( Catwoman, Arisia, Star Sapphire, Batwoman, Platinum, and Joker's Daughter who I doubt will actually get made)

I know very little about Arisia but she could be very cool if they pull off the dogs/leash construct the way it is in the picture. I'm skeptical considering that they had to get rid of the magic effect connecting to the wand on Zatanna.

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!

LAST DAY FOR VOTES!